Next Gen RX20 What are your thoughts?

Credits
That is what I thought when I firsts seen it. Nothing radically new about it. Still no speed dial. Spins too fast for 3 jets. They get too concerned about dry times and not enough thought about cleaning.

Credits
I have the old one, and a rotovac 360i. The RV is light but the jets are too close to the carpet and causes streaking. The RX20 is heavy, jets are farther away so less chance of streaking and it doesn't have a speed dial to slow it up when you need to.

Credits
The brush head on the 360 seems to prevent streaking. Hadn't had a problem so far. I've had rx20's in the past. Always seemed to leave the carpet too wet. Maybe needed a bigger blower or smaller jets. The advantage of the Rx was the spring loaded shoes. Great on uneven glue down. The new one looks good but I don't see much advantage over the 360 xl with brush head.

Supportive Member
Credits
If you like the RX20, the new one has some nice features. On-board corner and edge tool so you may not need to bring out the wand. Lighter weight plus an added handle to help with lifting into and out of the van; sight tube to see dirty water and how dry (or not) the carpet is getting; and at a lower price. Only positives.

Credits
I used to love my RX-20 but since i got my zipper I have not used it much. I used to have 4 of them I like them so much.

The issue I had with them was the dam handle. I would take it in to get it service and then a month later it still was falling down and not holding. It happend on all of them I just got sick of it. I still have one but have not used it forever. I still would not trust the handle on that one but it does seem nicer and the few change on it seem nice but I still think I would look at other rotary before I bought a RX.

Supportive Member
Credits
Also this a production machine and a tank

Your not going to hurt it!

Rotovac you’ll snap gears if your not careful.

But the 360i is a daily residential tool they will get pulled off the truck, just like the 10 crb because it’s light and easy.

Latest posts