Operation Vortex/Aerotech "FENSTER-STEIN" is underway

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
6mp blower is being installed, look at that BEAST.
gu5ejymy.jpg
ydu2ejyv.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
What type of doors are you going to put in?

When I was deciding to throw new doors on I wanted to try the regulate latch style of a box truck instead of the mid door turn latch that comes on the truck, so we installed just regular latches and will see if we like those.

20140320_130036.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Are you still going to drive it with 1.25 shaft size or did you bump everything up?

I think aerotech had issues or something with the 1.25 inch used in our trucks when they up sized the blower and went larger shaft, joints and yoke.

I would call ted and ask if it might be a potential problem.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I hope my V will be running when I get back from vacation next week, they're suppose to get it going this coming weekend.

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
Are you still going to drive it with 1.25 shaft size or did you bump everything up?

I think aerotech had issues or something with the 1.25 inch used in our trucks when they up sized the blower and went larger shaft, joints and yoke.

I would call ted and ask if it might be a potential problem.

Ahshley,
your truck is looking great!

what are you planning on setting your vacuum relief valve at?

Michael is correct. The bigger blower at lower RPM will require more torque than the smaller blower at higher RPM. We would recommend using a 1-1/2" pillow block. When your recovery tank fills up and the level switch shuts down your PTO that is where you will find your biggest problem using the smaller shaft and pillow blocks.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
130? Just picked up 4 new ones for 20 each shipped free!

I went with the dodge brand.

Look around and you should be able to get the 1.5 for a good price.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Also remember you will need larger yoke and shafts along with the larger ujoints I believe.

I think you can order them through Jeremy, I think this would be the easy way of getting everything you need.

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If you bought them local see if they will upgrade to larger or take a return. It's worth a try. Not all bearings are created equal. when I replaced my bearing on my tensioner they only lasted a week because they were cheap junk and couldn't take the heat. The grease cooked right out. . I went to a local bearing shop and paid much more but they haven't missed a beat.

Gene

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i bought them online in a lot from an auction.

earlier in the day i was very lazy and non productive, so this evening took a couple of hours with one of my guys, and rebuilt the drive line. Hearing a bit of noise from the pro so will be ordering a shelf unit just in case. new complete dodge pillow blocks and new u joints, the yoke looked great so just cleaned it up and greased it back up.

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Getting the waste tank finished, You can seem my custom "Rotisserie", two ramps and an upside down dolly.
6F39AB9D-CE27-487C-894E-A585B84A3BC3_zpsam7xblag.jpg05EF8570-E5E0-4BFB-A3A6-C0D0F5E9B436_zpsuu0ij4f5.jpgCEBA207D-3276-4C85-9C57-4019B40C437B_zpsh1rvgb1l.jpg

Modifications to the tank so far:
Welded the giant 7" intake on w/Relief valve, Dual 2.5 Elbows, Cone Bottom w/2" drain, Legs.
Will be putting a cross beam near the top for any flexing.

Last edited:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Also, May be adding a 3rd 2.5 intake, not for triple wanding, but to slow down the velocity inside the tank, thus reducing turbulence even more, as all 3 will join together under the truck in a custom "Vanifold", so that whether we run 2 wands or 1, each intake will be used.

J

JS41035

Ahshley,
your truck is looking great!

what are you planning on setting your vacuum relief valve at?

Michael is correct. The bigger blower at lower RPM will require more torque than the smaller blower at higher RPM. We would recommend using a 1-1/2" pillow block. When your recovery tank fills up and the level switch shuts down your PTO that is where you will find your biggest problem using the smaller shaft and pillow blocks.

Wow. How many other manufactures would help like that? That amazes me. It also shows that Aerotech is the real deal. They aren't scared of losing a potential sell. The advice on fixing the old V's shows they know there stuff and will help you out. Even on a ten year old unit. That is just crazy cool to me.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm a terrible engineer but those legs don't look strong enough. Just sayin, resume this awesome thread

gene

Back
Top Bottom