No drain or water hook ups on large tile job

Mikey P

Administrator
Gave a bid on a warehouse that needs a LOT of tile cleaned soon.

Problem is we could not find any water hook ups or sewer outlets to drain our waste tank('s). They are going to contact the land lord to see if there are drains or spigots that we over looked.

What should I charge per break down if I need to stop production to drain or fill?

Do I itemize each instance and charge per (no idea who many times we'll need to fill or dump) or once I know for sure that this is the case I just charge more per sq foot.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I can carry 165 fresh / 220 recovery. Tile work can run through that fast. 2hrs trigger time with TH spinner. Takes 20 minutes plus travel to dump/refill.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Faucet adaptor - restroom? APO to toilet? Find a cleanout in/near restroom?

restroom.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Do you have an idea as to how many gallons you suspect you will take?

I can sometimes guess fairly well how many gallons per sq ft I am going to use, and then make a guess on it.

I will sometimes eat that extra cost if I want the job (if it is within reason)

Otherwise, I look at my desired rate of $200 per hour for our units each (and of course try to be efficient enough to do better)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd not show it, its just a needle in the eye. I'd use it to factor in for your price but just not make it obvious.

Just as you would for multiple setups, extended hose lengths or above ground level work.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Electric available?

I'd guess 500 gallons or less if you could run a 175 or 300 scrubber as well.

You can push the water around surprisingly well with a good electric leaf blower, and dry the floor as well.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Reclaimed water plant irrigation.....

Oh wait - this is Cali - in the middle of a drought but not legal to water the grass with your soapy water.

J

JS41035

[QUOTE="Lee Stockwell, post: 4313809, member: 40104"?

You can push the water around surprisingly well with a good electric leaf blower, and dry the floor as well.[/QUOTE]
Lol

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
No water supply of any kind around might be why the carpet is so trashed in the first place..:biggrin:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Tile Ralph.

Justin you must have still been in Texas. Jason and I did Ingersoll Rand warehouses in Mayfield, and the leaf blower killed it.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
As for water supply-- Check with your local water dept. they may have a Fire Hydrant hook up for you to rent/buy. it has a water meter on it so you will be billed for the water used.

As for water disposal-- they can help you with that also. in some rare cases you can dump down the storm drain in some cities-- but this is rare- some cities have what is called a Shared System-- this means that all storm drain water gets treated before going into Ocean/lakes. If this not a option then dump/pump water into one of your other TMs and have them dump while you keep working? Or buy extra hose to reach toilet or clean-out pipe near any sink or toilet.
How about the rain gutters? where does that water drain to?-- into/onto the ground or the treatment plant.

Last edited:

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
STORM drain --no--goes straight to lakes

You can legally drain in dry soil?

Just recycle/ filter your recovery water

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom