New Conway wand..

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Biggest deficiency of any drag wand is the inability to "scrub"/chop stroke a spot out.
Thats why the big Commercial Rug Doctor floor tool worked so well. It was basically this tool with a back and forth brush mounted just behind the extraction wand. Worked very well.

vibra vac.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thats why the big Commercial Rug Doctor floor tool worked so well. It was basically this tool with a back and forth brush mounted just behind the extraction wand. Worked very well.

View attachment 104848
There is a company, Vanmar Equipment in Washington that still sells the swing brush. I am thinking I should have one just because. They still sell the original Rug Doctor in china. Even have a dual 3 stage model. If you take the time, you can clean as well as anything else out there.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

View attachment 104848
We had a Jiro machine that came with a brush head like that. Shook the whole house, couldn't safely use it on second floor. Worked pretty well but needed cleaned off after every use. We bought several Jiro's but only had the one power head.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
They used to sell a TM brush head extraction tool at powrflite.
I used one with a portable in a school once.

Was a worthless POS

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Remember when that pull flood extractor was all the rage among the idiots on the ICS board? What was that thing called?
I’m sure Chavez had one.
Rollervac.

No we didn't. While it was the rage. It was built assbackwards. The roller and weight were first, before the vacuum slot.

It should have had the slot, then the weighted roller. Then it would compress and as it released the vac slot would pick it up. Fixed vac hose should have had a swivel.

We used Vapor Vac drag wands for extracting back then. A 65 lb weighted drag tool. It looked similar to a Deep Steam drag wand but heavier.

Screenshot_20210101-171957_Google.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Rollervac.

No we didn't. While it was the rage. It was built assbackwards. The roller and weight were first, before the vacuum slot.

It should have had the slot, then the weighted roller. Then it would compress and as it released the vac slot would pick it up. Fixed vac hose should have had a swivel.

We used Vapor Vac drag wands for extracting back then. A 65 lb weighted drag tool. It looked similar to a Deep Steam drag wand but heavier.

So you like heavy in drag. Got it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No
Steamin Demon
Remember the threads on ICS about the steamin demon? I ended up with Gary's machine from Sindy. It was a big box of parts with no instructions.Hirise Henry ended up with it. I still have his steamway 700 in my possession. I changed a few things and it works like a charm.

hogjowl

Idiotâ„¢
Who was the guy who said he’d inspected Gary’s stuff and it was all in working order? I can’t remember. Sindy must have compensated him in some way.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
We had a Jiro machine that came with a brush head like that. Shook the whole house, couldn't safely use it on second floor. Worked pretty well but needed cleaned off after every use. We bought several Jiro's but only had the one power head.
This was nothing like you describe. Very smooth drag tool with softish brushes that waved back and forth very fast. Vibra Vac floor tool plugged into the back of the portable so you didn't have to plug it into the wall...which I still don't understand why the 360i doesn't have that feature. The upright dolly design made it easy to pull up or down the stairs. Made it easy to load. Made so much money with these. I had 2 of them. Nasty Chinese restaurants, trashed student housing...this tool cut right through it and the opening was big enough to suck up junk. I loved it until I hurt my back moving a cast iron hide a bed. After that I couldn't pick up a 5 gallon bucket of water for a couple years. So truck mounts from that point on. Best portable ever made and that includes now.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ours had a built in tank to put precondition in, it had one handle for power the other for dropping solution. It worked great just very aggressive. It got more use on area rugs in shop.

Name
jack zerkie
This was nothing like you describe. Very smooth drag tool with softish brushes that waved back and forth very fast. Vibra Vac floor tool plugged into the back of the portable so you didn't have to plug it into the wall...which I still don't understand why the 360i doesn't have that feature. The upright dolly design made it easy to pull up or down the stairs. Made it easy to load. Made so much money with these. I had 2 of them. Nasty Chinese restaurants, trashed student housing...this tool cut right through it and the opening was big enough to suck up junk. I loved it until I hurt my back moving a cast iron hide a bed. After that I couldn't pick up a 5 gallon bucket of water for a couple years. So truck mounts from that point on. Best portable ever made and that includes now.
Hi Bob I'm using a old R-40 rug Dr. red color for all my furniture cleaning. Easy to move load and clean with. Iv'e updated the pump & vacs. I have a EDIC port. but doesn't lift easy or goes up stairs easy. Saves the truck mount . jz

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Hi Bob I'm using a old R-40 rug Dr. red color for all my furniture cleaning. Easy to move load and clean with. Iv'e updated the pump & vacs. I have a EDIC port. but doesn't lift easy or goes up stairs easy. Saves the truck mount . jz
My first carpet cleaning machine. I have a R 101 A metal flake blue and chrome. It's the small commercial Rug Doctor. A size up from yours.
I saw it on eBay and had to have it. 300$ Looks and works like it was brand new. It's too small and the floor tool isn't heavy enough to be super useful but I like it better than the 4K$ Ninja I have. I used it for high rise furniture and small jobs in a high rise. So easy compared to the heavy monster...weak vacuum... Ninja.

Name
jack zerkie
My first carpet cleaning machine. I have a R 101 A metal flake blue and chrome. It's the small commercial Rug Doctor. A size up from yours.
I saw it on eBay and had to have it. 300$ Looks and works like it was brand new. It's too small and the floor tool isn't heavy enough to be super useful but I like it better than the 4K$ Ninja I have. I used it for high rise furniture and small jobs in a high rise. So easy compared to the heavy monster...weak vacuum... Ninja.
I met the local guy here that owned all the rug Dr units from Tampa to Marco Island and I would trouble all of the local problems from the rental units. Wow did I ever hear some story from people mostly lies. But I learned a lot. That was a while back. jz.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I met the local guy here that owned all the rug Dr units from Tampa to Marco Island and I would trouble all of the local problems from the rental units. Wow did I ever hear some story from people mostly lies. But I learned a lot. That was a while back. jz.
Californian Roger Kent started the Rug Doctor Company as a Carpet Cleaner in his garage. He wrote a book called How to Clean Carpet which I bought and read and it explained very basic things. Their chemicals were pretty good at the time.
The floor tool was the key. He had a Commercial equipment division and a Rental devision. They would give away machines to housewives on TV Game shows like The Price is Right. The Game Show Host would let Mrs America know that they could rent the Rug Doctor Machines locally. The Rental division took off so they sold off the Commercial equipment line...apparently to China. Like most California Corporations they re-located to Texas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom