pay tech

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I'm pretty busy and want to hire a tech to help me. Just curious how people pay? I was thinking paying a percent of the job. If a percent I was wondering what was a fair percent.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I pay a percent to my techs, generally around 25% per van. It has to be enough for the tech to make a living. Since its pretty laborous work if you dont pay them a decent amount they wont stick around long.

S

sam miller

PTMatt said:
I pay a percent to my techs, generally around 25% per van. It has to be enough for the tech to make a living. Since its pretty laborous work if you dont pay them a decent amount they wont stick around long.

Ya he's talking a helper not a lead tech flying solo!

It depends how much You charge! a good helper well save You time and increase productivity!

Minimum 10 percent!

S

sam miller

PTMatt said:

Ya he's talking a helper not a lead tech flying solo!

It depends how much You charge! a good helper well save You time and increase productivity!

Minimum 10 percent!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I do 10% which equals out to about $12 an hour for a good assistant. I don't technically guarantee him anything but if we have a badly scheduled day or a job that takes WAAAY to long I'll throw him an extra bone.

keithk

10% plus lunch. We average $150.00 an hour not including drive time. So he's getting $15. an hour when we are working. Seems to work out good for both of us. Start him at 8% make him earn the 10%.

Back
Top Bottom