New Machine I bought/with pics

Chads

Supportive Member
I'm about to buy this what do yall know about these machines?
25 kohler/ 45 roots blower. dont know what year or how many hours are on this machine yet
Buying it cheap so just give the info you know I have never heard of this brand before . oh yeah it has a waste tank that is also a fresh water tank all built into one and is all stainless steel.
IMG_2716.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Re: Need your advice

I find it odd that you've never heard of Steam Action. It looks like its been sitting outside.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

If you pay more then $500 I will come to California and kick you in the nuts AND that is if the blower turns. If the blower doesn't turn $200 because you might be able to scrap the stainless frame and waste tank for close to that.

Oh and It is a Steam Action Nike. 4.5 Blower no real heat control so either screaming hot or luke warm.

Chads

Supportive Member

Its was sitting in storage for quite a while until the last three months or so and has been sitting outside with a tarp over the top up in the mountains with all that red dirt and pine needles. I'm going to get it cheap dont know if it runs yet going back up with gas and a battery. I know it all turns becuase a I turned it manually.

Chads

Supportive Member

Why the nuts John, I still need them you have kids so yours are fair game, mine are not as my wife holds a insurance policy on them.

Chads

Supportive Member

Okay compared to what I have now is a prochem trail blazer with a #3 blower and a 16 horse briggs in it that dosent keep much more than 140 to 150 degree heat

Name
I'm Rick James

Chads said:
Okay compared to what I have now is a prochem trail blazer with a #3 blower and a 16 horse briggs in it that dosent keep much more than 140 to 150 degree heat

How much are you will to spend to get that running tip top shape. Gotta wonder if the heat exchangers are ok, ect.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

if the blower turns you can put an engine pump and new hx from johns customs for under 4k so you better not spend more then 500.it COULD be better then what you have but it isn't right now.

Scott

John Sales is the proud maker of Steam Action. I met him probably 10 yrs ago. Don't know if he's still in the game but he always gave the impression to me that he tried to over-engineer his machines to last a long time.

I'd powerwash that puppy and see if you can start her up. Just looks like heavy dust to me.

John Watson

oh yeah it has a waste tank that is also a fresh water tank all built into one and is all stainless steel.

Does it have some sort of bladder in it to be both???? Or just 2 seperate tanks built into one????

Able 1

Name
Keith

Chads,

I wouldn't buy that if it was my first TM think of the time you will put into it! If it was given to me for free it might be "my little project" but really there is better things to do then wrench on this when you could be carpet cleaning!

JMO

John Watson

That is Aluminium not SS, Is that an Atlantic UltraViolet Ozone machine sitting on top???

Looks like stand waste tank with a possible washdown feature??

G

Your probably getting a good deal on it so clean it up,and you could always convert to propane fairly cheap.

Name
George Valliant

It almost looks like it has dual vac ports off the waste tank. Maybe it can be pimped or something. - I've never lost money on any truckmount i've owned. You should be able to break even, or better yet make some cash off it.

Jay D

Name
Jay D

You built EZS with nick this should be a piece of cake, IF everything works. $500 or less is probably right. :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

For 300-500 bucks it would be a good project to get up and running for spring.

I too have met John Sales from steamaction, he even drove his demo van right up to my house for a demo.

Kinda like vortex I think every TM was a little different from one another.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu

JiMmy, dont you mean you drove your house up to his demo van

Chads

Supportive Member

Well I would be paying 1500 for it, yeah it needs alot of cleaning up and the heat exchangers I will have to check out but I think it has alot of potential so I'm going to buy it the blower and motor are worth that much. Yeah If any thing I can always rework the whole thing.
did I mention I'm getting a ozone machine and dehumidifier thrown in the deal.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

The other items helps and your probably paying a fair price but I still wouldn't give more then 5 bills for it. If you need anything Chad let me know. I'll be more then happy to help you figure it out.

Chads

Supportive Member

No I havent started it yet, Where you at Greenie or les I want your opinions.

Chads

Supportive Member
Re: New Machine I bought

well I bought it, I havent starrted it yet, did turn it over but the jump box I took wasnt charged up enough, I borrowed it so what can you do. it turn over just real slow like with a dead battery

G

I dont like the idea of paying that much for something I haven't even fired up , but with a little TLC you never know .

What kind of pump does it have ?? Good luck on the project .

James

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Chad;

One of our customers has a Steam Action TM.

He said that the parts are not made anymore,
so keep that in mind for the proprietary parts like the HX's, etc.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom