Mytee Electric Truck Mount

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
but how much fuel would a van engine need to go through to operate that gen vs driving a blower and pump?
does it need to be revved out to 2000rpm?

Maybe John is just ahead of the game. All we need now is a stand alone power source capable of ?KW's or a better renewable fuel.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not sure but an additional $5,000.00 for the set up could buy quite a bit of fuel.

I thought the beauty of the ETM is that you're using the home or business owners electricity. Once you start needing the van to operate the unit, I think it sort of throws you back into the pack of others.

If you're saying it will clean as well as a small gas powered TM but much more efficently maybe I can see it. I don't know, if it were me I think I'd just use the corded with the much lower entry price.

IMG_0050.jpg

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah I think you are right.

But maybe this Idea could evolve into something worth while in the future.

Maybe lower the amp draw to less than 30 so you could plug into a dryer outlet (while using propane to heat) or run the engine if no dryer outlet is available .

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe I should stay out of this, if John is on to something I don't want to be knocking something that you guys see as promising.

John is a good guy, Mytee is a good company I am just thrown buy the gas to electric thing.

F

FB7777

Ron Werner said:
but how much fuel would a van engine need to go through to operate that gen vs driving a blower and pump?
does it need to be revved out to 2000rpm?

Maybe John is just ahead of the game. All we need now is a stand alone power source capable of ?KW's or a better renewable fuel.

I can run my Butlers at idle speed in the driveway, which is the lowest amount of fuel consumption.

I imagine the performance would be similar to John's ETM

I don't want to pile on here, but I totally see what Larry is saying. An ETM that runs off the van motor is simply an under powered PTO

The only practical advantage I can see here is if you wish to have the option of truckmount that can be operated completely off customer electricity AND/OR running off the van motor when its not feasible to use customers power

But in my opinion, thats what portable machines are for

Name
John LaBarbera
Guys I don't know all the answers im just try to see what works.

Pros:

Low entry price. $10,999.
16.5 hg
300 cfm
1000 psi General pump
Very low maintenance cost
Low parts cost.
Quieter than most TM.
Not marry to the van like a pto.
Aux electric power when needed
Remove gen when replacing van or sell with van for up charge
No long lease payments
No power cords to plug in fast set up time
Makes it own hot water no propane needed.
70 gpm pump out

Cons

Generator is $5000.00. However it in the initial price of $11000.00
Uses fuel. Truck run at 1500 rpm
Not as powerful as a Vortex however powerful enough to do the job.
Limited to about 200' without a booster
I may have missed something.

Lastly I would say this. This is not a portable. I think of it as a hybrid electric TM.

I agree with Richard it not easy to get the mind around it but I see it as a way to clean carpets fast and economical. Let the machine work for you instead of working for the machine. It's a far cry from a $30,000.00 unit.

Name
John LaBarbera
Lyman said:
Why not just put it in a hummer for 6 grand and get 4 wheel drive.[/quote

Great idea. And for an additional $100,000.00 you add a machine gun and have zero competition.

Matt Limbach

Here's an example, look at a locomotive, they use DIESEL engines to generate electricity to power ELECTRIC motors in which to drive a TRAIN!
So in theory, John just may be onto something. The gas engine to drive potentially even more than one generator,perhaps. You COULD actually create An electric MonsterMount. 600+? CFM.
You would not be limited by how much power could be transfered by the clutch of a PTO before it starts to slip and burn out the clutch.

Also Consider, Say, Ford Transit Connect $20,000 + Johns LectroMount $11,000 = $31,000
Butler PTO = What? $55-$60,000
Also the fact that the ETM would also be easier to work onthan most truckmounts. Also the thought of a Van powered truckmount that could be swapped to a new van relatively easy, sounds pretty cool too.

Plus the fact that, there is the potential of plugging in on some jobs if you wanted to. With a regular truckmount you will not have that option EVER.

Just my thoughts..

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Matt Limbach said:
Plus the fact that, there is the potential of plugging in on some jobs if you wanted to. With a regular truckmount you will not have that option EVER.

I think it would be possible to attach some electric vac motors to the lid of your TM waste tank and with a water hog could function as an ETM either as an emergency backup or just for light cleaning.

Matt Limbach

Art Kelley said:
[quote="Matt Limbach":1wc3thqr]

I think it would be possible to attach some electric vac motors to the lid of your TM waste tank and with a water hog could function as an ETM either as an emergency backup or just for light cleaning.[/quote:1wc3thqr]

Possible? Yes, but not likely.
I have plenty of opportunities, that I would actually go ahead and plug in if I owned the Mytee ETM.

Just One Example , I Clean a car dealership showroom, about 4,000 sq ft, about 4hr job, would save probably $20 fuel expense, yet not at the expense of time spent on the job, because the ETM is as powerful as most truckmounts.

$20 is not a lot, but why not spend that saved $20 on dinner that day, instead of fuel, Right?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I stood across the lot looking at this thing and my first thought was there was no way that thing had enough power to do anything....

John fired it up and I was pretty impressed with the vacuum that it was producing....It was quite the pull to get my hand free from it...

From an electrical pont of view..it was pretty cool.....not only was he running the machine...but all the rotaries that were running off of it...so the set up can produce the juice....

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Love my Nissan-powered 405s.

There's something about just starting it and never having a hiccup until you are done, 8 minutes or 8 hours later.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Lee Stockwell said:
Love my Nissan-powered 405s.

There's something about just starting it and never having a hiccup until you are done, 8 minutes or 8 hours later.

Same with my Pro1200. Just drones on hour after hour, month after month, year after year same pitch, always starts. I was working on my taxes today and saw I spent $12000 on gas and $8500 of that was operating the machine. To make $100K. That's why this ETM talk resonates so well. But only if you are using custys electricity which is much cheaper than a generator.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":1nkcpb6k]Love my Nissan-powered 405s.

Same with my Pro1200. Just drones on hour after hour, month after month, year after year same pitch, always starts. I was working on my taxes today and saw I spent $12000 on gas and $8500 of that was operating the machine. To make $100K. That's why this ETM talk resonates so well. But only if you are using custys electricity which is much cheaper than a generator.[/quote:1nkcpb6k]

:shock: I don't know what you pay for gas but that has to be 1200 hours or so. 100K net or gross? I love my 1200. I just need another danm engine :x .

Name
John LaBarbera
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":sba0jrsi]Love my Nissan-powered 405s.

Same with my Pro1200. Just drones on hour after hour, month after month, year after year same pitch, always starts. I was working on my taxes today and saw I spent $12000 on gas and $8500 of that was operating the machine. To make $100K. That's why this ETM talk resonates so well. But only if you are using custys electricity which is much cheaper than a generator.[/quote:sba0jrsi]

How do you determine how much is spent on gas for the TM? How much is spent for repairs or maintenance?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
ACE said:
[ :shock: I don't know what you pay for gas but that has to be 1200 hours or so. 100K net or gross? I love my 1200. I just need another danm engine :x .

I wish that was net.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
John LaBarbera said:
[How do you determine how much is spent on gas for the TM? How much is spent for repairs or maintenance?

Fuel economy is easy to figure on my Express/Pro1200: 10 mpg on the van and 2 gal/hr on the machine. I spent $3200 for repairs and maintenance last year which is about average for me now that my van is 9 y/o. At 100K the engine and trans are still original and fine but virtually everything else under the hood has been replaced. My local Goodyear dealer does all the repairs. They LOVE that van.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Another side benefit to consider is that in a power outage, you have a nice big backup generator to plug your house into.

Is there an easy way to make it draw just a few less amps so you could plug into a dryer outlet on jobs? Then it would be very easy to find power and a huge advantage would be realized with this machine if the engine COULD be shut off sometimes. It would be very flexible. And maybe ad a small fresh tank that is heated while driving to the job.

Name
John LaBarbera
SRI Cleaning said:
Another side benefit to consider is that in a power outage, you have a nice big backup generator to plug your house into.

Is there an easy way to make it draw just a few less amps so you could plug into a dryer outlet on jobs? Then it would be very easy to find power and a huge advantage would be realized with this machine if the engine COULD be shut off sometimes. It would be very flexible. And maybe ad a small fresh tank that is heated while driving to the job.

We're working on it, great ideas from some of you guys. We're making a video of the machine we took to Mikeyfest, will post tomorrow or Monday.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Is the generator capable of running a 2 cord porty as well? Or is the pump and heat exchanger capable of running 2 AW29 type wands with proper jetting? I'm thinking you could do a shorter run with the porty and further with the base unit as well as have a portable when needed.Just thinking out loud......

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
From my phone conversation with John yesterday;

Mytee is working on some promising ideas for HX heating the water.

I think the Mytee ETM can deliver the hot water, with two cord operation
(or single cord 230 VAC).

An efficient 40# booster inside the house would equal #3 blower TM performance.

NO power generator required.

Larry

Timothy

Larry Cobb said:
From my phone conversation with John yesterday;

Mytee is working on some promising ideas for HX heating the water.

I think the Mytee ETM can deliver the hot water, with two cord operation
(or single cord 230 VAC).

An efficient 40# booster inside the house would equal #3 blower TM performance.

NO power generator required.

Larry
Is the pump on this beast able to do over 140 degrees or is heat in front of pump?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

The General pumps we use in our TMs are good to 160° F.

I know John has access to the same plunger Teflon seals.

HX's can be before or after the water pump.

"How fast do you want to go ?"

Larry

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Willy P said:
Is the generator capable of running a 2 cord porty as well? Or is the pump and heat exchanger capable of running 2 AW29 type wands with proper jetting? I'm thinking you could do a shorter run with the porty and further with the base unit as well as have a portable when needed.Just thinking out loud......

:roll: WTF. It already is powering a porty :lol: :lol: .

The performance claims of that portymount are optimistic at best and do not take into real world working conditions.
Just like Cross American :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name
John LaBarbera
ACE said:
Willy P said:

:roll: WTF. It already is powering a porty :lol: :lol: .

The performance claims of that portymount are optimistic at best and do not take into real world working conditions.
Just like Cross American :lol: :lol: :lol:

What real world conditions are you talking about?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom