New found Love for My SS 370

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
So apparently the Bimba wasn't wired correctly. The Instrument panel on my TM was damaged during shipment to the distributor and replaced with a new one, but wasn't wired correctly--

The water temperature never reached its full potential. I tend to blame the operator before I blame the equipment- so I thought I was using too much water and that was why the water never got very hot.

Man o man! This baby can really produce hot water now! Im totally impressed and almost a little frightened on how hot the water gets now.

But I do miss having the ability to go duel wand, so I might upgrade to the SS Peak 500 next time.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So apparently the Bimba wasn't wired correctly. The Instrument panel on my TM was damaged during shipment to the distributor and replaced with a new one, but wasn't wired correctly--

The water temperature never reached its full potential. I tend to blame the operator before I blame the equipment- so I thought I was using too much water and that was why the water never got very hot.

Man o man! This baby can really produce hot water now! Im totally impressed and almost a little frightened on how hot the water gets now.

But I do miss having the ability to go duel wand, so I might upgrade to the SS Peak 500 next time.
I thought you were semi-retiring? Why would need to dual wand?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I thought you were semi-retiring? Why would need to dual wand?

My youngest Son says he want to join the business again in August. My oldest son helps me occasionally.
2 jobs a day for me IS semi retired. I enjoy this job too much to give it up completely... at least until I become a pig farmer in Thailand.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The 870 also had a wiring glitch, the APO was wired to the MAIN breaker instead of its own. The result was an abrupt shutdown if the drain valve to the apo hose was not opened.

Diagnosis would have been much easier if it were wired correctly, because the fact that the apo breaker wasn't tripped led us to look at other possibilities at first.

Reactions: Papa John

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

I heard the Peak’s performance isn’t much different than the 370.

I believe it has the same blower.

• Wow

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I
I heard the Peak’s performance isn’t much different than the 370.

I believe it has the same blower.
If true, which I personally don't know if it is, why would it surprise you? An 80k direct drive isn't going to have a lot more heat or pressure either

You're buying longevity with bigger water cooled powerplant. A machine that's built for the long haul.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Do you know what the blower spins at compared to the motor? As in faster or slower than motor rpm
There is a whole lot that can be done to increase vacuum strength and pump GPM output, within reason, which can increase the power of your truckmount, as long you also have a pulley system on the blower and no direct couple!

Sethd

Name
Seth DeVries
Set your RPMs to 3100 and set your HG to 14 with 100 ft of hose attached to your wand while its set on dense carpet...
Is this what your 370 is set at? Any adverse effects? I know the new 370 ss are supposed to come set at 2900 and 13 HG from factory so wondered about if guys wanted to bring up rpms back to 3k or 3100.

Sethd

Name
Seth DeVries

How do you not wire a Bimba correctly? Issue in the switch?

Sethd

Name
Seth DeVries
Easily adjustable but check your warranty
Yeah instant void on newer model. Just picking your brain on after the fact. Sapphire must have seen something with longevity to bring everything down a little from previous model. Not trying to speculate, just interested for my own personal knowledge.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Interesting how most manufacturers set the vac relief at 13 or 14 but others go to 18-20. Obvious to me that the higher the setting, the more strain on the motor and drive components. Also, the higher the lift, the lower the CFM on blower performance charts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom