Oreck first use.

Credits
How about the main entrance of those 2bedroom duplexes. It's a freaking sand box right at the entrance, because none of them take their shoes off. If you don't have the aggressive weight combined with the beater bar, you're just getting the junk on top of the carpet.

Credits
You should send it to Professional Testing Labs to examine the dust/dirt/lint particles in your oreck bag.. See how much of it is carpet fibers..

:lol:

My dinosaur Windsor XP12 that lays flat to get under beds, with a on-board hose tool does a great job.. Same vacuum hospitals and hotels use..

:rockon:

Supportive Member
Credits
You should send it to Professional Testing Labs to examine the dust/dirt/lint particles in your oreck bag.. See how much of it is carpet fibers..

:lol:

My dinosaur Windsor XP12 that lays flat to get under beds, with a on-board hose tool does a great job.. Same vacuum hospitals and hotels use..

:rockon:
Three out of four hospital doctors preferr an edging tool.

Administrator
Credits
How about the main entrance of those 2bedroom duplexes. It's a freaking sand box right at the entrance, because none of them take their shoes off. If you don't have the aggressive weight combined with the beater bar, you're just getting the junk on top of the carpet.

you're speculating

and even if you did leave some sand behind, who cares. Sand doesn't wick.

Supportive Member
Credits
When I don't have a Vac with an edger I usually just do a lap around the room with my 2". l do this just before I extract. Prespray and crb work had already been done so no need to pull out the hoses. That being said, I prefer my vacuum to have an edger. It's just more convient to knock it out at the same time as vacuuming.

Is my life so boring I'm actually having this conversation?

Last edited:
Credits
if you don't value your actual time vacuuming then you'll be a great oreck owner. good option for a consumer who doesn't factor time in their care of carpet, or small offices and apartments dwellers. had a dozen in my hand and it's like using a 1600psi electric pressure washer versus a 2500+ gas powered unit. can you clean a slimy patio for a customer with electric? sure, if you leave your watch in the truck.

Credits
It's feather light, if the lack of edging is bothering you @hogjowl you can attach the small cannister vac Mikey also loves (for furnature) with some tape or zip ties and boom...problem solved. It will need two cords now, so it's sorta like a portable but with low amps you can plug them both into the same outlet.
It's only light when you put a new bag in it.

They are great for stairs too.

Supportive Member
Credits
We're still using our Oreck around the hose. The wife still loves it. But every now and then I need to pull out the Proteam and edge the German Shepherd hair off the wall and corners.

Latest posts