Number One selling Truckmount....how do we know?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I just got some new Wolverines. Steel toe. $110. My winter wardrobe is complete.

I could do without the pattern, but it was a good deal.

D2BD2228-2A41-41DC-A3FA-90B2B1873B25.jpeg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Over the decades many manufacturers have advertised "most popular" "best-selling" "industry leader" etc and etc...

How would we know, is there a registry or way to accurately compare sales numbers or units still in service?
It's a marketing claim. Marketing truth is different. Your comparison to the auto industry is interesting, since that's where a majority of this type of marketing is used.
Even in the "accurately reported" auto world, Toyota outsold the Accord by counting every vehicle built on the Camry platform as a Camry.

Maybe they’re saying #1 out of their line up?
Yep. There can be lots of qualifiers backing up top-selling claims. Just define a narrow set of parameters that other units don't fit, and then you can claim top sales for the segment you just defined. It works because most people buy the big print and don't think about it too hard.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
It's a marketing claim. Marketing truth is different. Your comparison to the auto industry is interesting, since that's where a majority of this type of marketing is used.
Even in the "accurately reported" auto world, Toyota outsold the Accord by counting every vehicle built on the Camry platform as a Camry.

Yep. There can be lots of qualifiers backing up top-selling claims. Just define a narrow set of parameters that other units don't fit, and then you can claim top sales for the segment you just defined. It works because most people buy the big print and don't think about it too hard.

"Top Selling & Safest Vehicle In Its Class" - Real easy to do when you make up the class.

rick imby

Name
Rick
"Top Selling & Safest Vehicle In Its Class" - Real easy to do when you make up the class.

But finding a carpet cleaner with class is like finding a clean safe Democrat run city in California or Illinois.----No Fred don't ban me again----grin

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
At one time many years ago, Steam Way claimed the Powermatic to be the most produced truck mount. If memory serves me, I think I asked how they knew, and it seemed they were counting the number of vacuum blowers Sutorbilt sold to them and other manufacturers.

The Powermatic was first produced in the 1970’s and Steam Way is still manufacturing it. Not sure if it is still the all time best seller, but I wouldn’t doubt it could be near the top.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There's a ton of those early century propane TCS's over here in georgia. And underpriced Atlanta is flooded with rug suckers. I'm betting on TCS and Cleaning Technologies

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At one time many years ago, Steam Way claimed the Powermatic to be the most produced truck mount. If memory serves me, I think I asked how they knew, and it seemed they were counting the number of vacuum blowers Sutorbilt sold to them and other manufacturers.

The Powermatic was first produced in the 1970’s and Steam Way is still manufacturing it. Not sure if it is still the all time best seller, but I wouldn’t doubt it could be near the top.
I don't think they were anywhere near what Prochem was selling. Jim Pemberton likely would have a better idea. Not to knock the machine because it got hot, but I don't believe they were in the top two. Certainly not #1.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What I'd want to know more, if one is the top seller, is- why?
Price?
Quality?

For example it has been said over and over again- "Number one for a reason."
Which I suspect is quite different, say for the infamous R. Chavez, as opposd to the Gold Standard and gun obsessed Soooopa the hero.

And Damon sure looks bad hombr-ish with them booties. Damon Proof for a reason?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen them over in California. It was under a different name, but it was the same
Back in the 90's Prochem was selling 100 units a month. I have no knowledge of current sales. It
could be more could be far less. ???

Ask your podunk guys how many they sell a year. I'd be willing to bet it's a fraction of that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom