Next Gen RX20 What are your thoughts?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
That is what I thought when I firsts seen it. Nothing radically new about it. Still no speed dial. Spins too fast for 3 jets. They get too concerned about dry times and not enough thought about cleaning.

F

FB7777

Single hand use is the most noticeable improvement

It's silly that you need both hands to operate power and spray

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm not one to give a very accurate opinion on spinners, but I like what I see. It looks solid, and it seems to get a good connection on the surface it's cleaning.

Reactions: SamIam

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I have the old one, and a rotovac 360i. The RV is light but the jets are too close to the carpet and causes streaking. The RX20 is heavy, jets are farther away so less chance of streaking and it doesn't have a speed dial to slow it up when you need to.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The brush head on the 360 seems to prevent streaking. Hadn't had a problem so far. I've had rx20's in the past. Always seemed to leave the carpet too wet. Maybe needed a bigger blower or smaller jets. The advantage of the Rx was the spring loaded shoes. Great on uneven glue down. The new one looks good but I don't see much advantage over the 360 xl with brush head.

Reactions: Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you like the RX20, the new one has some nice features. On-board corner and edge tool so you may not need to bring out the wand. Lighter weight plus an added handle to help with lifting into and out of the van; sight tube to see dirty water and how dry (or not) the carpet is getting; and at a lower price. Only positives.

F

FB7777

How it’s done on a Rotovac?
Rotovac is the same , except the power and solution triggers are on opposite handles

Just think they should both be accessible on one handle to free up one hand

They could make a left handed one for Marty so he can hold a screwdriver in his right

Name
Brad Gouveia
I used to love my RX-20 but since i got my zipper I have not used it much. I used to have 4 of them I like them so much.

The issue I had with them was the dam handle. I would take it in to get it service and then a month later it still was falling down and not holding. It happend on all of them I just got sick of it. I still have one but have not used it forever. I still would not trust the handle on that one but it does seem nicer and the few change on it seem nice but I still think I would look at other rotary before I bought a RX.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Just watching the video makes my back hurt.
You could tell the guy demonstrating did not clean for living. The handle was adjusted to low.

One hand operation and perhaps the positive lock handle are the only real improvements.

Needs better air flow for better water recovery.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also this a production machine and a tank

Your not going to hurt it!

Rotovac you’ll snap gears if your not careful.

But the 360i is a daily residential tool they will get pulled off the truck, just like the 10 crb because it’s light and easy.

Reactions: Doug Rice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom