Mytee Electric Truck Mount

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
John LaBarbera said:
What real world conditions are you talking about?

16 1/2"hg With any air movment at all

300 cfm! With any kind of lift

1000psi with anything more that 4 flow.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
ACE said:
16 1/2"hg With any air movment at all

300 cfm! With any kind of lift

1000psi with anything more that 4 flow.
The General pump system will exceed 1000 PSI with a #4 flow.

The vacuum numbers will drop under actual working conditions,

but so does a #3 PD blower.

It will take some detailed testing to determine the actual vac comparison numbers.

Larry

dday

is it too much to ask for an ETM that pulls like a 47 blower?

I could do without heat, and I'd be happy with 500 PSI. But I do not like sopping wet carpet and I do not want to do twenty-seven dry strokes for every wet pass.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Real world numbers of electric vac motors are still a far cry from a PD blower. I worked with powerful vac motors for a few years and was happy with the results but more because of the screaming heat I had at the time. You have to keep waste filters clean, run glided wands and be really careful when cleaning basements. If you can plug into the customers power, then great, you will see some running cost savings but due to lower productivity you WILL net less money at the end of the day. If you are starting off on a budget then it is not a bad way to go, but if your business grows healthy then you will outgrow it.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I gotta say for 11 grand you may as well get a slide in. I have ran alot of portables and I notice that electric driven pumps and motors are no where near as durable as a truckmount. I just cant see this unit standing up to a 8- 10 job a day beat down for a whole summer. I just see a porty mounted in a van. Also it may work great being demoed at a trade show but how will it perform after a year of hardcore usage. I notice that portables tend to backslide on performance as time goes on. I have also did the whole porty mount thing with a recoil and a diesal heater and the set up and tear down time and productivity especialy when I had to use the booster was re diculous. I would just use a porty and a 175 before I tossed my money at an etm.

Name
John LaBarbera
juniorc82 said:
I gotta say for 11 grand you may as well get a slide in. I have ran alot of portables and I notice that electric driven pumps and motors are no where near as durable as a truckmount. I just cant see this unit standing up to a 8- 10 job a day beat down for a whole summer. I just see a porty mounted in a van. Also it may work great being demoed at a trade show but how will it perform after a year of hardcore usage. I notice that portables tend to backslide on performance as time goes on. I have also did the whole porty mount thing with a recoil and a diesal heater and the set up and tear down time and productivity especialy when I had to use the booster was re diculous. I would just use a porty and a 175 before I tossed my money at an etm.

I appreciate your comments. However, the solution pump is a truck mount type pump. (General tri-plex) The vac motors can provide years of service before they need to be replaced, and they are economical when you do. It's is very simple so that most can replace them, themselves. No maintenance of the blower or belts to break. Just keep the unit clean. These vac motor will have more than enough power to clean the carpets fast. (16.5 hg/325 cfm) The ETM can run off the truck or can be plugged into the customers power. We are working on an ambulance type cart to transport the Escape ETM inside if desired. Also we are working on an optional 80 gallon water tank that will heat as you drive to the next job.

Granted, this product is not for everybody, but it does address many of the concerns of some PCC's. Especially in fuel savings and noise/air polution. Also, I feel that maintenance and repair cost will be a fraction of a conventional TM. I think the big obstacle that some are concerned with is the cost of the optional generator, but one can get that down the road if they deem it as a value.

Stay tuned in, more to come.

Name
John LaBarbera
Marty said:
So, if you don't want that stupid thingy and just want to run off of the customers electricity, then how much for the system?

First of all, it's not a stupid thingy! It's a generator.

Escape Plus ETM $4,500.00
Quad Vac, 1000 psi 70 gpm pump-out

Escape ETM $3,599.00
Dual Vac, 500 PSI 70 gpm pump-out

C

cucu

dont worry John..McMarty will never buy a etm...filling the electric tank will be to much effort

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
John Labarbera said:
I think the big obstacle that some are concerned with is the cost of the optional generator, but one can get that down the road if they deem it as a value.
The big obstacle is that it does not have a huge PD blower. All carpet cleaners know that it takes at least a #45 blower, and preferably a #59, to do a good job.

Carpet cleaners also know that you can never have enough vacuum for those long hose runs over 150' that they do every day.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Bob Savage said:
[quote="John Labarbera":28ekomuc]I think the big obstacle that some are concerned with is the cost of the optional generator, but one can get that down the road if they deem it as a value.
The big obstacle is that it does not have a huge PD blower. All carpet cleaners know that it takes at least a #45 blower, and preferably a #59, to do a good job.

Carpet cleaners also know that you can never have enough vacuum for those long hose runs over 150' that they do every day.[/quote:28ekomuc]

Bob your sarcasm is showing..lol

Bob Foster

They have lots of sucky sucky for your regular 100-150' jobs which covers 95% of the work for most cleaners. For the rest you occasionally have to pull out a booster. They have all the squirt power you need.

The big question for me still remains how will they generate adequate heat the most convenient/economical way without running the van engine. I figure they have got most of the rest figured out.

Name
John LaBarbera
dgargan said:
Propane heat seems like the best for the unit .

Propane is a good source of heat, and seems to be trouble free for the owner/operator. But what are you guys thoughts about have a tech operate it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I use propane with my electric and it works great and is very safe. They have a thermal connection so they only put out propane while the flame is lit. Jusk keep combustables away from the unit. That is the couse of most propane fires. Not the unit them selves. You can't stop stupid!!

Name
I'm Rick James
Keep up the good work John.. This is a machine that will have its place in this industry.

Name
John LaBarbera
Royal Man said:
I use propane with my electric and it works great and is very safe. They have a thermal connection so they only put out propane while the flame is lit. Jusk keep combustables away from the unit. That is the couse of most propane fires. Not the unit them selves. You can't stop stupid!!

I agree they are reasonable safe, but would send your tech out, without you, to do a job with the propane?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You bet. I built a metal box to go around the heater on three sides so that it keeps any contents in the van from being placed or shifted too close to the heater.
I also have the heater on a raised pedestal so if there is a propane leak it flows out the door since propane is heavier than air.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't read the entire thread.

Is there a way to generate enough electricity from the vehicle motor...Kinda like PTO (leave the engine running) to run the unit?

I think I may have asked this before.

Anyone?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brian R said:
I didn't read the entire thread.

Is there a way to generate enough electricity from the vehicle motor...Kinda like PTO (leave the engine running) to run the unit?

I think I may have asked this before.

Anyone?
:roll:
Um , review the thread?
(Hint - The answer is in there.......)

Name
Jesse
John LaBarbera said:
I agree they are reasonable safe, but would send your tech out, without you, to do a job with the propane?

Everyday. On our pto tm's we run a little giant as an additional heat source after the coolant exchangers. If I mistakenly hired someone who I couldn't trust to operate the heater or who wasn't capable then I'd be a fool to give them keys to a 5 ton van.

dgargan

Little Giant heater are fool proof. I have been sending tech's out with them for several years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom