Mytee Electric Truck Mount

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Looks like if someone went with the standard ETM with adding propane and booster (to use as needed would). It would give aprox the same performance and you wouldn't have to run the truck while cleaning saving gas and around 5K.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Flexibility.

Have a running start on first batch of hot water from just driving to the job.

Only run the genset if it's more convenient or if onsite power is unavailable. Adequate for lighting and power tools as well if needed.

Possibly eliminate the need to carry propane (a biggie to me).

Viva' la difference!

Mikey P

Administrator
photobucket-4666-1330302724771.jpg

photobucket-5814-1330302811281.jpg

photobucket-5693-1330299827987.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Viva' la difference!

only when it's practical, Lee

Lee Stockwell said:
Flexibility.

Only run the genset if it's more convenient or if onsite power is unavailable. Adequate for lighting and power tools as well if needed.

if i understand right, that isn't a practical option on the sOOper dOOper lectromount.
You need 220 and 33 amps.

You need the portymount to realistically run on the custy's power .
That's where the virtue is

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Geez - what a bunch of weinies. I run 4 (yes, 4)15 amp plugs every day. Sometimes 6 if I'm doing a long run. 2 or 3 vac motors,depending on machine, sometime 4 with booster, pump out, pump and 3500 watt in line heater. Kitchen 2 plugs, LR good for one, BR for another, washer outlet, there's friggin' plugs all over the place in the average home. A very few places I can just run 2 cords, but I can only think of 2 places that happens.

No hydrocarbons were emitted in this post.

C

cucu

i dont get some of the guys knockin the mytee etm
at connections john show's a purpose built bolt to the floor etm a few months later at mf he brings the next gen of the etm with built in power plant and hx
and you start with "the now your running you motor to power the etm"
but
you can also run power tools , lights or a mircowave to make your lunch ...etc unlike a pto this one is easy to transfare to a different van
instead of putting it in a big ford or gm with a v6 or v8 getting 15 -18 mpg put it on a smaller 4 banger that gets over 20mpg or small mb diesel that gets over 20mpg
the weight saving humping the etm around town vs a standerd tm will save you money
maybe europe is the place for this unit where diesel is almost 2 euros a liter
i dont want to start the war of why you need a 59 blower to suck rugs
but if you can do a great job cleaning with a midsize tm , make happy custys and have avg hose runs of 150ft
and if you understand the days of $0.50gal of gas are gone forever
you might want to look at the etm,s mytee built.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ruff Hewn said:
hey Cu, got any idea how a mechanic will shoehorn that gen on a transverse mounted 4 banger??

..l.T.A.

Cut the hood and put a scoop on it.(and a fake one on the other side with raise lettering that says -5K)

Or you can spend 60 bucks on cords and just plug into the job you are working at.

C

cucu

Ruff Hewn said:
hey Cu, got any idea how a mechanic will shoehorn that gen on a transverse mounted 4 banger??

..l.T.A.

that question is like when people ask me "what brought me to America" and i answer " a BIG AIRPLANE'

how did mytee know they could make it work untill they try it
on the ford connect it looks like hard work to me...but i aint a mechanic
on the dodge doblo van (it,s a fiat should be out next year it same size as the connect ),it looks easier

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John did a good job tricking out that van.

The alternator looks quite substantial.

Dual HX's look nice, and I assume that is an electric heater on the wall.

What kind of heat did it generate ?

Larry

Name
John LaBarbera
Larry Cobb said:
John did a good job tricking out that van.

The alternator looks quite substantial.

Dual HX's look nice, and I assume that is an electric heater on the wall.

What kind of heat did it generate ?

Larry

Inverter

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
That's awesome,

Ive had a dream for a few years to mount this on my 30mpg Toyota Tacoma and running 4 of the biggest vac motors I can find:
10k and only 400 bucks
image_11399.jpg

image_11400.jpg

Name
John LaBarbera
AshleyMckendree said:
That's awesome,

Ive had a dream for a few years to mount this on my 30mpg Toyota Tacoma and running 4 of the biggest vac motors I can find:
10k and only 400 bucks
image_11399.jpg

image_11400.jpg

You can try that set up. But its not the same as the Aura System. The dream could become a nightmare.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John, i have to say it, cause I know a LOT of us have to be thinking it.

WHY would you invest time and money on a VAN powered electric TM??? :shock:

as one man to another, let me strongly suggest you let that one wither on the vine and focus your resources on your $4000-$6000 portymounts ....Make it a GREAT machine..cause that's your market

Forget about your TransformerTM..trust me, it's a non starter .
Your megawatt machine just can't compete in the mid level TM market for so many reasons .
Not the least of which is the NEED to be powered by a VAN'S engine...It's crazy John
Every equipment savvy operator knows that too

They might pat you on the back for the accomplishment of creating a lectro with "genuine" mid level TM performance , I will too, "Attaboy well done.
but don't you see that hundreds of feet of wire, boxes and power plant can ALL be replaced with a drive shaft and blower...that will last 20 times longer???

I say all this for YOUR good as well as any BD that would consider buying one..it's crAzY

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ruff Hewn said:

as one man to another, let me strongly suggest you let that one wither on the vine and focus your resources on your $4000-$6000 portymounts ....Make it a GREAT machine..cause that's your market

Your megawatt machine just can't compete in the mid level TM market for so many reasons .
Not the least of which is the NEED to be powered by a VAN'S engine...It's crazy John

They might pat you on the back for the accomplishment of creating a lectro with "genuine" mid level TM performance , I will too, "Attaboy well done.
but don't you see that hundreds of feet of wire, boxes and power plant can ALL be replaced with a drive shaft and blower...that will last 20 times longer???

I say all this for YOUR good as well as any BD that would consider buying one..it's crAzY

..L.T.A.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Got to see that rig first hand and I was totally amazed by it.

I like to think of it as a drive by wire PTO.

It's high voltage baby! 8)

Name
John LaBarbera
Ruff Hewn said:

..L.T.A.

Larry, you have no vision. Sorry, I take no pleasure in what I say. However, that is exactly what they told the guy who made the first TM. It's a start, a work in progress, we'll see where it takes us. Stick to your woodworking, that's what you're good at.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
This rig at MikeFest was very impressive. John has broken serious ground here with this new machine. 16 1/2"hg and 300 cfm! With 100 ft of hose it was pulling strong. Pump out, 1000psi solution and dual heat exchangers.

x2

Rock on! 8)

ACDC-High-Voltage.jpg

album-powerage.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was mentioning this to a friend and thinking on the fly, it means carrying a few gallons of water, but what if you had a 50gal hotwater tank preheated by truck coolant as you drive to the job. Would allow the HX to give better heat during the job.

Bob Foster

Nice work John!

I see a bright future for ETMs. With advances in vac motors and power management things will do nothing but improve. The most challenging thing is creating the extraction heat electrically because those elements suck more wattage than vac motors.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Some how I think this will be accomplished by using tools that have carpet rinse delivery interfaces that rinse more efficiently with less water than traditional jets. Using less GPM of water means water could be heated more efficiently. Maybe this tool requires a higher psi with a broader broadcast to the fiber or would it require a different style of pass than a typical wand stroke.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: I can visualize a drum that has bars on it like a beater bar on a vacuum cleaner but the beater bar has holes in it that deliver rinse. So its a rinse drum that agitates and extracts rather than like a rotate tool agitates and extracts.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Go one step farther and boost the heat down the shaft of the tool using the same power source that rotates the drum head on the tool.

Ultimately the supply of electricity should come from the home. But if you are going to develop a DC to inverter AC delivery why not preheat the water with coolant exchangers and then boost the preheated exchanger water with additional AC heating elements to bring it up to temperatures in the 200 degree range?

Looking at the electrical stuff of Mytees in the picture it seems to me that John needs to develop a heavy gauge umbilical cord from the house to the van so that one cord comes out of the van to the front door and then the feeder 110s go to the appropriate outlet. They should have a visual indicator at the wall socket end or a toned indicator telling the operator that they have hit the three or four compatible circuits needed for correct amperage requirements.

Go ahead and poke holes in some of my ideas but its ideas like these that better ideas come from.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Looking at the electrical stuff of Mytees in the picture it seems to me that John needs to develop a heavy gauge umbilical cord from the house to the van so that one cord comes out of the van to the front door and then the feeder 110s go to the appropriate outlet. They should have a visual indicator at the wall socket end or a toned indicator telling the operator that they have hit the three or four compatible circuits needed for correct amperage requirements.

Go ahead and poke holes in some of my ideas but its ideas like these that better ideas come from.

actually, that's a better idea than Johns 11,000wt inverter .
yea, the cord/cable will be heavy, LONG and expensive .
But as long as John needs a GAS van running to power ELECTRIC vac motors , it's not visionary , it's backwards :roll:

..L.T.A.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
If the power is there, then why not a insta heat hot water heater like you have in your house. They are the size of a shoe box and can dial up any temp you want.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ruff Hewn said:
But as long as John needs a GAS van to run ELECTRIC vac motors , it's not visionary , it's backwards :roll:

..L.T.A.

The whole point is your van CAN run electric vac motors. As often as possible you would run them electrically. The cool factor cannot be be ignored with this system. A simple little electric box in the van eliminates a big loud hot stinky generator just as a direct drive shaft eliminates large lawn mower engines in a normal TM. This is not your grandfather's Bane machine. It's nice to ponder.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Ruff Hewn":3up1bhxc]
But as long as John needs a GAS van to run ELECTRIC vac motors , it's not visionary , it's backwards :roll:

..L.T.A.

The whole point is your van CAN run electric vac motors. As often as possible you would run them electrically. The cool factor cannot be be ignored with this system. A simple little electric box in the van eliminates a big loud hot stinky generator just as a direct drive shaft eliminates large lawn mower engines in a normal TM. This is not your grandfather's Bane machine. It's nice to ponder.[/quote:3up1bhxc]

Art, maybe one of us isn't getting it ...the megawatt machine isn't set up to run any other way ...you HAVE to power the machine with the VAN ENGINE as I understand it.
It heats the water and supplies the power to electric vac motors

as you rightly pointed out, we already have that in the market..it;s called a direct drive TM and uses a drive shaft and blower that has a phenomenally longer life span than electric vac motors running 6-8 hours a day

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe we had to be there because while it does look like an engineering marvel I too am lost with the van powered electric TM.

It goes back to those that run a generator to run an electric TM, except the van becomes the generator. :?: The stand alone ETM would in my mind also have much more promise that as Larry mentioned the "Transformer TM". (transformer shiteatinggrin )

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the time that Prochem built that Jet driven TM many years back. It was damn cool.....well actually it was damn hot but I don't see the real reason for the time and energy to do it.

That Transit is cool and even if it were outfitted with the corded ETM it would be a nice setup.

Congrats either way John, it is a nice setup!

P.S.
Yes I have often been accused of lacking vision too.

I'm not a visionary, it doesn't bother me. In fact I do usually sit back and let the dust settle before I make a serious moves.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The big cord doesn't really work in practice. I have cords on reels the come in easily when you bring in other stuff. No extra trips. what happens is the one cord goes into the garage (10ft) and the other in the kitcken. (40 or more ft)

Bobs powerhead would weigh a ton. As most wands are trying to get lighter. Too many operators are beat up by using equipment daily for years.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jay Hawk said:
the "Transformer TM". (transformer shiteatinggrin )

you have say/think it in that deep lectrovoice ..."transformer"

1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCtVq5iIa01]

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom