Mytee M5 Auction.. GFTA

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Well John, I just gave you a design idea :idea: If a machine like that was built, I truly think there's a market. Amps don't scare me as bad as some people, but it could to all intents and purposes be a very strong portable. I ran those pumps for 5 years before I had any issue. A Hypro would also make a decent second choice, but for my experience, nothing worked as hard and long as the General. I replace the pumptecs every year, mostly to avoid trouble as I find they start to deteriorate. Maybe I work too much.Also, I find the pressure drop at 120 to 150 PSI is just too steep for my applications. The General would drop 50 psi when the wand was keyed.My Ninja rode straight up in the van, strapped in place and as long as the oil was checked and changed every 6 months, life was trouble free. Except the beast was heavy.
But then I like to pimp a porty out :twisted:
(20 gallon tanks, pump out, auto fill with chemical siphon please :mrgreen: )
(And a 4000 watt heater while I'm at it)

Mr.V

well I don't think your hopped up Ninja weighed any more than the M5,,,,if not less

but it did have smaller tanks and no auto fill/dump

I don't know if the M5 would stand upright in a mini van???

the wild bill Ninja did scream though,,,,,,,,,especially considering the girly wand and hose :eek:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mr.V said:
well I don't think your hopped up Ninja weighed any more than the M5,,,,if not less

but it did have smaller tanks and no auto fill/dump

I don't know if the M5 would stand upright in a mini van???

the wild bill Ninja did scream though,,,,,,,,,especially considering the girly wand and hose :eek:

KMA! It was a work in progess.

C'mon down Andy and we'll have a suck off. :shock:

With our machines. :lol:

Name
John LaBarbera
Thanks for the idea for a new porty. I'm working on a new design now that may do what you want and more.

Going back to the pumptec, if the pressure drop you may have needed a higher flow cam. Was the motor ac or the smaller dc motor? We use the ac motor, it weighs a little more and takes a little more room but that motor will last for a long time. PM motor will last for a year or so if you use it a lot. AC motor also have more power. Our units have 500 psi and 1.6 gpm flow.

On the auto fill it easy to add a dema chemical injection valve to the auto fill shut off valve. It can be made with qd's so if they malfuction it's easy to quick change to an extra one on the truck.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm going to bug my friend Chris Sacre a bit about some innovation. He's a pretty amazing engineer, with a pretty amazing team behind him. Maybe a hydrogen fueled porty :?: :lol:
I have loosely talked to him about ways to collect the heat generated by the machinery, and I can't see why he wouldn't be interested in development. Hmmmmmm.
John, I have the name of the motor on the tip of my tongue, but not in my head. Bear with, it will come to me.
Anyhow, - here's a link to his website.
http://www.sacre-davey.com/

Rawb

So I can safely presume that the Mytee M5 is the top porty in the industry? I was contemplating purchasing a 500 P.S.I model Ninja but I think I may reconsider.

A vac boost is obviously another recommended unit for a porty.

How much heavier is the M5 compared to the Ninja? (For those who have used both)

Ernie G

Hey Rob, I have'nt used alot of different brands, I'm not a big porty guy, I asked around and took a chance on the M-5, was happy with it and then bought another one. I'm sure there are other good portys out there as well.

Name
John LaBarbera
given the same components (pumps, vacs, pump-out, etc.) weight should be about the same. Remember the M5 is a 15 gal tank so it is some what larger than a Ninja. Mytee can build the same components in a Breeze Body (RL Body, see website) which has 10 gal tanks. The other option is a 1005 Speedster (12 gal tanks, no pump out) All these units have the dual 3 stage vacs (148", 230 cfm), 500 psi pump (1.6 gpm awesome pump)

Rawb

John LaBarbera said:
given the same components (pumps, vacs, pump-out, etc.) weight should be about the same. Remember the M5 is a 15 gal tank so it is some what larger than a Ninja. Mytee can build the same components in a Breeze Body (RL Body, see website) which has 10 gal tanks. The other option is a 1005 Speedster (12 gal tanks, no pump out) All these units have the dual 3 stage vacs (148", 230 cfm), 500 psi pump (1.6 gpm awesome pump)

I've perused your website and am interested in a few items. A smaller extractor is something on my list to purchase in the next month or so (Mytee Lite II or another?), a larger wand for sure since having a 12" wand isn't always useful in larger commercial applications.

Do you have any reps in Canada or would I deal with you directly?

Name
John LaBarbera
In Canada our dists. are Larry at CleanSales. Micheals, there are others but I can't think of them. I'll have Nathan respond on Monday with a list. Thanks.

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
Our Canadian Distributors include:

Cleansales
Pickering, Ontario
(905) 420-8466

Bow Valley Sanitary Supplies and Equipment
Canmore, Alberta
(403) 678-0798

ChemWest Supply
Winnipeg, Manitoba
(204) 224-1890

The Janitor Room
Surrey, British Columbia
(604) 599-0449

Michael's Equipment also carries some of our equipment there in Canada.
http://www.michaelsequipment.ca

Let me know if you need any more information.

Rawb

nrpepper said:
Our Canadian Distributors include:

Cleansales
Pickering, Ontario
(905) 420-8466

Bow Valley Sanitary Supplies and Equipment
Canmore, Alberta
(403) 678-0798

ChemWest Supply
Winnipeg, Manitoba
(204) 224-1890

The Janitor Room
Surrey, British Columbia
(604) 599-0449

Michael's Equipment also carries some of our equipment there in Canada.
http://www.michaelsequipment.ca

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call.

Greenie

Rawb,

I'll be honest, with the M5 unless you need to stretch out 100+' of hose you won't "need" a booster, but the new Mytee Booster is pretty impressive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom