New carpet cleaner

Condog

Name
Tony
check the jets on your 360 and make sure they arent too big for a portable. I would downsize them a bit but ive never used the zx motors so idk if they can handle your flow.
Have you had a problem with the 360i and a portable?

Condog

Name
Tony
When using a portable, I usually spray defoamer into my vacuum hose when needed.
If I'm getting a lot of foam does that mean a shampoo was used at some point before I got there?
If so, will I need to worry about rapid resoiling?

Condog

Name
Tony
Don't put it in your prespray. There should be instructions with your cfx where and how much to use. Beware with the cfx unit used alone that if it foams over, it will shoot dirty, foamy water out of the exhaust. Sometimes, crystal defoamer can be sprinkled on the carpet after prespraying. Not the best way to do it but it will help. Just take your time and watch the clear tube on your 360 when you're extracting. Do dry passes until you see very little water coming out. Do a room and out a fan on it. Another room, another fan or move the first one. You will get good drying times and your customers will appreciate it.
Are the fans to help prevent browning or rapid resoiling because of a shampoo? Should I be concerned enough to also throw a cotton bonnet under the 360 and hit the carpet while the fans blow?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Are the fans to help prevent browning or rapid resoiling because of a shampoo? Should I be concerned enough to also throw a cotton bonnet under the 360 and hit the carpet while the fans blow?
no and no

hotwater extraction has finer points and details

but just do the basics first it will cover 80% + of what you come across

if a carpet is visibly and evenly soiled even outside the main traffic lanes there is a good chance of a residue from previous cleanings.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
the even soiling in the before shot suggests a residue problem

the machine they proudly show in the after is most likely the cause of the residue problem Screenshot_20191002-235211_Trade Me.jpg

Reactions: Condog

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
If I'm getting a lot of foam does that mean a shampoo was used at some point before I got there?
If so, will I need to worry about rapid resoiling?
There is always going to be some level of foam. I think the reason foam was initially brought up is because the machine your looking into more susceptible to it. Everything has its limits of use.

Reactions: Condog

Condog

Name
Tony
Splitter devices are usually functional, until you run into an improperly wired outlet.

The splitter would be a fallback option.

The home I just moved from had electrical issues (it was only 15 years old). The builder hired the cheapest labor, and the building inspector was either incompetent or overworked. The front door always sagged, so I took longer screws to drive the hinges further into the studs to support the door better. There were no studs behind the prehung door, didn't matter how long of screws I tried. When you pushed a plug into a couple of sockets the whole receptacle would slide in away from the drywall. One room always had the smell of burning plastic.

I guess I'm trying to say I know there will be issues. The hard thing is you usually don't know there is an issue until there is an issue. I'm not going to carry a multimeter and check every outlet 110 or 220 volt. I will check the splitter with one before I even put it on my truck.

Then there is the issue of the splitter not fitting all the dryer outlets too.

Throw on top of that the fact that I'm new and don't even know what I don't know until I gain experience.
One thing at a time. At least I have you guys, that helps.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Tony, I envy your opportunity to participate in the Phoenix event. Here is what I suggest: Start with Saiger products. There may be others later but you will be using high quality stuff that you don’t have to over think.
Watch all the youtube you can stand to get overall impressions. Then start with your own home, set up, use and take down your equipment. Volunteer to do a local church, United Way or other charity for the experience.

As you run into new stuff, ask and research. Never never never promise perfection. Oh: get liability insurance today.

Build your business until your equipment can’t keep up, then buy better.

Condog

Name
Tony
Tony, I envy your opportunity to participate in the Phoenix event. Here is what I suggest: Start with Saiger products. There may be others later but you will be using high quality stuff that you don’t have to over think.
Watch all the youtube you can stand to get overall impressions. Then start with your own home, set up, use and take down your equipment. Volunteer to do a local church, United Way or other charity for the experience.

As you run into new stuff, ask and research. Never never never promise perfection. Oh: get liability insurance today.

Build your business until your equipment can’t keep up, then buy better.
And I'll start with Saiger

Condog

Name
Tony
Come try just about any and every piece of equipment available, just down the road from you in November..

I'm booked for the show!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom