NEW TCS CHIEF II DIESEL install pics

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Here are some pics TCS sent me awhile ago..........ITs the first install of a diesel model..... They stated........... This is how the customer wanted it set up.. There are other install configurations that allow more room to be in the van... Also, this pic was taken awhile after it was installed..

chief-diesel-2.jpg

chief-diesel-1.jpg

chief-diesel-4.jpg

chief-diesel-6.jpg

chief-diesel-7.jpg

And heres some specs from their site
The TCS Chief II Diesel

The Ultimate Cleaning Machine

Combine TCS Simply Dependable Chief II performance with the superior longevity of a Kohler diesel engine and the seriously high temperatures of a flow-fired diesel boiler and you have the new Chief II Diesel. Specially designed for operation in diesel Sprinter vans and box trucks, the Chief II Diesel is the right choice for the serious professional who wants a blazing hot, high performance, no-compromise truckmount designed to last thousands of hours with only routine maintenance.

Diesel engines provide higher torque, so you will notice that even under maximum load, the Chief II Diesel purrs along without ever bogging down. You get consistent excellent vacuum when extracting water, using subsurface extraction tools and other demanding operations. The single fuel for vehicle, truckmount and heater means added convenience and simplicity. The Chief II diesel-fueled boiler provides the highest temperatures of any truckmount on the market.

Specifications & Accessories

Kohler 3 cylinder 1028 CC 26.1 HP Diesel

Sutorbilt™ 4L DSL @ 495 CFM vac blower
General Emperor HTX 1810S solution pump

280,000 btu Diesel flow-fired heater

250' vacuum hose w/ reel

250' pressure hose w/ live reel

150' supply hose w/ live reel

175 gallon recovery tank

55 gallon fresh water tank

In line pre-filter box

Stainless steel 2 jet S-bend wand

$21,935 Complete - Applicable shipping & taxes not included. DOT approved fuel tap may be required.

chief2-diesel-10-2010.gif

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hose reel position sucks.

And it's right next to the burner.

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's on my list too Jimmy. Love the stove pipe.

I've got a big Kero heater, would hate to burn regular diesel in it for very long and try to keep the van clean.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
you can use kero in it as we know.. but the whole diesel thing is this......... you can have just one fuel source...... van, tm motor and burner all running off the same tank.. 3 items pulling from the same tank

Cameron1

You ain't seen nothin yet. The new design is about 8 inches more narrow which allows more room for the reels. I am currently working with the design team at tcs to achieve the most productive lay out that will achieve our unique abilities as a combination high end carpet cleaner and premier water damage restoration company.

This set-up will be the ultimate for the company that specilizEs in both cleaning and restoration. PLus, with the importance of "green"in our world the sing.le fuel source for heat, the unit and van should translate into lower over-all fuel cost.

There has been no expense spared in this design and layout with the ultimate desire being a unit that will allow the highest productivity for the 21st. Century Technician. A technician who through training, motivation , and desire to achieve will be able to generate incredible profits for himself and the company that employs him.

This cutting edge technology with an unparalleled design package will be rolled out for the first public viewing at Mikeyfest 2011 in Nashville

Do not miss this unique opportunity to be the first to say, " I was there"

Name
Lee Stockwell
We ran one of our 405's out the back door like that, with vacuum hose reel on one side of it and slide out utility rack (16"x48") on the other side.

I had no problem with it but I was a little uneasy with the potential for it to get squirrelly if the on bad roads in bad weather, especially when my sons were driving on road trips with it. I'll do it again with a dually next time.

Cameron1

Lee Stockwell said:
We ran one of our 405's out the back door like that, with vacuum hose reel on one side of it and slide out utility rack (16"x48") on the other side.

I had no problem with it but I was a little uneasy with the potential for it to get squirrelly if the on bad roads in bad weather, especially when my sons were driving on road trips with it. I'll do it again with a dually next time.
Not so with the new Mercedes Lee....wait till you see this Beast without the vortex expense.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Is it dually? Otherwise a large percentage of gvwr behind the rear axle. You can't tell without actually driving in the kind of situations I mentioned.

I found it acceptable, but I was always conscious of its handling characteristics and compensated for it. Good tires properly inflated, and avoid sudden lane changes, among other things. Didn't feel comfortable chancing one of my young son's family future on my layout design.

Cameron1

Trust me on this lee....it is a whole new concept and design......the More weight in the rear the better handling.

Meet me in nashville on we'd or t hursday and we'll tour the countryside?

You will be. The second to sigN up.

Walt

Diesel truck mounts have suffered from vibration issues. How has tcs addressed this? Even with a smooth running diesel it can be a problem.

Got to love the single fuel source. Bet it gets HOT!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Guess we will all find out in nashville about this machine.. I predict this brand will be the next hot thing in the industry

Name
Lee Stockwell
It may not be that heavy, the 405 has a much bigger motor 900#. 26" wide unit. I moved it back to the side door in the new van.

I really like the diesel vans, our 7.3 Powerstroke Fords beat the 5.4 gas hands down, and get better milage. Would have been a great candidate for a PTO version.

Is that Sprinter a dually? Pix don't show enough to be sure.

Looking forward to seeing you in Nashville Steve, you'll have a blast.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
putting more weight over the rear axle isn't new, twas thought of 3 yrs ago and designed.
Leaves the middle of the truck available for mixing station, chems, tools etc.
makes for a very balanced truck and load, except for the shift in weight between FW and Rec tanks

Cameron1

joeynbgky said:
you can use kero in it as we know.. but the whole diesel thing is this......... you can have just one fuel source...... van, tm motor and burner all running off the same tank.. 3 items pulling from the same tank

And......should be about double the mileage that we now get with our current setup.

We only get 7.5 miles per gallon now when you factor in what the unit draws......plus we still have to buy propane at 4 bucks a gal.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
what does sprinter say about the fuel tap. will it void their warranty. when i checked 4 years ago they told me it would.

i still like my box better just for easy of maintenance. i have access to stand on all 4 sides of my machine.

gene

Walt

GeneMiller said:
what does sprinter say about the fuel tap. will it void their warranty. when i checked 4 years ago they told me it would.

i still like my box better just for easy of maintenance. i have access to stand on all 4 sides of my machine.

gene

I have a 2008 sprinter with a fuel tap. I've had warranty work done and they never asked about it. I mentioned the fuel tap to the mechanic and he didn't say anything.

I would put an auxiliary tank underneath for kero. 1-2k and you wouldn't have to fill up as often.

Cameron1

Thanks Brian

We just got the sprinter back from linex . We had the floor and up past the wheel wells plus the ceiling.

We will start the install next week.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The cleaning performance on this machine should be as good as anything. It is tight in that van though. Too bad you couldn't get a Sprinter with a little wider body.

Back
Top Bottom