No more Incognito Bean..

F

FB7777

Both sides of this make valid points,

if the van is consistently making you money thats all that matters

you probably could/should punch up the graphics a bit, but it will suffice as a solid back up and/or second truck for a few years

Russ Goddard

Ken Snow said:
[quote="Russ Goddard":1yvmog9g]Looks good, clean, nice, professional. You need to do something about the wheels though. No matter how clean you keep it, those wheels make it look dingy. A plain white van needs just a little bit of eye candy.

Whatchoo smokin Russ? Looks like a dirtbag vehicle- you getting free subscription to I Love Mikey magazine to say you like it?[/quote:1yvmog9g]

Well Ken, I guess I just miss my nice clean plain white van with the shiny wheels. :)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wow, how'd I miss this thread?? :oops:

Bruce Humphrey said:
Unless you're going to be doing some subbing for Brian? :shock:

that's what I was thinking, Bruce
Maybe that's why he decided on the magnetic stick on signs
Easy off and on

Those are magnetic sticks on's , right??..... :lol:

..L.T.A.

Name
steve snail
randy said:
Some of you guys put way too much importance on van lettering and graphics. If you have 10-15 trucks running around that's one thing, you can establish a bit of a "brand", but with 1-2 trucks believe me nobody is noticing. How many cleaners have dropped $4,000 to $6,000 on a custom wrap and seen little in the way of ROI ? Skip the fancy wrap and pop the difference in your Roth IRA. Don't be another cleaner following the crowd with no retirement savings.

P.S. Mike I like it, sometimes less flash is just as effective.

Very well said Randy

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Steve in Omaha said:
randy said:
Some of you guys put way too much importance on van lettering and graphics. If you have 10-15 trucks running around that's one thing, you can establish a bit of a "brand", but with 1-2 trucks believe me nobody is noticing. How many cleaners have dropped $4,000 to $6,000 on a custom wrap and seen little in the way of ROI ? Skip the fancy wrap and pop the difference in your Roth IRA. Don't be another cleaner following the crowd with no retirement savings.

P.S. Mike I like it, sometimes less flash is just as effective.

Very well said Randy

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.....

We run 2 Vans with full vinyl wraps and there is not a day we are not told that they see us everywhere. It is an opportunity to have a traveling billboard. My van wrap jobs have more than paid for themselves. (And I max out our IRA's every year as well as HSA's, SEP plans....and still have a good deal of money to live very comfortable in a lake home with all the toys I could want). My vinyl wraps are a reason why we dominate the market in our area as well as our service.

Mark Saiger
http://www.saigers.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Harpocrite Wrote
A lot of people have NOT seen that "Body-Style"...Wrap-IT..and they will assume it is a
NEW model...

This is a water damage at an Attorney's Firm...Only ONE truck was needed..HOWEVER.. It
is in the middle of TOWN..."High Exposure"..I had the men take TWO units...and "SET-UP"
in front of the building...GREAT ADVERTIZING

Gee, that wouldn't be considered deceitful to your customers and potential customers would it? :?
Uh huh...what's good for the goose ain't so good for the gander there poncho.

Just bustin your balls old man...don't go readin me the Riot Act. :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Harpocrite Wrote
A lot of people have NOT seen that "Body-Style"...Wrap-IT..and they will assume it is a
NEW model...

This is a water damage at an Attorney's Firm...Only ONE truck was needed..HOWEVER.. It
is in the middle of TOWN..."High Exposure"..I had the men take TWO units...and "SET-UP"
in front of the building...GREAT ADVERTIZING

Gee, that wouldn't be considered deceitful to your customers and potential customers would it? :?
Uh huh...what's good for the goose ain't so good for the gander there poncho.

Just bustin your balls old man...don't go readin me the Riot Act. :mrgreen:

"Don't make me call the SHERRIFF".... :shock:

Lefty724

Name
E
Chris Adkins said:
so one Brokedicks' praise is all you need then?

LOL, I am 100% completely a "Brokedick"!!! I am also very new to the trade and just wingin' it so far. I'm kind of easing into the CC (still work full time) thing and am building my biz on word of mouth only......so ya I kinda like the simple route. I have zero lettering, signs on my van(s) and plan to keep it that way until I am ready to take the next step.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I'm with Mark Saiger on this one, although I would say we think alot alike. Sorry Mark :wink:
100_1663.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Why do people name companies thir own name? Like Ron Beatty carpet cleaning? Kust wandering, I think its tacky. and sounds smallish. no offense guys.....................

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
joeynbgky said:
Why do people name companies thir own name? Like Ron Beatty carpet cleaning? Kust wandering, I think its tacky. and sounds smallish. no offense guys.....................

Because when your community knows you, you can sometimes get an advantage establishing yourself very quickly. Now for resale, I guess we were not thinking ahead. I really was only going to keep this thing small and part time. It is looking like my family will be taking it over in the future, so I am lucky at this point to have a 4th generation taking over.

Mark Saiger
Saiger's Steam Clean, LLC
Grand Rapids, MN
www.saigers.com

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Joey, I started a company with my father, worked for him 15 years. He started to bring in other relatives that did not share my interest in quality workmanship. I left that company in 1980 and started my own company. Your opinion of me naming my company, shows your ignorance of what does a good name stands for. I built my brand over a 34 year period with a lot of hard work and a commitment to be the best. I have completed IICRC Master certifications, Shaw Product Care training, and invested heavily in top of the line equipment from the Vortex's, to thermal imaging cameras. I came from a generation where your name was something you could be proud of, if you are the best at what you do. !dork!

Ryan

ronbeatty said:
Joey, I started a company with my father, worked for him 15 years. He started to bring in other relatives that did not share my interest in quality workmanship. I left that company in 1980 and started my own company. Your opinion of me naming my company, shows your ignorance of what does a good name stands for. I built my brand over a 34 year period with a lot of hard work and a commitment to be the best. I have completed IICRC Master certifications, Shaw Product Care training, and invested heavily in top of the line equipment from the Vortex's, to thermal imaging cameras. I came from a generation where your name was something you could be proud of, if you are the best at what you do. !dork!

You can build a good name with any brand you don't need your full name for it. Your naming you company that shows your ignorance and lack of foresight when it comes to selling your business. No matter how good your books look, who is going to want to buy a company named Ron Beatty.

Besides what if someone calls specifically thinking you will be doing the cleaning, then gets pissed when you send a tech?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
oh for Pete's sake.... :roll:

I don't think it matters one iota whether or not your company has your, or some other Joe's name.

Of the top of my head, i can think of few "people's named" companies you may have heard of

MacDonalds
Applebees
Aursuelanian (sp?)
There's a guy that hangs out here that's done all'ite with a family named biz too

anyone in the Detroit area ever hear of Hogopian ???

I forgot about "Pemberton's" too
Yes, it's still owned and operated by the Big P's, but I'm sure "if" it's ever sold, having that name won't hurt a bit.
would probably HELP, as a matter of fact

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I was just wandering. I just wouldn't name my company after myself cause I have a funny last name........... Upchurch.

Name
Lee Stockwell
If it were a restaurant I could imagine "Upchucks" being bandied about.

I called mine "Lee's" because I didn't think "Ralph's" would fly as well.

Thanks,
(R)Lee Stockwell

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
I just wouldn't name my company after myself cause I have a funny last name........... Upchurch.

That's not a funny/odd last name, Joey
It's nothing compared to Hogopian .... :shock:

I called mine "Lee's" because I didn't think "Ralph's" would fly as well.

Thanks,
(R)Lee Stockwell

LOL!!

I HATE that name, and have hated it since the first I heard it
(I always liked my uncle though)

Larry R. Capitoni...... :lol:
and yes, it's "Larry" on my birth certificate ...NOT Lawrence

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey P said:
[quote="floorguy_724":iqqowia4]That van is badass man! I saw it in person the other night. Nice, simple, and not to mention a BIG ass Judson lurking in the window. I am a cc (I think so anyway) and I was in awwh looking at that Judson. The van definitely compliments the TM....Simplicity!
[/quote:iqqowia4]

Any more 'simple' than that, it will be a fire hydrant.

Ryan

Good point......

MacDonalds, John Deere, Wal-Mart, Harps, and a hell of a lot of others.

I was wrong... lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ryan said:
I was wrong... lol

You're young, Ryan
I will say for a kid that's barely old enough to shave, you're way ahead of most your age.
You've got a good head on your shoulders and are a critical thinker

you'll do well in biz

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mikey P said:
My vinyl wraps are a reason why we dominate the market in our area as well as our service.

So if you took your wraps off, in a years time you'd be out of business?

They are definitely a major help having them as traveling billboards. Everyone is looking for a marketing gimmick. The presence of our vans makes things easier for us. In reality, I hope no one else will wrap their vans around here. Keep doing what you are doing. As far as being out of business, no.....lost business. Yes

Mark Saiger

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ryan, I have no intention of selling my business. I have built a customer base out to the 3rd generation. I will work as long as I can, then I will hire someone to do the work and I will help them. I enjoy the interaction with my customers and many of them have become friends. Most of the people that I have seen retire in their late 50's or early 60"s are regretting it NOW!!!!!.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ford is a good example, however Edsel bit them good.

A name is only as good as you make it. The "other Hagopian" is likewise an example of that.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Maybe not a big deal, but you don't have to use your own name to have a good name and reputation or for your customers to know you are an owner operator.

I have had two cleaning businesses over the last 40 years of being an owner operator.
It just seemed that when I started them both, that having my name up in lights, so to speak, was not as easy to remember, nor did it sound as solid as choosing a business name.

We are located in the Delta area, so that is very familar to people, thus Delta Steam Way.
And in Rochester, MN it was Rochester Steam Way.

When I sold Rochester Steam Way, it didn't hurt that the new owner didn't have to use my name. Just common sense to me.

But I guess you can be successful while you are cleaning by naming your company either way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom