no more fords for me

C

cucu

2010 e250 motor is gone, 29k on the clock. dealership wont stan over the warranty ..they want 8k for a new motor

im a little pissed............they didnt even use lube when .....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Which motor?

We've had great service out of the 4.9 six, and the 5.8 V8 gas. Favorite is the 7.3 turbo diesel.

Hated the V-6's and some problems with the 6.0 diesel.

K P

There should at the least be 3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The basic waranty is supposed to be 3 years and 36k.

What happened with that?

Drive Train Warranty: In some cases the drive train warranty continues after the basic warranty has expired. This part of the warranty covers most of the parts that make the vehicle move, including the engine, transmission, drive axles and driveshaft. Like the basic warranty, consumable parts such as hoses and belts are not covered. However, most of the internal parts of the engine, such as the pistons and bearings, which are also subject to wear and tear, are covered by the drive train warranty.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2010/for ... z1iduYfHyZ

F

FB7777

Whats the reason that Ford is not covering a motor that should still be under warranty ?
You did get an occasional oil change during those 29K miles right?

Should be able to get a rebuild for half that price

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
U have a 100k warranty on it. If they are not covering it.... Then it must be something u did.... Why did they say no??

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Me to and ill have my ford dealer replace it under warranty. Then ill get 400k out if the motor that I maintained properly. Where did he go?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
come on, Cu, what's the scoop??

why are they denying to honor their warranty??

sump'um you ain't telling us.
did you put the wrong wt oil in it and cooked the bearings ??
(or is that what they're saying?)

..L.T.A.

S

sam miller

You mean Your sposta change da earl? :oops:

I hates complicated stuff were's Les when Ya needem? 8)

FORD SUCKS! ERRRRR hey Marty, blow me

S

sam miller

Sorry I've been watchin to much tv Moonshiners and Big shrimpin Forgot who I was!

:oops:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Well...........................

We're waiting for the rest of the story...........

I want to know because I'm thinking about getting one.

dgargan

There has to be more to the story. Did you buy it new? The warrantee still should transfer. Did you run it out of oil?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Denying a warranty claim can depend on the volume of warranty claims or if they think a denial will make you go away.

We stopped buying Fords when they tried to deny claims for serious engine damage that they later admitted were due to their own design defects. They eventually paid, but it took quite a bit of work. Because they tried to get away with making us pay for their problem, they lost a long-term customer.

Ford isn't alone, both Toyota and Honda have recently tried to avoid responsibility for engine and transmission failures due to their design flaws. Neither would pay up until forced to by class action lawsuit, and they had to repay the expenses of everyone they turned away.

Of course, a thin coating of black bacon on the bottom of the oil pan tells a story too...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I think a direct drive or heat exchanger for a truckmount could void the warranty.

Exclusions:
Any vehicle on which parts or accessories not approved by Ford have been used.

C

cucu

Sorry boys , i got busy with work and my puppy had to go in for the snip snip

so the guy at the dealership says the truck was run dry /no oil..which caused the knock in the motor, but when dipped it before taking it in, it was 3/4 full
no low oil light came on, on the dash etc... so we call bs
the kid who drives it takes care of his stuff,
now after ford had it the knock is worse in the motor then before
so we,er just putting in a replacement motor, then have the old one gone thru to find out what really went wrong
then down the legal rd we go

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
There's a minimum 3yr/36k bumper to bumper. Why are you accepting their denial of your warranty? Their has to be mechanism to esculate your warranty claim and it would be helpful to know you are following all those procedures so you get the full warranty.

Back
Top Bottom