Operation Vortex/Aerotech "FENSTER-STEIN" is underway

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Great job Ash.

Have you noticed a weight difference while driving the truck w/ the new fresh water poly vs the old one?

Also when braking and going uphils, etc?

Reactions: AshleyMckendree
Name
BradFenstermaker
Ashley did I mention that Finesse has a great buy back program????

Cant hardly recognize that truck. Nice job she looks great!! Betcha some of these 777 guys would buy that other silencer and brand new 59 Tuthill Factory rebuilt Blower. LOL

Make me want another one, someday but not today.

How much more does the bigger blower pull??

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Brad, it feels no different at the end of the wand, not even a little. Since that video I have sealed up the waste tank better, and set the relief at 16, it was around 14 for some strange reason. This actually has quieted the blower noise down ALOT... Not sure why?

Now it's quieter than my 18hp Judson, MUCH quieter,

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Yea the camera amplifies the sound to the 3rd degree.

When I bought my vortex from the previous owner, he had another vortex there and showed me it operating, full rpm etc, and it was a bit less louder than my TNT, I even asked him "that's it?", I couldn't believe how quiet it was compared to my TNT.

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Yea the camera amplifies the sound to the 3rd degree.

When I bought my vortex from the previous owner, he had another vortex there and showed me it operating, full rpm etc, and it was a bit less louder than my TNT, I even asked him "that's it?", I couldn't believe how quiet it was compared to my TNT.
Thats one rEason I never buy air cooled motors. To dang loud.

Gene

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My 2nd TNT has an older (rebuilt)18 horse (looks similar to an Onan), the thing is VERY loud, I'm actually scared of using it in certain settings. I'd say is 1.5 times louder than my new 18 horse on the other truck.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Must be the I/C twin motor, those suckers are deafening!!

My 18hp is only 6 months old, it's so loud I wish their was a way to put a silencer box over it without suffocating it!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Ashley, you talked about the accordion side door. Did you put one on? I'm wondering if it makes graphics anymore difficult. Btw... Awesome project.

Back
Top Bottom