Overwhelmed with losers applicants

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Entry level

No wonder Macy dumped Damon
She's making $45k and doesn't have the stench of urine in her nostrils and clothes at the end of the day...

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl

Entry level

No wonder Macy dumped Damon
She's making $45k and doesn't have the stench of urine in her nostrils and clothes at the end of the day...

..L.T.A.
As i said, it doesn't reflect reality. They may start that low..for first two month.. then they start getting massive pay. All my friend that worked there and still working never made 35k....not once. Their take home is always about 100k+..

yeah in shit hole ghost towns in the middle of Burningman County
And? Some of the guys that work the elko mines lives in Reno. Very common.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Missing in the discussion beside what to pay in order to attract potentially good employees, is what one can realistically afford to pay?

A common number that is used: No more than 30% max 33% of the gross income generated by that employee. At 75K a year that employee will need to consistently generate 250K a year.

How many here can do that consistently to keep that employee for the long term?
(That figure does not even consider potential raises.)
And what margin of earning safety (downturns, breakdowns, bad employees etc.) does that kind of pay allows the owner?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You guys keep talking about not being able to keep good employees. And the general conclusion is that paying a decent living wage, will attract and keep (long term) a good quality employee. Not a hose pusher.

What is a decent living wage at your location that will allow for that?
What will that employee working on his own realistically bring in?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You guys keep talking about not being able to keep good employees. And the general conclusion is that paying a decent living wage, will attract and keep (long term) a good quality employee. Not a hose pusher.

What is a decent living wage at your location that will allow for that?
What will that employee working on his own realistically bring in?
PULLER.....its hose puller.......!
You can push a wand
But never push a hose!

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff and DAT

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Actually working for the large franchises here, that's not unrealistic. You are on commission and if you sell ok, you will do it.

Definitely not the norm here. Our median
Is $46k

Our minimum is 11 going on 12 in Jan so that’s driven up the cost of living like crazy two years ago minimum was $8/hr

My right hand does very well but we mix hourly and piece rate for him. The other helpers unfortunately aren’t the greatest. I have no problem paying higher for someone that’s worth it. Because one good guy can literally do the work of two or three lame workers.

Cleaning is a small part of our revenue though It would be a little more challenging to pay a higher wage on cleaning unless they could do everything on their own. As a helper only I can’t see them earning those numbers. They’d have to be tuning their own jobs and selling. Sadly that pool of people isn’t always Very deep.
We’re always looking though

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Definitely not the norm here. Our median
Is $46k

Our minimum is 11 going on 12 in Jan so that’s driven up the cost of living like crazy two years ago minimum was $8/hr

My right hand does very well but we mix hourly and piece rate for him. The other helpers unfortunately aren’t the greatest. I have no problem paying higher for someone that’s worth it. Because one good guy can literally do the work of two or three lame workers.

Cleaning is a small part of our revenue though It would be a little more challenging to pay a higher wage on cleaning unless they could do everything on their own. As a helper only I can’t see them earning those numbers. They’d have to be tuning their own jobs and selling. Sadly that pool of people isn’t always Very deep.
We’re always looking though
That would be like $62,000 here but of course the cost of living is much higher here. Some of the franchises here make what I earn look like chicken feed. They are very aggressive on extra sales, sometimes too much so.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
That would be like $62,000 here but of course the cost of living is much higher here. Some of the franchises here make what I earn look like chicken feed. They are very aggressive on extra sales, sometimes too much so.

Yea I don’t do pressure sales. We do our best to sell by serving and we get better referrals that way and I sleep better at night.

in addition to pay work has to be fulfilling for most quality people and if they’re taking ownership or have a reason too they’re not gonna enjoy it or last.

Chris A

Name
Chris
With my pay schedule (I'm about 30 minutes in West Woopchuck), a guy making $50k would be generating a little over $200k. Doable with my pricing, but neither of my leads have hustled enough on the add ons to get there, yet.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That, if it can be accomplished consistently, is a profitable business.
How come you guys can't keep a good employees?

What do you guys charge to generate 200K? And how many hours a day / days per week will that truck need to work?

Here in the Bay Area even 75K won't get you a decennt employee.

Reactions: Papa John

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm at about $45 per room for full service residential carpet cleaning including prevac. Our average ticket is $250 so we send the guys out with 2-4 stops per day $6-700 in total sales, and expect/hope them to each bring in about $100 in add ons, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I clean our overflow jobs or when I have somebody cleaning at night, probably 3 days a week on average. I have one guy who's been with me 5 years, another just 9 months. Finding the second lead had been a huge challenge until we switched to a hybrid hourly/commission scale. After that we picked up another great tech and he's been averaging $21/hr after just 3 months cleaning solo, he's still got a lot of room to grow. My other guy averages $23.50/he.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Here in the Bay Area even 75K won't get you a decennt employee.

The "Bay area" is far from the norm for 92.79938% of the country, Ofer
a typical 1600sf home runs anywhere from $100 to $250K in most of the country
It's costs $2mil in your hood

That's about 50K a year. How much can that person generate realistically for the owner per year?

donno, Ofer
I'm a terrible businessman and more than a little lazy....

Chris can/will answer better than me

In the rehabs (that was my bread 'n butter starting around '01) $50k in wages brought in appx $125k gross with costs much less than putting a van and TM on the road

..L.T.A.

Reactions: ruff and Chris A
F

FB7777

‘Marty logic’ is just another way of saying ‘old people racism’

my high school sweetheart was Jewish... when I told my mother she asked how her parents felt about their daughter dating a non Jew

I told her ‘ no better than how you feel about me dating one’

Reactions: Cleanworks and ruff

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
‘Marty logic’ is just another way of saying ‘old people racism’

my high school sweetheart was Jewish... when I told my mother she asked how her parents felt about their daughter dating a non Jew

I told her ‘ no better than how you feel about me dating one’
Soooooo
You've had this social affliction most if not all yor lif......?

F

FB7777

GFY

’respecting your elders’ is an earned privilege

and the currency is wisdom , not revolutions around the sun

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom