New carpet cleaner

Mikey P

Administrator
He has a 20" CRB coming to dabble in Commercial and Let hair removal I'm guessing

Which is a mistake imo, at this point.

Get a Cimex.

The RV brushead will get pet hair out and CRBs on soiled Commercial are about worthless as a stand alone

Reactions: Trip Moses

Condog

Name
Tony
Most of us started with portables and eventually moved on to truck mounts. You can do good work with a portable system but it will take you longer and your drying times may be longer as well. Think about investing in some small drying fans such as the Dri-Pod. With the system you have, foam is always a problem. Watch your chemical dilutions carefully and carry lots of defoamer. It's not always about what you are using but what the customer or last cleaner has done to the carpet before you.
I went on the cheap and purchased 2 home depot air movers, the best Shark vacuum Costco carries, and 3 wall corner guards. Trying to look legit and do a good job. I can afford one more tool, then it's time to make money and work my way up.
The salesman (anonymous) recommended defoamer either in the CFX or sprinkle on the carpet. Which would you do or should I put it in the pre-spray instead?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I went on the cheap and purchased 2 home depot air movers, the best Shark vacuum Costco carries, and 3 wall corner guards. Trying to look legit and do a good job. I can afford one more tool, then it's time to make money and work my way up.
The salesman (anonymous) recommended defoamer either in the CFX or sprinkle on the carpet. Which would you do or should I put it in the pre-spray instead?
Don't put it in your prespray. There should be instructions with your cfx where and how much to use. Beware with the cfx unit used alone that if it foams over, it will shoot dirty, foamy water out of the exhaust. Sometimes, crystal defoamer can be sprinkled on the carpet after prespraying. Not the best way to do it but it will help. Just take your time and watch the clear tube on your 360 when you're extracting. Do dry passes until you see very little water coming out. Do a room and out a fan on it. Another room, another fan or move the first one. You will get good drying times and your customers will appreciate it.

Condog

Name
Tony
Don't put it in your prespray. There should be instructions with your cfx where and how much to use. Beware with the cfx unit used alone that if it foams over, it will shoot dirty, foamy water out of the exhaust. Sometimes, crystal defoamer can be sprinkled on the carpet after prespraying. Not the best way to do it but it will help. Just take your time and watch the clear tube on your 360 when you're extracting. Do dry passes until you see very little water coming out. Do a room and out a fan on it. Another room, another fan or move the first one. You will get good drying times and your customers will appreciate it.
Thank you, and everyone else.

Condog

Name
Tony
When watching the clear tube will I be able to tell if there is a foam problem? If so, what will it look like?
I ask because I'm not sure how I will know if the CFX

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
If the CFX is in another room, how will I know if there is a foam problem. Other than an irate customer?
You will have zero vacuum and the machine will sound very different
Tilt your 360 to the side so you can hear the vacuum. You’ll hear the difference between foam and no foam.

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Tony, welcome to the nut house where you will find a wealth of information.
& a few nuts.

Your question regarding pre-spray.
I use a battery operated sprayer for both upholstery & (when needed), carpet.

Mine is a FlexiPro, which is basically (I think) the same, or similar to the OmniPro.
Both have QR for either hand gun (upholstery) or lance (carpet).
Or you may even decide to go for the WORX Hydroshot.

Do a search for the different models.
You may get the WORX from an auto dealer online.??

The Ranger & the 360i is a great combo.
I had the earlier model, which I later sold & bought the CFX-15, along with the 360i.
I don't have the large fresh water tank, (Ranger), so this makes it much lighter & easier, as well as taking up less room in the van & one less power lead.

As an aside, apart from the brush for the 360i. you may also want to buy the drive board that will take pads, when the finances become available.

I agree with Mikey on the choice of a Cimex over a CRB, especially for commercial.
I just got home from a 3/4 hour job doing the foyer in an apartment block (Condo??), $200.00 with the Cimex.
Much more versatile, (in my opinion) than a CRB, but horses for courses.

Defoamer, I pour into my vacuum hose which lines the inside & gets to work on the detergent BEFORE it gets to the tank, as Ron advised.

By all means, get to Mikeyfest, ask questions, ask a lot of questions & take notes.
Get free samples and try them.
Make friends from this forum.

Save your money, keep away from *** & bull💩 rob(ber). :arrrr:👿

DON'T go cheap, but rather, LEARN from quality instructors & treat your job as a well paid hobby which you may even learn to love so that it no longer seems like work.

Just my opinion. :yoda::very_drunk:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Defoamer is so 1990's

Reactions: Condog and Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yes. It happens. I was referring to chems we use in our trucks now. Not what the old guys are using that foam. The preaprays out now really don’t foam. The only issue i have now is the spotters foaming up in the hose. But nothing a little burping doesn’t fix.

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Yes. It happens. I was referring to chems we use o. Our trucks now. Not what the old guys are ising that foam. The preaprays out now realy don’t foam. The only issue i have now is the spotters foaming up in the hose. But bothing a little burping doesn’t .

Good times. I’ve had customers use Purple Power, Dawn and Windex in their DIY efforts. Those cause some serious foam as well.

Also. Burping a portable is fruitless.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Good times. I’ve had customers use Purple Power, Dawn and Windex in their DIY efforts. Those cause some serious foam as well.

Also. Burping a portable is fruitless.
Fixed my typos. Its hard to drive, eat donuts, and text.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Ummm. 🍩. Lunchtime here. BBQ today.
Brisket and Blue Cheese sandwich. Yeah boy.
D68B6B08-EA49-41FD-A220-86DFC5EE1A03.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes. It happens. I was referring to chems we use in our trucks now. Not what the old guys are using that foam. The preaprays out now really don’t foam. The only issue i have now is the spotters foaming up in the hose. But nothing a little burping doesn’t fix.
Liquid presprays followed by either liquid alkaline or acid extraction detergents will foam more than powder equivalents. Powders need to be dissolved completely before use otherwise they will eventually clog your systems.

Condog

Name
Tony
Good post, I learned a lot from it.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Condog

Name
Tony
It's like in the post, it's what the guy before put down. Not what we put down. That's what you're educating me on, right?

Condog

Name
Tony
I've never heard of them. It still goes back to the same plug/circuit. Kind of like at the office desk where I have 5 or 6 things plugged in. How do they work to stop the overload of a circuit?
It allows the use of the 220 v circuit for 110 v devices? More amps available. Great tip.

Reactions: Nomad74
Back
Top Bottom