New RotoVac model to be Introduced @ Mikefest next week!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Rotovac plans on introducing the all new Rotovac 360XL Rotary Jet Extractor this month at Mikey-Fest in Las Vegas. The 360XL has a 15″ wide cleaning head and will also be able to run an optional 17″ head in the near future. Engineered by Cliff Monson, the inventor of the RX-20 and Rotary Jet Extraction, [...]

More...

Name
Todd
looks Good. I wonder if they are still going to have their trade in program toward this new XL? Mine is about ready to be traded in and it has been a very good piece of equipment. I haven't had any problems except my swivel fitting started to leak. Rotovac was planning on sending me a swivel rebuild kit for like 25 bucks and they ended up sending the entire assembly for the 25 bucks. Way to go Rotovac, Thanks.:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

Rotovac

Name
Nick
The 360xl is pretty cool. Its very much like a bigger, more powerful 360i. It's very easy to control and allows you to clean very, very fast due to the bigger head. We will have 2 head sizes available, 15 inch and 17 inch. You can trade in your old Rotovac towards the 360 XL. It should be available through distributors with in the next few weeks.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I read in some posts that with the 360i in some cases swirl marks do not come out even after rakeing and even when using a crb.This is totally unexeptible.I sure hope they got that problem 100% solved .

Mike Draper

I've owned multiple rotovac 360's since they very first came out with them. Some hack cleaner may have said the swirls don't come out, other than that, any body knows what their doing wont have that problem.

Reactions: Mardie

Connor

Name
Connor
I read in some posts that with the 360i in some cases swirl marks do not come out even after rakeing and even when using a crb.This is totally unexeptible.I sure hope they got that problem 100% solved .

You "hope they got that problem 100% solved", Mardie Von Schrader-Bree? Your indignation and your spelling is baffling.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
personally, I've never used the speed control. Always on high for me.

I use the speed control almost every job. I put it to the lowest speed when I am along side a marble threshold so the metal swoops just tap as they hit. I have chipped some marble at the high speed; it hits it WHAM like smacking it with a hammer.
Otherwise the machine is kept at high speed for cleaning.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well learn how to ride that horsey....

mine is always on high as well...

on occasion i might drop it a little if needed....but 1 out of 50 maybe

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Can't wait to drive one.

And now that I think about it, I have used the speed control before.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You "hope they got that problem 100% solved", Mardie Von Schrader-Bree? Your indignation and your spelling is baffling.

Why do you think that the HWE industry has been reinventing extraction tools to no end. Simple it is because cleaning carpet with high volums of water present so many issues wich can be blamed on inefective extraction tools.
As for know the T-Rex is probally going to be the tool that just may make me introduce HWE into my tool box of goodies to clean carpet. Time will tell.

Connor go yank on a pipe.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
It will be good to run it next to the T Rex at MF next week. 5 mins with it will tell if its as good as the T or close to it

Mikey P

Administrator
M9F attendees will be vote by ballot to judge the winner of the shootout after playing with all 4 units over the two days. We will have lots of filthy carpet (Thanks Jesse!!!!) to play with..

Rotary Extractor Shoot Out
Rotovac 360Xl – Sapphire HOSS700-- Hydramaster RX20-- Mytee Trex

· Appearance
· Features
· Handling/operation
· Cleaning performance
· Drying performance
· Perceived durability
· Quality of construction
· Versatility
· Value

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
well learn how to ride that horsey....

mine is always on high as well...

on occasion i might drop it a little if needed....but 1 out of 50 maybe

I am well aware of how to operate a rotary (I've been using them for preconditioning before you could even crawl), and I've done a thousand jobs with the 360i; there is no way to go along a threshold without some contact with the speeding metal vac ports unless you stay away from the edge and leave an uncleaned area. Dropping the speed down makes this much safer.

F

FB7777

Totally agree Art, I always reduce the speed near a transition area... Whether its wood, ceramic , marble etc.

It has nothing to do with your ability to control a rotary , if anything , not assessing the need to adjust the speed at times shows me your lack of experience with the 360i

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also just a side note stay away from tile edges, hit that with your wand. One cracked tile could cost more then you made on the job.

Mike Draper

I tilt the 360 to one side when I'm close to tile or wood. I can overlap the hard surface area an inch or two, just enough to clean the edge of the carpet and have the fiber suck up into the vac slot. Ever since the swoop head came out, I've never scratched or chipped anything, not a single time. Just gets the tile wet and I wipe it up with a towel. Thats how the pro's do it!!! that being said, I know my limits and sometimes the tile vs. carpet level is to drastic to do this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom