oh oh, Legends Brands is at it again...

Mikey P

Administrator
I hear another old school player/manufacture has been taken over..

I'm not going to have current dealers come on here and call me a liar and a puppet like when White Magic was acquired so you can ponder and scratch your chins for a couple more weeks till the official announcement happens here on the Center Of The Carpet Cleaning Universe.

I will say this though...
It's a great move for Mr Bruders, as the new line has some killer offerings.

M9F'rs will get to see it all first hand before the rest of the world.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
No one called you a puppet. We call you a Muppet

did they really buy out nick ******

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You should set up a poll where all of us dorks can vote on who was taken over...

We could have some fun....thinking we would need to order our greenglides from drieaz or cobbs powermax from sapphire. :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I heard it was Ben at AMTEX who bought them out.

Congrates to Ben!

Maybe now we'll see some real product development.

See you on T-M-F!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoody

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It's also the home of MILITANT minority posters who want to keep us in the back of the bus.

WP!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Speaking of Home Depot, I got a PM yesterday explaining how delaying your board time by 12 to 24 hours is a ploy to inflate your traffic. I ignored it, like I did your phone call, but I found that tid bit of info. interesting. It even contained a quote from your board host explaining how it worked.

Interesting the difference between Home Depot and Lowes.

Mikey P

Administrator
oh no, it's a conspiracy!!

We were tracking how many unique (that means individual) visitors we have here in a 24 hour span. If Boob Foster wants to think that is evil, you go right ahead and believe him.

we ran the numbers on two separate days and now have the counter set back to 60 minutes.

and I'll bet you this spare filter I have sitting here that Toofy has his set to five hours or more..

FredC

Village Idiot
Speaking of Home Depot, I got a PM yesterday explaining how delaying your board time by 12 to 24 hours is a ploy to inflate your traffic. I ignored it, like I did your phone call, but I found that tid bit of info. interesting. It even contained a quote from your board host explaining how it worked.

Interesting the difference between Home Depot and Lowes.

ummm...no...that is not how it works. I'd love to see the PM.

but it isn't an attempt to inflate traffic.......that IS the traffic just over a longer session time. Also this was explained to mods/admins so it isn't like it was a huge secret.

hogjowl

Idiot™
My reply was to question how a time lag could help traffic appearance ... I honestly couldn't see a connection ... the reply came with a quote from the board host saying manipulating board time could be useful for that precise thing.

I don't care either way.

I'm not here, or over there, because other people are here or there.

I come to these boards because I have no life ... like the rest of you losers.

And, I am quite fine talking to myself with nobody else around.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I come to these boards because I have no life ... like the rest of you losers.

And, I am quite fine talking to myself with nobody else around.
You crazy fooker! I come just to see what crazy chit you will say everyday. :clap:

FredC

Village Idiot
My reply was to question how a time lag could help traffic appearance ... I honestly couldn't see a connection ... the reply came with a quote from the board host saying manipulating board time could be useful for that precise thing.

I was really just wondering who the "board host" is?

as to how it "helps" traffic appearance:

When someone visits a session is created by setting a cookie with ID. Usually these sessions end when the browser window closes. When the session time is extended this does not happen so a user appears online for whatever the session length is set for which in one case was 12 hours and in the other 24.

This doesn't "inflate" anything other than the number of users that appear to be online at one time. It was done as a simple solution to answer a question that couldn't be answered by viewing the VB statistics.

As to forum numbers in general any of the solutions used by the boards (VB, Xenforo, phpbb, etc) allow most metrics to be set at whatever number the admin likes either through built in solutions or hacks.

So...unless you are looking at a 3rd party audit take any numbers you see on forums (or really the entire interwebs) with a grain of salt..........

hogjowl

Idiot™
Here is the official wording from the Vbulletin site;

The default cookie timeout defaults to 15 minutes (900 seconds). (It's a setting in the AdminCP). If you want it to "appear" that more users are currently online, extend that limit to an hour (3600 seconds), or even 24 hours.

FredC

Village Idiot
Thanks Marty.....

I have to say I find it amusing that someone took the time to "research" the topic and send out PMs........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I hear another old school player/manufacture has been taken over..

I'm not going to have current dealers come on here and call me a liar and a puppet like when White Magic was acquired so you can ponder and scratch your chins for a couple more weeks till the official announcement happens here on the Center Of The Carpet Cleaning Universe.

I will say this though...
It's a great move for Mr Bruders, as the new line has some killer offerings.

M9F'rs will get to see it all first hand before the rest of the world.

Is this about them deleting or doing away with the whole spec line?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The more they buy each other and merge. The less competition. The higher the price we'll eventually pay for everything.

Support your local supplier and if possible and practical, support the smaller manufacturers.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Mikey P

Administrator
Natural Traffic Lane Cleaner (76-0390)
Alkaline pretreatment used on heavily soiled carpeting and traffic lanes. Comes in powdered form for maximum economy.
• pH 9.5 as diluted
• Diluted at 3 ounces per 5 gallons.
• Surfactant-free for low foam and easy rinsing
• Recognized for Safer Chemistry by the EPA Design for the Environment Program

Thats the shnizzy right thar!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not sure what the deal is.
Beside the name "natural", they don't seem to carry any certification besides the "design for the environment." Which is nothing special.
Is it the dilution ratio?
Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom