Need opinions, really disappointed with my comps

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is what the designers came up with.

It appears that they didn't understand the display was going to be on top of the table cover. I put the two files together.

I have two Chavez logo on top of each other, two web addresses and only part of a tag line. I saw our rep write down no list of services, and no logo on the display. Yet this is the comp.

1.) I'd like the tagline complete

2.) 1-logo on either the table cloth or the display but I'm thinking table cloth. It would leave more room for more images or the superimpossed images.

3.) Delete the list of services

4.) add an 800#???

What do you think?

HomeShowComps_zpsc76b6d4d.jpg

Name
Bruce
will the sign be that large on the table? will the sign be sitting up on the front part of the table or the back of the table? if the back of the table will there be other things sitting in front of the sign that might obstruct your .com?

Connor

Name
Connor
It's too crowded for me to give it a second glance. The pictures don't mean anything to the average homeowner, they probably don't know what's going on in either pic.

The list of services is somewhat anti climatic and not very clear. I don't think that most folks won't know what soda blasting is or why it's important. Gum removal? BioRecovery? I know what you're saying, but I've been to some classes and have been cruising CCing boards for years.

800 number? I don't think so unless it's a good vanity number that's really necessary for your advertising.

What's the dotted line on the table cloth?

Where's this thing going?

Is this more busy work from Dan so he can justify your family membership/doughnut consumption?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Damn Doc! You sure like your name an awful lot :eekk:, Look there's CHAVEZ. Oh yea, what do they do?
You a Plumber or what, lol

Chris

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bruce it's a table top that is back-lite. Here is what the old lens looks like, we are getting new double sided pullups and table cloth and lens. Later we will update our big setup.

And yes I'm trying to avoid the over use of the logo's. It was explained yet when they worked up the comp, its as if they did each piece individually and then you get what we already had. :cry:

DSCN0918_zps736d6a47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, here's my critique and my suggestion.

Looks like you're spending a lot of money to say something.

Although you're going all out with your four color display, it's a little lacking.

The old display is better than the new thing they presented to you, but you knew that.

Scratch what you've got and do this:

Lose that crappy table and table cloth.

Build a four foot counter top with back splash or get one without a back splash if you're going to use it at a show where someone is manning it and talking to customers.

Have the front of the counter under the display edge adorned with your logo on a plexiglass sign. Plexi is easy to get, but your local sign shop may have other options in stock.

Put the logo and colors in reverse on the back side of the plexiglass so you have to look through the glass to read it. This will make your logo and colors appear polished and can be back lit, if you want.

Put a banner type sign with your company name and logo over the display about eight feet in height and the width of the cabinet. Not a cardboard, but a plastic one, just like the front of the cabinet. Held up on poles, can be fastened to the back of the cabinet.

Under this logo, have your display sign connected to the poles and the be the width of the cabinet, not that awkward and crowded table top sign that you have now. You can say more, better and have good use of white space. Cos 'errbody loves 'em some white space.

Put your own color coordinated rug or carpet down in front of your booth

Have a fresh scent around your display. They sell scented beads for air conditioning systems that are good for this. Aromatherapy is a secret power.

Put your brochures and propaganda duplicated in two piles on each end of the counter. In the center, put a large horizontal jar of old fashioned peppermints. Everybody likes free candy. When they approach, they can walk to the center, get candy and if they leave right or left, there are your brochures and cards.

At least, that's how I would do it if I was your competition and I wanted to stand out and make your display seem run-of-the-mill.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chris we have a big 8ft tall setup but the bubble need updated and we could use a new 3-d Chavez sign. I plan to do that this summer and be ready for the business to business the Chamber does in the fall.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok now this is fugly but it is about 15-years ago. We don't junk it up as much now, we just use 6-photo's no industry logo's.

IMG_4153_zpsbc70640d.jpg

If time were not a concern I could mess with the big setup but right now I have two weeks left before the first one. So I have to go with the small setup since they are this far along.

They have other photo's they could use but yes I agree this whole comp sucks!!! :cry:

I've got to run. Chris you and Dave Y. need to give something I can work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Give your viewers something to touch and feel perhaps a clear table top plexiglass house 1/2 filled with water and household contents floating might be a fun conversation starter. Remember, Magnets will get used when flyers will be forgotten. I use assorted chocolate to bring in the women. The thing on the table is not as important as your reps. Put that large thing behind them. A drawing with selected details (to weed out the fluff) can be use for sequential follow up mailings to the interested. You are getting tied up in the minutia, when you should be seeing the big picture. Write down your goals for this display and work back from there.

Connor

Name
Connor
O

If time were not a concern I could mess with the big setup but right now I have two weeks left before the first one. So I have to go with the small setup since they are this far along.

Eat in a hurry, shit in a hurry.

You could make the counter display in two days if you skipped doughnuts, meetings, naps and MB.

They sell countertops and 2x4s at home depot. Sign shop can put vinyl on plexiglass while you build it. I thought you people were into construction??

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You realize a plumber gave the best advice. Thanks for nothing Porkchop!

First: Don't thank "porkchop" for nothing, cause imagine what he'd want once he actually did something.

Second: Old 'Cono' is not just a plumber. He's a philosopher and a Mikey's board certified intellectual. As time passes by he may yet raise his game to be a bleeding heart liberal.
Though that may require a lot of extra hard work on his side.

Now go back to work. Your graphic foibles keep all of us highly entertained not to mention keeping our self esteem high. :winky:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom