Phoenix instead of portable

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Did a job yesterday for an old client that I have been servicing for years. Their carpet is a loop style, nylon with square indentations which are to extract properly. I normally use a combo or crb and portable but as they are quite elderly and shuffle their feet, the traffic lanes are always quite evident. I decided to use the Phoenix this time with Saiger's code Red of encaps. Came out much better and took half the time. I asked the clients if they would prefer me to use the portable next time and the gentleman says, "hell no". This method is much quieter.

Name
Jeff T
We did the kitchen @ a retirement complex a few nights ago.

Even though the residents were forewarned a month in advance , I still had 3 complaints on the TM side of the building. Next time? CRB, and porty extract….

I’ll hide the porty in the chefs office, or the dry goods storage room…

We shut down by 10 PM, probably 3 hrs too late.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My PEX is about as quite a porty as I’ve heard.
The pump makes the most noise. It’s not annoying at all. Cimex or orbiter for senior homes.

Reactions: AlienAgent

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Another issue with portables is that they pollute the room with moist, foul waste tank air, especially if you don't rinse and deodorize the waste tank between jobs.

I remember using a portable in a place and seeing condensation on the windows when I was done.

It's difficult for carpet and furniture to dry if you get the air to the point of saturation.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
If it ain’t absolutely trashed, it’s being cleaned with the Phoenix or Cimex at this point. The clients are happy, the results are great, the noise levels are much lower… it’s a win all the way around.

I predict 10 years from now the truckmount manufacturers will be selling less than half the units they have been moving in years past. As the old HWE guys retire or die off a new generation will take their place using low moisture products and procedures.

Yesterday evening I had a medical center to clean with both new carpet and LVT. My son was on the Cimex for carpet, I was on the Phoenix doing the LVT halls and exam rooms. He was done in 15 minutes, I finished up about 45 minutes later. If we had $10 in the whole job I’d be surprised. It would’ve taken us an hour just to do the setup and breakdown using the truckmount in that setting. Doors staying closed and locked during service is another huge selling point.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I predict 10 years from now the truckmount manufacturers will be selling less than half the units they have been moving in years past. As the old HWE guys retire or die off a new generation will take their place using low moisture products and procedures.

I am seeing this trend very clearly already, and am changing my supply and training positions accordingly.

In the mid 1970s, the same thing was occuring between in-plant cleaners, as well as carpet shampooers vs hot water extraction and especially truck mount guys.

Back then, truck mount cleaners and suppliers were the "weirdos" the "establishment" made fun of.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m using my Pex in 2nd story classrooms right now. Haven’t broke out the truckmount
yet, but I will. But, I wouldn’t have to.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We did the kitchen @ a retirement complex a few nights ago.

Even though the residents were forewarned a month in advance , I still had 3 complaints on the TM side of the building. Next time? CRB, and porty extract….

I’ll hide the porty in the chefs office, or the dry goods storage room…

We shut down by 10 PM, probably 3 hrs too late.
Vacuum, crb with the trays on then use the Phoenix. Nobody will know you're there.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Another issue with portables is that they pollute the room with moist, foul waste tank air, especially if you don't rinse and deodorize the waste tank between jobs.

I remember using a portable in a place and seeing condensation on the windows when I was done.

It's difficult for carpet and furniture to dry if you get the air to the point of saturation.

They're also good for setting off smoke detectors..
2 weeks ago I evacuated a 4 story apartment building. Their cleaners wedged open a hallway fire door, the condensation from portable triggered the buildings alarm.
Thankfully our firebrigade doesn't charge for false callouts anymore 🤯

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They're also good for setting off smoke detectors..
2 weeks ago I evacuated a 4 story apartment building. Their cleaners wedged open a hallway fire door, the condensation from portable triggered the buildings alarm.
Thankfully our firebrigade doesn't charge for false callouts anymore 🤯
I had a building that I set off the smoke detectors with my prespray. Was using some orange d'limonene garbage.

Reactions: Hack Attack
Name
Jeff T
Vacuum, crb with the trays on then use the Phoenix. Nobody will know you're there.
It’s commercial rubber flooring. I don’t think that will do.

We charge to remove the built up grease.

I don’t mind doing the job, as the chef has his Shyte Together.

Super organized, super clean.

It’s only an issue with the elderly residents that live on site.

I understand the issue.

However, it can’t be helped.

The building is 4 floors, and 3 separate wings.

The cost of admission starts @ 5k a month, and the best suite is 16K a month.

The chef was poached from the Waldorf Astoria in NY….

Every time we go there, I want to join the residents for dinner…

All we get to do is clean the dinning area, the service halls, and the kitchen floor.

Name
Nate W.
I am seeing this trend very clearly already, and am changing my supply and training positions accordingly.

In the mid 1970s, the same thing was occuring between in-plant cleaners, as well as carpet shampooers vs hot water extraction and especially truck mount guys.

Back then, truck mount cleaners and suppliers were the "weirdos" the "establishment" made fun of.

What was once old, is now new again.. Top down drying was a thing in the 1980's....Then floating the carpet, then re-introduced top down drying again..

I say use what best fits the situation at hand.. Not what is easier for the elderly cleaner.. :shifty:

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What was once old, is now new again.. Top down drying was a thing in the 1980's....Then floating the carpet, then re-introduced top down drying again..

I say use what best fits the situation at hand.. Not what is easier for the elderly cleaner.. :shifty:

In the 70s Prochem had a deodorizer called “Burn Out” (an unfortunate name, as was the cleaners association known as AIDS, and the Hydrahoe cleaning wand...but I digress).

The main ingredient was chlorine dioxide....

As Rust Cohle said in True Detective: “Time is a flat circle. Everything we’ve ever done, or will do, we’re gonna do over, and over and over again”

(He is quoting Nietzsche in the first sentence)

In any event, so it is in the cleaning industry

Reactions: Nate The Great
Back
Top Bottom