Picture-020.jpg

Picture-021.jpg

Picture-022.jpg

Picture-023.jpg

Picture-024.jpg

Picture-025.jpg

Picture-026.jpg

G

I had that rack installed about a month ago for rugs. I love it. I'm glad I got the high box.

Dave

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The best pic in the bunch is Dave with the SAWZALL and a BIG grin on his face!

Good job Dave, let us know how it works.

Take care,
Lisa

Billy

Name
BH
truckmount girl said:
The best pic in the bunch is Dave with the SAWZALL and a BIG grin on his face!

Good job Dave, let us know how it works.

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa I cropped out the part where it isn't even plugged in :lol: .

G

Joe, the guy doing the welding wanted me to pose for a picture. I was the supervisor. I had to make sure he did his job right and of coarse get him tools as he needed and ask him a lot of questions which probably annoyed him.

Dave

Bruce Parsons

Dave,

I really liked how you ran the pipes under the truck and out through the side,

which of course allowed you to eliminate not going through the I beam. Looks

great, can't wait to talk to you later this week about how much, if any, differance you feel it made.

I'll also let you know how we make out with Jeff's conversion box.

-Bruce

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

The stainless rug rack is a great idea. They should slide easily once past the front edge.

Next time you do some more welding, you could add a piece of the 2.5" tubing to the leading edge for easier entry. Those orientals can be heavy after a long day of pushing the wand.

Very well-done install.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you can get a roller like this about any size you want and put it on the leading edge of the rack to help glide in the rugs.........

image004.jpg

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 205
G

Bruce,

I liked how we did it that way too.

Larry,

The rugs are real easy to put on the rack and they slide nicely.

Chad,

We did polish the tips.

Dave

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Looks good Dave, but what I cannot understand, all you guys with these big trucks. Why don't you put outside boxes that mount underneath the truck box.

It seems you could utilize the space and cut out the crawling in and out of the back.

Have a box for chems, tools, tool box, extras.

Just my observance.

harryhides

Name
Tony
In our climate, I think that those metal pipes under the truck would ice up pretty quick. Otherwise it looks great, Dave.

:)

G

RHYDE,

He tig welded them. He doesn't weld everyday but did the best that he could. It looks pretty good overall.

Vincent,

My box is set up real good. I don't need to get up in the truck too much. I don't think the boxes would help me much and I surely couldn't put chemicals in a box under the truck in the winter.

Tony,

We get below zero air temperatures here in Chicago and have never had the vacuum tube freeze. When the water goes through there it is moving. I'm sure there is a little frozen moisture in there.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
is your truck normally this empty or did you remove alot of thing to do this work

G

Tony,

We get minus 10 in Chicago. What, do you think it doesn't get cold here? This winter is not like a winter. I'm sure we will get cold before we know it.

Jim,

I don't have any racks but everything has a place. I have an RX 20, Rotary, Cimex, 2 3m multisprayers, roto vac, airpath, ramp, bucket of salt for snowy days, shovel, cones, 2 cushion caddy's, a rubbermaid bin with 15 moving blankets. I'm sure there's more.

Dave

G

Tony,

There is a n Aero Tech sashkwatch Canada, way north and they had no problems with theirs. I know I spelled sashkwatch wrong.

Dave

R

R W

Dave...did you increase the size of the blower filters?? 2" blower filters won't increase the airflow. Talk to Greenie about it.

G

RW,

If you are talking about the filters on the waste tank, I got rid of those a year ago. Inline filters of any size cause restriction. The filters inside my tank are the same. Believe me I have way more suction than you can imagine plus I have a 2.5 inch super Y. Now I can still use both ports or run 5 to the door. Even more suction.

Dave

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Dave, nice looking mod. I think the province you meant is Saskatchewan? Any idea what city?

P.S. Is that a PC hand tool that came unglued...had the same thing happen to mine, hacked her back together with some vinyl tape. Suprised myself, looks good & still holding after 6 months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom