Mytee M5 Auction.. GFTA

Brett

I've got three portables now, but would have been tempted if I'd known about that free booster. That was cool John.

Greenie

Congrats Ernie!

and yes, that booster would have stirred the pot for twice as many Bidders.

I saw Ernie's comment about the Auction should have ended with his (9pm) post, that makes me ask, what time zone are these post in? I thought it was Pacific Standard, or Pacific Daylight as that is where Mikey's is, but this quote makes me wonder:

"Auction ends Sunday the14th 8PM PST"

So if the threads are Pacific, why was there still post date time stamped after 8pm pst?

Maybe it's time for Mark and Andrechelle to add a PST to the date format?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Matt Murdock said:
Junior then how come I can't practically give away my vac booster for $500 only used a few times. I haven't even taken the tape off the wheels or put the handle on?
The reason you cant sell an accesory has nothing to do with the quality of a machine . Please tell me some facts that make the m5 better than the recoil. Besides you might want to keep your booster because the recoil already has one built in the m5 does not.

Greenie

Junior, you are not serious are you?

You got a recoil, cool, call it good, but don't blow smoke, for surely I know better than to compare a tank to a toy.

And I'm not Mytee, so it's no skin if you don't pick one up, but I know a quality designed and built piece of gear when i see one.

Besides, I don't see a recoil up on the monthly auction, surely Ed could donate one to his loyal customers to bid on here?
and throw in a free booster?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The reason you cant sell an accesory has nothing to do with the quality of a machine .

I missed this nugget.
If I had an Odin Booster or the $699 for $400 less than its original price with only a few hours on it, I bet these guys would be lining up to buy.

It does come down to the quality of the machine. It is like a car the really good ones hold value and the throw togethers do not.

I understand some guys seem to like the recoil so I tried to sell it on that bb to no avail people wanted the other equipment I was offering though

Name
John LaBarbera
juniorc82 said:
Matt Murdock said:
Junior then how come I can't practically give away my vac booster for $500 only used a few times. I haven't even taken the tape off the wheels or put the handle on?
The reason you cant sell an accesory has nothing to do with the quality of a machine . Please tell me some facts that make the m5 better than the recoil. Besides you might want to keep your booster because the recoil already has one built in the m5 does not.

Hi JR,

In reality that third 2 stage vac does not qualify as a booster. Any vac motor company will tell you that. If that was the case then these 3 vac and 4 vac systems would be setting the world on fire. Any benefit of the 3rd motor in cfm is lost at the length of the hose, that's why the booster needs to be closer to the wand not in the base unit. I'm sure Ed knows that, but if it was admitted it would show up his machine as a conglomerations of second thoughts, dated designs and amateurish manufacturing procedures. Not intending to sound harsh, sorry if it comes across that way. Just trying to answer the question.

The big difference in the Mytee is; 1) 148" H2O
2) 230 CFM
3) 500 PSI 1.6 GPM
4) All on 2-15 amp circuits
5) 12" Ball Bearing urethane wheels, expensive and made to last
6) Auto fill/Pump out
7) 2" Cool Cuffs Standard
8) $2505.00
9) Life time warranty on Housing 2 years parts
10) Sales and Service from a Nationwide Network of Reputable Distributors.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have to agree with John, and Greenie.

To compare the Recoil to the Mytee M5 is........ (you fill in the blank)

Mikey P

Administrator
There is not one (ONE) single part on a reSoil that is better than a M5.

Not one misaligned galvanized bolt., now one crooked wobbly wheel, not one Styrofoam shut off "valve", not one section 8 light dimmer switch.

nada.

When I owned my Resoil I was embarrassed to bring it in the home if the man of the house was about.

klndry

12 pm PST is 4 am for me. I live in AST time (4 hours) I ain't staying up until 4 am. Midnight my time I can handle. I am sure that some of the people on the blog are on EST.

Gotta work ya know.

Ernie G

Kevin, I see your point, but the deadline was 8:00 my time, so thats 11:00 your time, what i'm I missing here.

Todd Anthony

Plus the recoil is way over priced at 3200 bucks , it would cost another 650 to add auto fill auto dump and 3 cords to run it .

the beat goes on .....

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Ernie, that booster impresses me every time I use it.

If a Recoil owner actually ever saw one and used one, they would be so embarrassed.

G

Matt Murdock said:

Thats Because the newer booster 3 times more Powerful for only a few more bones; And if you haven't tried the New Next Generation Recoil XPS; Well my Beloved XPS(only a Year old) is nowhere near as Powerful as the Newer Model.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have the exact same powerball booster on their website. I don't have an old outdated one

And the one on the website would be cost about 40% more

Name
John LaBarbera
rjfdube said:
Matt Murdock said:

Thats Because the newer booster 3 times more Powerful for only a few more bones; And if you haven't tried the New Next Generation Recoil XPS; Well my Beloved XPS(only a Year old) is nowhere near as Powerful as the Newer Model.

Hi Ricky,

What does that mean, "three times more powerful"? Please be specific if you can because on the surface that statement doesn't make sense. Thanks.

We at Mytee are working on a special introductory offer for an M5 with a booster ordered through your dist. I'll post details as soon as I get the program done.

Mr.V

all I can say is look at the guts of a Recoil :oops:

then look at the guts of an M5 :D

the Recoil might work o.k. but the craftsmamship is kinda chinsey IMO

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
John LaBarbera said:
rjfdube said:
[quote="Matt Murdock":zpzwr91m]Junior then how come I can't practically give away my vac booster for $500 only used a few times. I haven't even taken the tape off the wheels or put the handle on?

Hi Ricky,

What does that mean, "three times more powerful"? Please be specific if you can because on the surface that statement doesn't make sense. Thanks.

We at Mytee are working on a special introductory offer for an M5 with a booster ordered through your dist. I'll post details as soon as I get the program done.[/quote:zpzwr91m]

In order for them to make it "three times more powerful", they would either have to go to a 45 amp circuit, or admit that they weren't running anywhere near 15 amp circuit capacity on the previous equipment, because there has not been a recent breakthrough in vacuum science to allow them to get three times the vacuum with the same amount of electricity.. Even a new guy like me can call shenanigans on this one.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Hmmmmmm- First off, how many folks here shit all over the competition when they get contact with a potential customer? Not a good practice.
Are there other brands that give operators grief?
Yep - Things like internal heaters are a fast track to burning out internals. Simple fact, yet some manufaturers astill insist on using them. Too much amp draw from some, things like "perfect heat" in others...
Does a round tank generate more foam than a square one?
Yep. That's a simple fact
I see John you post that the 2 stage isn't a booster, yet in the testing that was done, it gave a boost in the CFM.
Odd.

I wonder why some see Ed V as a threat. He has been one of the most consistent suppliers I have EVER used. If I needed a part right away, he overnights it - and that's better than my locals suppliers do. BTW- most of the parts I've needed have been with industry standard pumptec crap, nothing else. He answers his own phone, gets the results needed right away.

Mikey, I always hear about the thousands of dollars you make with the mighty V. Yet you couldn't pay outright for the lunch bucket? :roll: Geez, I manage to have enough banked to pull that off- IF I wanted to. ( I think everyone knows you weren't happy with the recoil by now. The horse is nothing but a blood spot on the ground.)

Greenie- "You got a recoil, cool, call it good, but don't blow smoke, for surely I know better than to compare a tank to a toy."
Pumptec pump, Lamb vacs on both- Did I miss something?

On the other hand, that was a nice gesture to donate the machine. Kudos.

Anyway- Have a great day!

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey, I always hear about the thousands of dollars you make with the mighty V. Yet you couldn't pay outright for the lunch bucket? :roll: Geez, I manage to have enough banked to pull that off- IF I wanted to. ( I think everyone knows you weren't happy with the recoil by now. The horse is nothing but a blood spot on the ground.)

Um Willy?

Where did you read that I'm financing the Pail?

Did Ed whisper that in your ear?

Paying cash.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Willy P,

You're misquoting me. I said it doesn't qualify as a booster when it's in the base because the benefit is lost (diminished if you will) on the hose run. I even gave you an example of 3 and 4 vac units on the market, are they "boosters" too? If that isn't correct, than why does ed make a booster if he in fact has one "built in"? As the name implies a booster is a device that goes in between the base and the wand to boost the cfm that was lost for the long hose run, not in the base unit.

Maybe you can comment on Ricky's "three times more powerful" statement. Does that make any sense to you or was that just the "torpedo juice" talking?

I think the issue is more related to these hype-up comments that are made. Let's face it, Lamb vac's and a pumptec pump's are good components. But would you hook them up to a porta-potty and call it an industrial strength carpet cleaning machine?

I respect anyone's opinion and right to choose what they like. But don't try to tells us the, Emperor is wearing clothes when he's not.

And btw, a round tank doesn't create foam anymore that a square one will. It has to do with what you're sucking up and the WAY it enters the tank. Actually, a round tank done properly will create a vortex and minimize the effect of the in-coming foam.

Willy, you sound like a fair guy, consider this. This thread was an auction for a Mytee machine, nothing else. Who brought up a competitor or his product in the first place? Where did the insults begin?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John by no means did I intend to insult you, but you have to admit Ed takes a real pounding here- constantly. I stand by the fact that he's been more than fair with me. John, I lost all my gear when an airheaded mechanic caught my van on fire using a torch to loosen up a nut. I found out what a useless commodity insurance was as my loss, including van, was in the area of 24,000. Ed stepped up to the plate and gave me a great deal on a set up. It pains me to see all the trash tossed his way and I'm the type of person who makes sure that if pooping on someone who generously helped me out, well that person is going to wipe up with a gas soaked rag.
I don't agree with what you say about pumptec. Garbage and in my opinion, one of the crappiest pumps made for any form of longevity. Here's a set up I used to use. (Pardon the singeing) This was in my old Ninja, General pump, 2 two stage vacs in the unit and a "tool box" booster that sat on top or wherever you chose. I know 3 cords, but it could do OK without the vac pack. This machine ROCKED with the booster for a porty set up. (Ask Mr V, he saw and operated it)
NINJA4-1.jpg

The vac pack teed into the head of the Ninja by putting another hose barb on the opposite side of the head.

NINJA3.jpg

Now that was a booster, and it stayed within 4 feet of the base. Four 2 stage vacs. 2 in 2 sets of series to a parallel. I've fiddled with every combination of vacuum and this was the most power, hands down.

Mikey - My mistake. I thought I saw a post where you commented about having to work to pay for the new machine. I misread the post. I'm an ass and I'm dipping my testes in boiling water for an hour as penance. After that I will cut off an ear. Iodine or alcohol?

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Willy,

We had as quad vac at connections last year, 2 in series and 2 in parallel. (180" and 200 cfm) Too many amps(20 amps per cord with only 250 psi pump) made it too specialized of a machine. With our new motors we have 148" and 230 cfm at 15 amps per cord with a 500 psi pump, 1.6 gpm is just better in my opinion. If plumbed properly the Pumptec pump is very reliable and easy to rebuild. Thats why more manufacturers use them in portables then any other pump for high pressure (200 psi and above). Though the General is a good pump and a great company, an oil bath pump like that will leak oil if turn on it's side, which is what some operators do to portables, thus not practical for most of the market.

As far as Ed goes, I've talked to him once on the phone, pleasant enough of a guy.(but so was I) Outside of that, I don't know him. Yes, he does get hammered here, but why? You've been around here long enough to know that he is not the only one that has gotten nailed. I've been hammer myself. Here's where I see the difference. When I got hammered, I can't say I enjoyed it, but I reasoned that these people didn't know me so it was not a personal attack. They were telling me the flaws that were in my machines from their perspective. (they are the customers and they know what they like and what they don't like) I can either listen and respond with the improvements or get offended. I choose to improve my product and continue to do so. Am I or my products perfect? Far from it. I can always improve, but if I can get free input and advice then I'm going to take it. We have to be able to swallow our pride and listen.

I think Ed could do the same if he wanted. He's been building that machine for nearly 30 years and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some refinements in it instead of the mediocre product that it is. If he would listen he could improve his product and it would be better for it. He can do what he wants to, but the long and the short of it is this, he either improves the quality or he will always get hammered. These people on these boards work too hard for their money not to get what they are paying for. When this is shared with Ed and I'm sure it will be (right Ricky) if he listens, I just did him a big favor. If he makes the changes that he needs to, he and his products would be accepted. This cost, it's not free, but from my perspective it is worth it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom