Mytee John, what the heck were you thinking?

Mikey P

Administrator
A while back you sent me a two jet 14" Bentley to test.

After I used it for twenty feet I called you and told you to ditch the 2 jet design.
It was worthless. Jets were so far back that tipping to wand back to clean under furniture or reaching way out put the lets into the pile, weak and uneven impact were also major issues.

Seeing it for sale at Cobbs as a bit of a shock. :eekk:(who also agreed it was worthless)

I would have thought for sure you would have listened to my excellent advice..

Ill say it again, the Bentley will be a kick ass wand the day you toss those current cast heads in the trash and mount the jets like the way Prochem does on their low profile wands do the wand will never gain in popularity.

All the attempts to get the jets in the correct spot have failed so far IMO..
The shape of the head, the light weight and the low cost could make the Bentley the best selling wand around...

But you're going to have to take a loss on those heads buddy.

and Ill say it one more time...

I am available for beta testing for a very reasonable fee.

FREE.

and that FREE would have saved you umpteen thousands with just that wand alone...

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Improve it and my Interests will rekindle.

PIMP IT OUT !!!! Some MB Special Edition HooRah

Stuck in Porty Wand Hell!
Chris

Reactions: bob vawter

hogjowl

Idiot™
Forgive him, Mikey. Like many of us, he has probably simply evolved into a situation where he ignores you.

Even when you have something meaningful to contribute.

Mikey P

Administrator
Like many of you, John will learn that ignoring me will cost you a sh*t load of hard earned money.

And we both know you read every syllable that I mumble..

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I have the wand , i used it in one job. Mikey is 100000% right. It has been sitting in my shed for over a year. I had to reclean the job i used it on due to streaking. It need 3 jets

Name
John LaBarbera
A while back you sent me a two jet 14" Bentley to test.

After I used it for twenty feet I called you and told you to ditch the 2 jet design.
It was worthless. Jets were so far back that tipping to wand back to clean under furniture or reaching way out put the lets into the pile, weak and uneven impact were also major issues.

Seeing it for sale at Cobbs as a bit of a shock. :eekk:(who also agreed it was worthless)

I would have thought for sure you would have listened to my excellent advice..

Ill say it again, the Bentley will be a kick ass wand the day you toss those current cast heads in the trash and mount the jets like the way Prochem does on their low profile wands do the wand will never gain in popularity.

All the attempts to get the jets in the correct spot have failed so far IMO..
The shape of the head, the light weight and the low cost could make the Bentley the best selling wand around...

But you're going to have to take a loss on those heads buddy.

and Ill say it one more time...

I am available for beta testing for a very reasonable fee.

FREE.

and that FREE would have saved you umpteen thousands with just that wand alone...

Mytee is only making a dual jet 12" Bentley at the present time. I don't know what Larry is selling. Why don't you ask him?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Have to agree the Bentley wand heads sucks. I think the jets are too close to the carpet. With a gun grip forget about it. Definitely not designed by an actual carpet cleaner. Carbon fiber alone doesn't make a good wand.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm pretty sure it was a14"I saw but to be honest even the 12"would suck with that jet placement...

so far yet so close.....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
This is the one I tried and found the jets ere almost on the ground causing streaks:
1319597498.jpg
1319597433.jpg
<----And the hose fitting was only 1/4" above the ground

FredC

Village Idiot
those pics are way too f'n big Dave

...and I told you so

edit: the above didn't reflect my true feelings about that wand and I believe that would being a disservice to members here.

The Bentley wand is an absolute POS. Anybody that tells you otherwise is selling them, lying to themselves to justify the purchase, or just a blind hack.....imho

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I dont know anything about the 2 jet but i like the 4 jet. The head is a problem yes but only because of the paint chipping. Its very light, 14'' saves time, excellent dry times and the swivel is great for under and around things. I would miss it if i switched. I dont understand why more people dont like the swivel.

In Yoakums pic i think hes just too short for that wand length. It does that a little when my wife uses it, no problem for me. I like the better manifold and the glide in the pic too. I can reach down with one hand and adjust the jet angle. A cleaner wants the jets as close to the pile as possible.

So only drawbacks are non stainless head and you cant run glideless for half the price of a ti.

I dont particularly like or dislike mytee but Fred should put emotion and ego aside and try a 4 jet with the new manifold for at least 2 weeks before blasting it anymore.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

FredC

Village Idiot
The new manifold did not allow any more height than mods I had made to the brass collection to increase jet height (thin wall 90s on the inside). It is not an improvement as jet placement is basically the same...it is just a slightly prettier version of the manifold that already existed..........

There are much better wands on the market at the Bentley price point...I should know cause I bought two of them in the year it took Mytee to poorly weld some stainless tube togetherI

also know several people with the new manifold that hold the same opinion I do although you are not likely to see them express it here (maybe one day Lee will have them all)

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
The new manifold did not allow any more height than mods I had made to the brass collection to increase jet height (thin wall 90s on the inside). It is not an improvement as jet placement is basically the same...it is just a slightly prettier version of the manifold that already existed..........

There are much better wands on the market at the Bentley price point...I should know cause I bought two of them in the year it took Mytee to poorly weld some stainless tube togetherI

also know several people with the new manifold that hold the same opinion I do although you are not likely to see them express it here (maybe one day Lee will have them all)

Yep , keep mouth shut, fix them, look for next one.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I dont have a problem with the jets. Very even coverage.

I would love to try a ti wand but cant bring myself to spend 1400 or whatever they are.

Im open to ideas. What wand do you or anyone here like better? I would like a nicer looking wand that i could also go glideless on for some situations like deep pile friezes etc.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I dont have a problem with the jets. Very even coverage.

I would love to try a ti wand but cant bring myself to spend 1400 or whatever they are.

Im open to ideas. What wand do you or anyone here like better? I would like a nicer looking wand that i could also go glideless on for some situations like deep pile friezes etc.

AW29 @350psi and below with 06 jetting

The Bentree is actually a good cleaning wand at low pressure ('bout 300 psi tops )
anymore than that and troubles start to manifest

..l.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
In John's defense, he is hardly the only one to put out a wand far before its ready(or even needed...
That US Products pos.
The Stryker..
All those stupid fore and aft designs
The Powerflight Vibro thing
Countless Ken Harris shitty glide designs
the Hydrahoe:hopeless:
The Zipper..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The 14" Bentley Mikey looked at was a recent 2-Jet version (we also have a 14" 4-jet model )

John has said that all new Bentleys will be 4-Jet.

I also remember that the 13.5 Titanium wand was flawed when it came out (needed a glide).

I do think jet manifolds are the most difficult item,

for manufacturers to get exactly correct.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: John LaBarbera

Mikey P

Administrator
The Ti streaked too.
Pro hems fix was to go from 4 to 6 jets and pull them back away from the carpet. That worked but when Glides came out they should have went back to the four jet design. More impact and less clogging and cost

hogjowl

Idiot™
Pardon me for not understanding, but is John saying that the problem lies with Larry? Is Larry taking John's wands and changing them for the worse, or was John simply deflecting the conversation away from him?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
This is the 4-Jet setup that we modify on the Bentley.

Jets can go even higher if you want:

Bentley-Side.jpg

The cast metal head outflows the CMP 14" (aka Greenhorn) wand easily.

I've asked Michael Lockhart to bring in one of his PC Titanium, for a side-by-side test.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

FredC

Village Idiot
LOL. Why aren't you using the "new" manifolds?

Edit: and what does this mean in the real world: "outflows the CMP 14" (aka Greenhorn) wand easily"

cause I didn't notice any improvement in dry times even when compared with a 12" AMF ebay wand

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
This is the 4-Jet setup that we modify on the Bentley.

Jets can go even higher if you want:

Bentley-Side.jpg

The cast metal head outflows the CMP 14" (aka Greenhorn) wand easily.

I've asked Michael Lockhart to bring in one of his PC Titanium, for a side-by-side test.

Larry
I would like to see the other end of this photo to see how high the wand handle is lifted to get the jets that high off the ground.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom