Need some advice on keeping the employee from leaving

Dr. Kleen

Name
Jodi Fandozzi
Started working for my father’s best friend who had a cleaning service. Then went to work for a carpet cleaning company who decided to go to the commission-based incentive over the hourly rate. That’s when I decided to go out on my own… wish I did it sooner but here I am. So hard to find reliable help that can be trusted; pretty much gave up on that front, back to one man show…

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
I went from a three van, 8 employees business to a one man show almost overnight back around 2000. Worked that way until my son came on board in 2008. I just couldn’t stand dealing with the crud I had to hire for what I could pay them. I can’t imagine how hard it is today, with all the gender confused, virtue signaling, morally deprived people in the work force.
Not to mention drug dependence.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I went from a three van, 8 employees business to a one man show almost overnight back around 2000. Worked that way until my son came on board in 2008. I just couldn’t stand dealing with the crud I had to hire for what I could pay them. I can’t imagine how hard it is today, with all the gender confused, virtue signaling, morally deprived people in the work force.
Not to mention drug dependence.
I would "test" helpers from time to time!
Sending them to trusted customers or a friend that would offer cash for an extra room or two.....
My "fishing " never" caught one!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That’s the very reason I never expanded into residential. It’s always been an accommodation to my commercial biz. I could always take care of it myself and never turn it down but hated it. It’s much easier managing on the commercial side and not being nearly as nervous sending a donk in a bunch of houses in a day. It’s like having more kids, comes with more risks.

Reactions: Dr. Kleen

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Be happy there isn't a good beauty school in your area drafting your help.
I hired a girl once ......she was a jockey at DRC! A good one too.....she lasted 4 or fi months......great tips ....more often than not the races ARE won in the stables!
Trifectas were wild to watch them put em together!

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I hired a girl once ......she was a jockey at DRC! A good one too.....she lasted 4 or fi months......great tips ....more often than not the races ARE won in the stables!
Trifectas were wild to watch them put em together!
TIPS yous preverts!

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob … go take your beta blocker before you over exert yourself!
preverts! You Wouldn't believe what's goin on here....my wife fell again and broke both feet......its bad....real bad!!!!
and I'm doing EVERYTHING and my great granddaughter 9 years old got E-COLI.....and they got her wrapped in ice bags.....3 days now!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
preverts! You Wouldn't believe what's goin on here....my wife fell again and broke both feet......its bad....real bad!!!!
and I'm doing EVERYTHING and my great granddaughter 9 years old got E-COLI.....and they got her wrapped in ice bags.....3 days now!
Bob, how did she break both feet?

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Specifically on giving them the knowledge on how much to charge the customer. I'm worried that when the technician goes out on his own and gets instructed on pricing the jobs, he'll start doing the math in his head.

How can I prevent him from thinking "That's great money. I think I'll start my own business". ???

This is one of my biggest fears in being a boss.

Any input from the multi van businesses would really help. Thanks
I've found that the only way to do this successfully is to oversee the employees in an environment that never deals with pricing.

One reason I always tried to land a huge account that the employee would be there all year doing.

As for each residential home job...nah. That's the job for the owner only, and maybe his son, like my 15yo, who has been contemplating on jumping in to the business if it's still going in about 6-7 years.

After my experience with that tiny guy back in January, I've found that even starting out with a good pay...they're sorry ass people. This generation thinks they need to start out at $50k/year, even though they repeatedly have to use every one of your customer's bathrooms on every job and they're slow as a snail. Bugged the shit out of me.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

Does this mean you won't be at Chip's on Saturday?

Give her my love
She was walking into the podiatrist to get work on corns and bunions and a nail cut for Mikey and the sidewalk dropped into the handicap ramp.....about a one foot drop and fell straight down on her feet and knee....folded her feet! Went to urgent care useless sobs.....they sED no breaks ....now 10 days later we went to ER where they found them!

BTW...my gg daughter was released this am.....her fever finally broke and they broomed her out the door!
Bob, how did she break both feet?

Reactions: Living The Dream

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
She was walking into the podiatrist to get work on corns and bunions and a nail cut for Mikey and the sidewalk dropped into the handicap ramp.....about a one foot drop and fell straight down on her feet and knee....folded her feet! Went to urgent care useless sobs.....they sED no breaks ....now 10 days later we went to ER where they found them!

BTW...my gg daughter was released this am.....her fever finally broke and they broomed her out the door!
So shes laying on the ground screaming...the podiatrist runs out where shes laying....looks at my car and sez ...."wow....nice Audi "

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
It’s the nature of employees. They are going to leave. Would you do this crap if you weren’t the owner.
My next employee is going to have more than 1 year experience. I’m just throwing the keys and the schedule at them and say make it happen captain. I’ll put the fires out later.
I’m starting to realize that the customers are becoming just as crappy as the workforce. So I’ll step away. They will be perfect for each other.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Isn’t better if all employees just leave and you don’t have to go through the hassle of firing the losers? Just squeeze all 10 ounces of help out of them and watch them barely pick up their lazy feet as they walk out of sight for the last time. Then pick up a new one. Rinse and repeat.

FredC

Village Idiot
watch them barely pick up their lazy feet as they walk out of sight for the last time.
This shit drives me insane at my benefits job. There are literally people I can't possibly walk as slow as....if I can't pass them I have to just stop for a bit and let them get ahead only to do it again..

it's allowed because "safety first" and of course the employee pool of people that aren't stuck in slow motion isn't large enough to support the manpower needed

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
This shit drives me insane at my benefits job. There are literally people I can't possibly walk as slow as....if I can't pass them I have to just stop for a bit and let them get ahead only to do it again..

it's allowed because "safety first" and of course the employee pool of people that aren't stuck in slow motion isn't large enough to support the manpower needed
I know. I can’t walk that slow either. It’s a real talent. And somehow their shoes are always worn out.

• Haha
Reactions: FredC

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Back in ER....again! I was rubbing her leg and ran into a lump the size of an egg....jus by chance shes in the same room in ER that our bil DIED from a blood clot.....
I RACED THE AMBULANCE HERE AND SMOKED HIS ASS!!!!!

hogjowl

Idiot™

Lots of Democrats in Georgia

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Back
Top Bottom