New Clear Top Upholstery Tool

Name
Lee Stockwell
Many clear headed upholstery tools have been made over the years.

Most claiming to be the first.

There IS a first in this case. The first to do actual field testing of a potential design at NO COST to the end user.

Versus, the mfgs who expect purchasers to be their alpha and beta testers, paying for mfg mistakes.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's a good point.

I'd be expecting some upholstery tools for my worthy opinion.
here's my list:

Clear head SS (preferably non cracking threads)
Clear head Mytee- Potentially Cobb's improved (mucho improved) version.
RV new tool, a clear head will be accepted.
Hydrokinetic
DryMaster 3
CFX

Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot
Reactions: Dan

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I liked that tool, I liked the black better than the white both worked great. It was just the really plush Olefins you had to watch out for.

Yea I think I might have left a few scorch marks that wouldn't brush out.

steve_64

will it flood an area thats heavily soiled or flush out an area i over prespray?

i clean some nasty furniture!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I notice it isn't cleaning upholstery.

I also notice this void, which I never had a problem with on my SS upholstery pro, started being mentioned by you to promote other tools

BTW...will you be editing this page now?

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=5166

or will they both be the best?

The void in the SS Tool was brought to my attention by several high-end uph. cleaners , one of which called Sapphire repeatedly . . .

We haven't yet tested the Mytee Dry Uph Tool which is $299 by the way . . .

Tony will also be at ICE with his Uph. Tool and Titanium Wand . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot
Larry I didn't think for a second you actually tested it........cause you don't gas....

There is a difference between the "void" existing and it actually having an effect when cleaning with the tool properly set up......but I'm sure you explained this to your "high end upholstery cleaners" ..........

Edit: As for the testing me mentioning it was just a reference to how absolutely predictable your results are........

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike, Richard, Lee, Fred.............bring them all on.

So far Larry is demolishing the :stir:'es.

Larry: 5 ......:stir:'es: 0

And who's counting. Maybe, I should have stayed in TX.
Before Larry succeeds.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thats good Larry

Crank it up to 200° and try it on Micro Suede..

Then try it at 240°

Im sure you noticed the metal DM melting synthetics, right?

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Larry I didn't think for a second you actually tested it........cause you don't gas....

There is a difference between the "void" existing and it actually having an effect when cleaning with the tool properly set up......but I'm sure you explained this to your "high end upholstery cleaners" ..........

Edit: As for the testing me mentioning it was just a reference to how absolutely predictable your results are........

I'm glad you too read right thru the bullshit hype... Carry on.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Lets separate between the "Bullshit Hype" (who Larry?...........No!!)
And demolishing a tool before one actually uses it, Dan.
What would you call that?

Kind of mysterious that it seem only to happen to one manufacturer.
I wonder which one it is?

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That is a loaded statement. Are you sure it's wise to leave it on a public BB? :winky:

John does a lot of imperfect products. Not a perfectionist by any stretch of the imagination. I hated his "Cool Cuffs" Hell, even Clancy (the destroyer) my dog, refused to chew on them.

The tool though, is definitely worth a try.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Never been much if a Mytee tool fan on anything made. My personal opinion and the only opinion that matters.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
A lot of opinions of a tool that has not been seen but by 10 people or so. Will have to try one and form an opinion from actuall use.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I do t feel bad for Keith at all, saphire has sold a crap load of the upholstery pro tool and competition is always good for innovation.

I like Keith but I use a Rotovac and want to try trex mini or jr. They are all products and the last time I checked nobody is sending me tools for free, I have to pay for them, so until I start a carpet cleaning forum and manufacturers send me free tools and free chems, I will buy and continue to buy what works for me and company.

We shouldn't accept and use only just one tool because it is the best tool for the moment, as that kind of thinking, we would not ever have the next big thing.

Multiple people including myself have asked for a better flow control on the sapphire upholstery tool as it is very frustrating while using it, to have it continually to move the flow setting because of flow control design.

Do I think this new tool is the answer, no, but another has to be a good thing for the market as it will push for the better product and the market will decide.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom