New Clear Top Upholstery Tool

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Doesn't look good for me going to ice this year again , don't get me wrong I want to go as I like to go to different trade shows and form my own opinion of them.

Not everyone thinks the same way and being able to step back and have the capability to try to understand what others appreciate and see as worthwhile has a certain value, doesn't it?

Reactions: Art Kelley

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do I think this new tool is the answer, no, but another has to be a good thing for the market as it will push for the better product and the market will decide.
Buy one, I'm sure it will clean well.

I'm also sure the valve will get in your way at some point in time too.

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey you keep saying it will burn fibers at 240. Who the hell cleans upholstery at 240! 180 and 250psi no matter what tool your using. As far as the rest of the debate going on I'll stay out of it but will say the spray bar looks exactly like Keith's which makes it better already then the Rotovac knock off. Hopefully Keith and SS have the patent locked down

Mikey P

Administrator
I also asked Larry to test at 200°

I cant recall what truck I was using when I had the Drymaster but ive never ran more than 220° as a rule.

Was the spray block Aluminum on the DM?

The mytee looks like steel which would conduct alot less heat..

Looking foward to Lockhart's and Larry's non bias findings

Mikey P

Administrator
You know, I've never once locked the trigger open on the SSpro.

In order for it to flush well the spray needs to spittle out about two inches from the head.

You could do that with the triggerless DM or you'd make a mess and or constantly be messing with the valve underneath.

The very reason I have zero interest in the Mytee.

That and the bad juju associated with ** knowingly screwing Studebaker, his supposed great pal. Just doesn't sit right with me.

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Some features I like about it for sure.
Maybe the valve will be loose enough to be adjusted with your thumb on the fly? Have to wait and see.

I also have the clear ss (which I love!)
Might pick it up at ice since it will be $220? At the show. Great for a backup at least.

A change out for the metal could come down the line too? I see they are bringing out glides for the trex head now.

I really don't see a problem with having no hand valve though. I clean the entire top of a pillow then go back for a dry stroke I'd needed.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think most issues will be when cleaning the inside arm. There will be a propensity to rub against the inside back pillows. I'd also have some concerns with the valve scratching wood arms.

The CFR tools we have have a vacuum relief on the top and its always a concern for snagging. Its just bad placement.

Someone should have consulted with Ofer before manufacturing the tool. :winky:

steve_64

You know, I've never once locked the trigger open on the SSpro.

In order for it to flush well the spray needs to spittle out about two inches from the head.

You could do that with the triggerless DM or you'd make a mess and or constantly be messing with the valve underneath.

this is what i was wondering about.
what if we could have one that always sprayed but also had a trigger for flushing when needed?

Reactions: CCWorks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The mytee looks like steel which would conduct alot less heat..

Looking foward to Lockhart's and Larry's non bias findings

Jerry Valentine has a couple of months testing time on the Mytee Dry prototype . . .

He states that the fingertip flow adjustment was intuitive for the people that tried it . . .

Much faster than any other tool flow adjustment . . .

I am looking forward to operating the Trex Jr. . . .

I think it will be a big hit at the show . . .

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
He states that the fingertip flow adjustment was intuitive for the people that tried it . . .

Pinching off a fatty is intuitive too.

Doesn't mean I want to do it 800 times per sofa.

When a so called friend completely rips off the idea of another so called friend my intuition is to say fvck you and stick that thing up your ass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom