Need help with live solution hose reel

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
All 3 of my live solution reels on my Vortex are leaking. I can't find replacement o-rings or parts to rebuild. Steam Brite has the reel, but the dude I spoke with wasn't real helpful. Any help would be appreciated.

Reel2.jpg

Reel1.jpg

O-ringpart.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
can you just take it down the hard ware store and match the o-rings....??

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I was looking for a live swivel for my fresh water reel recently and ran across a web site that sold repair parts, very inexpensive. I don't remember the site just google live swivels and you'll find it. Hope this helps

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I.M.O.... these are the best swivels out there...

there like $30 bucks at windtrax and the rebuild kits are some where around $10 bucks...

3000 psi....300 degrees...Viton o-rings...

just reduce it down...and hook it up.....ran them on my Vortex and now my thermalwave....never had to rebuild one yet....

IMG_5868.jpg

IMG_5869.jpg

run them on both solution lines and fresh hose....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i carry a kit of orings that are for car a/c. i have used them on lots of different applications when they match and they out last viton for me. all my quick disconnects have them. i don't think there were any as big as what you show in the picture. i have the one Jim shows and it has never leaked yet.

gene

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Thanks for the help. If you look at the last picture in my original post, you'll see a gap by the o-ring. There is a black washer that goes there. It had deteriorated on this and one of my techs removed it. So there is an o-ring and a washer there. I'm going to go shopping locally this morning to see if I can't find one like it.

Thanks again for your help.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
so the reel you have is a reelcraft reel. Light duty commercial one according to their catalog. I searched for a few minutes and wasn't able to find out what brand of swivel they use. Most likely an import that they buy thousands of. So no brand means I wasn't able to find out where to get a repair kit.

I did look at windtrax.com and found the swivel I use on my reels. They last a fairly long time and are rebuildable. The stem looks very similar to yours except it is a little longer. Good thing they are only 20 bucks and rated for 300 degrees and 3000 psi. Search for je adams 7030 and it will come up.

And last, you should be carrying o-rings with you. I buy viton orings because they handle higher heat better. Harbor freight has an inexpensive kit that has about 20 different sizes. when you get low on a size order that size from amazon by the 10s. I actually repaired my swivel last week. Took about 5 minutes with the o-rings that were in my kit.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Thanks Richard, I appreciate the help. These o-rings seem to be fatter than normal o-rings. I think I'd be better off going with a different swivel.

Ed

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
davendana said:
Jim, what p/n's are those I looked and couldn't find them. Thanks

in my book it is page 334

the swivel is item # 7475

the rebuild kit is item number 7475K

Latest posts

Back