Newer Chevy Express Fuel tap

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Anyone here using a Chevy Express for their TM, and how are you fueling your TM? Did you use a tap kit? Or is there a provision available on the Chevy vans that allow you to tap into the fuel system? I was talking with a dealer on van pricing, and asked about any fuel tap available. He said he would check, but he doesn't know.

cleann4kids

I just run a gas rubber line to the tank from the truckmount,,
been using it now for 3 years works great!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
honestly I have always made my own fuel tap. I use a piece of 1 1/2copper pipe and cut a small 1/4 hole in it. Then solder copper tubing through the hole. I know it isn't dot certified but of all the issues in this world I am not worried about that one.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I guess the biggest concern would be warrantee issues with the emmisions systems. I talked with Jim Pem and he is looking into what taps are legally available for the newer vans. My '03 Chevy has a tap kit that Powerclean had available in 03. It's a simple hookup....had new rubber hose and fittings and a dip tube into the tank. The only prob was it eliminated the "tip over" spill preventer valve, but I didn't plan on doing any tippin' over....at least in the van.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Doesn't matter until you get into an accident then everything you own is gone. We have the kits you need in stock by the way.

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
Cobb has the kits in stock too, but he might send you the wrong one and you'll lose shipping charges both ways...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Oh and you do know it is a federal crime to modify the fuel system in an un approved manner. Why the fuel kits cost so much and only one company makes DOT approved kits. Oh and if you do not put the sticker on the vehicle it isn't installed properly freaking Feds

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
My 2004 has the kit that tees into the fuel filler line. I can only fill up at certain gas stations because the rubber line going down into the tank creates back pressure at the pump nozzle causing it to shut off thinking the tank is full. Some of the gas pump nozzles are so sensitive I have to let gas barely trickle into the tank to get any gas. At other stations it works fine, but it is a pain if you have to stop at a station with sensitive nozzles.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Williams said:
My 2004 has the kit that tees into the fuel filler line. I can only fill up at certain gas stations because the rubber line going down into the tank creates back pressure at the pump nozzle causing it to shut off thinking the tank is full. Some of the gas pump nozzles are so sensitive I have to let gas barely trickle into the tank to get any gas. At other stations it works fine, but it is a pain if you have to stop at a station with sensitive nozzles.
Then it isn't installed correctly.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a 02 g m c. Does this mean that I have to buy the new fuel kit and can't use the 1 that cobbs sells

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom