Need help diagnosing a problem on my direct drive unit

Cliff Estera

Name
Cliff Estera
van? unit? problem?
I’m hearing a rattling noise. I replace the bearings which seemed to resolve the issue in past but after recently replacing my engine and transmission and bearings again. The issue seems to gotten worse

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you're willing to travel, Clean source in Columbia, sc has a good lead mechanic also. And All-Care Distributors in New Jersey has allot of knowledge as well.

I've had both great southern truck mounts and clean source work on my machines and I've spent allot of time talking to All-Care on the phone also, so I know they're well seasoned in our machines

Reactions: Cliff Estera

Cliff Estera

Name
Cliff Estera
If you're willing to travel, Clean source in Columbia, sc has a good lead mechanic also. And All-Care Distributors in New Jersey has allot of knowledge as well.

I've had both great southern truck mounts and clean source work on my machines and I've spent allot of time talking to All-Care on the phone also, so I know they're well seasoned in our machines
Great southern truckmounts is the best in atlanta.
They never answer their phones

Reactions: Mikey P

Cliff Estera

Name
Cliff Estera

Thanks

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Between this board and my good mechanic, we got thru a clutch seize and bearing replacement. A little more stress, but was my only game in town.

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
Like I said, I don’t know anything about them, but I’m not surprised to hear this because the forces leading (probably) to this for them are so widespread today. Besides the fact that it’s so hard to find competent labor theses days, it also difficult to generate an attitude of service in an environment that is increasingly not rewarding it. Right now, I have an order for two unloader valve rebuild kits that is somewhere around 45 days old. My supplier, who for years was outstanding in their service and dependability hasn’t even bothered to keep me informed on the status of my order. I’ve had to call them to stay up with where it is. As I’ve said before in other threads, I’ve had to also resort to repairing my own things because the quality of their service has gotten so bad. It’s the same folks who own and manage the place and I don’t think they’ve suddenly developed a new attitude related to service. I just think they’re burned out from dealing with carpet cleaners and low skill employees. Last time I was in there, the good ones were gone.
I’m afraid that we’re in for some difficult decades ahead where conducting business will become ever increasingly unrewarding and stressful. One good thing is it shouldn’t be too hard to stand out if you can keep motivated.

Cliff Estera

Name
Cliff Estera
Like I said, I don’t know anything about them, but I’m not surprised to hear this because the forces leading (probably) to this for them are so widespread today. Besides the fact that it’s so hard to find competent labor theses days, it also difficult to generate an attitude of service in an environment that is increasingly not rewarding it. Right now, I have an order for two unloader valve rebuild kits that is somewhere around 45 days old. My supplier, who for years was outstanding in their service and dependability hasn’t even bothered to keep me informed on the status of my order. I’ve had to call them to stay up with where it is. As I’ve said before in other threads, I’ve had to also resort to repairing my own things because the quality of their service has gotten so bad. It’s the same folks who own and manage the place and I don’t think they’ve suddenly developed a new attitude related to service. I just think they’re burned out from dealing with carpet cleaners and low skill employees. Last time I was in there, the good ones were gone.
I’m afraid that we’re in for some difficult decades ahead where conducting business will become ever increasingly unrewarding and stressful. One good thing is it shouldn’t be too hard to stand out if you can keep motivated.
You’re right

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Today is Labor Day and if they don’t answer the phone on a normal day, they’re busy turning a wrench and will call you back at the end of the day to schedule an appt. Give them another chance. They’re good guys

J

JS41035

I’m not familiar with steam genie pto. But generally speaking it can’t be that different from other units.
If you hear a rattling noise. Find the source.
I don’t intend that to sound sarcastic. Get a scope and start from the clutch. Does it rattle only when the clutch is engaged? If your bearings are going out quickly, something is not lined up. Take the belts off the blower and start the pto. Be Systematic and slow. Normally I would say take it to a dealer and focus on cleaning carpets. But if you are gonna use a unit that old, you are probably gonna have to learn to fix it.
Post some pictures and call my cell if you’d like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom