plantar fasciitis

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Anyone had it???

whats some good ways to beat it....

cuz its a bitch.....while working my feet get a little tired...

BUT THEN when driving in between jobs.....WOOOO it hurts to get out..

or when i get home, do some paper work, or just take a rest...those 1st steps...DAMN it hurts...

looks like a trip to the doc maybe in order to....

James Cooper

Name
James Cooper
go to you tube and you should be able to find a video to learn how to tape your foot. Mine was killing me and it wasnt helping anything playing Rugby, I taped it up and after I finished playing took the tape off and it stopped hurting . You should try it because it will work.

devocean

I have the same problem with my right foot,i bought an expensive set of arch supports that seem to help a lot. I go to the gym 3-4 days a week and stretching really helps me.Go on line and look them up. Good luck.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Stretch the tendons more. Stand with the balls of your foot on a step, the heels hanging over and stretch them downward. Do this as often as you think of it. Take ibuprofen. It will flare up and get better, then flare up again. It sucks getting old.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Nate W.
Do yoga like I do and you won't have that problem!! Stretching stretching and some more stretching helps more then you think... !gotcha!

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I wear orthotics in all my shoes all the time because I have it. I got mine from a chiropractor I clean for, they are like the Alzner ones sold on infomercials a few years ago. I would not go a day without mine. Cost me $100 have been using them several years now. I looked at th Dr. Schols ones at Wal Mart the other day, for about $40 look like they're worth a try.You won't be able to wear em all day right off wear em a little while take them out to give your feet a break then put back in. It will take about a week to get used to them all the time. Taping your arches properly helps too and you can try that before you buy some. Also a nice benefit is they improve your posture they also help me with some knee and hip issues.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
had it years ago and go a shot in the bottom of the foot.( steriod) it healed up nicely and i have never had another problem. i also have the inserts which were custom made for my foot.

gene

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have had it in my right foot arch for a year, along with the bone spur. Dr. says the bone spur doesn't do any harm. I agree with the stretching. Time will help it heal. I have had 2 cortizone shots also.

I have bought several different arch supports. I would stay away from The Good Feet store. The best procuct I have found that helped me was the Dr. Scholls arch support from Walmart and my foot Dr. added a metatarsal pad. And you really need good properly fitting shoes with good support. No more $40 nikes.

I have been buying Merrell shoes with Vibram soles. Some of the Merrell shoes will have enough room to were you can add the arch support to the shoes and leave the padded insert in the shoe.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
floorguy said:
Anyone had it???

,,,,looks like a trip to the doc maybe in order to....

I had it a dozen years ago. Definitely a trip to the doctor is in order. After diagnosis she will probably give you a shot of cortisone (liquid fire) and some stretching and icing instructions as mentioned above. You will feel better very quickly.
You should also get that shoulder checked out Doug. I had left shoulder pain for at least five years always getting worse, then I went to my doctor last january and pointed to the spot where the pain emanated from. He said that look like your bursa sac (never heard of it), he said I had shoulder bursitis (I heard of that), and he gave me a shot of cortisone there and the pain has cleared up completely.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Art Kelley said:
floorguy said:
Anyone had it???

I had it a dozen years ago. Definitely a trip to the doctor is in order. After diagnosis she will probably give you a shot of cortisone (liquid fire) and some stretching and icing instructions as mentioned above. You will feel better very quickly.
You should also get that shoulder checked out Doug. I had left shoulder pain for at least five years always getting worse, then I went to my doctor last january and pointed to the spot where the pain emanated from. He said that look like your bursa sac (never heard of it), he said I had shoulder bursitis (I heard of that), and he gave me a shot of cortisone there and the pain has cleared up completely.
Cortisone is a temporary solution. It will weaken the area and make the chance of a tear more likely.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I had Plantars Fascitis too about 10 years ago. I tried alot of the arch supports as well and nothing worked.

One day, I jumped out of the back of the pickup, expecting to land on my good foot, only to accidentally land on my bad (left) foot.

The pain was excruciating and I really thought I'd done myself some major damage that would last the rest of my life. BUT, within seven days ALL my pain was completely gone and I've never had that problem again.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've got it and can't get it to go away. Thanks for the tip on the sock Mikey. My doctor doesn't want me to do any exercises yet. Just ortho insert and try to rest it as much as possible.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
whatever it was that I had, my heel hurt like H when I walked on it.
I bought Reeboc DMX shoes, they had a air cushion in the heel and toe. Eventually my heel pain went away. No injections

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
KevinL said:
I've got it and can't get it to go away. Thanks for the tip on the sock Mikey. My doctor doesn't want me to do any exercises yet. Just ortho insert and try to rest it as much as possible.

how long???

I think i did it playing bball some how....because thinking back i remember my whole foot throbbing....

Jamesh921 said:
I had Plantars Fascitis too about 10 years ago. I tried alot of the arch supports as well and nothing worked.

One day, I jumped out of the back of the pickup, expecting to land on my good foot, only to accidentally land on my bad (left) foot.

The pain was excruciating and I really thought I'd done myself some major damage that would last the rest of my life. BUT, within seven days ALL my pain was completely gone and I've never had that problem again.

hey when you jumped out of the truck......did you have it then??? or was it that 1 week you had it???

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Art Kelley":1r3hw7od]
floorguy said:
Anyone had it???

Cortisone is a temporary solution. It will weaken the area and make the chance of a tear more likely.[/quote:1r3hw7od]

So they say. But if the cortisone shot takes care of the problem and you are healed for years, it is worth the risk.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Get a good, deep tissue massage therapist. Made all the difference in the world to me. BTW inserts from a podiatrists didn't help me at all.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got it years ago from doing interval training on a 220 track. The sprinting had me landing on the balls of my feet and that caused the problem. NOTHING I did would relieve it. I spent years dealing with it. (I never went to the doctor about it, so my recommendations are a do-it-yourself thing.) Merrill shoes were the ticket for me. After finding them, it took about a month for relief to take hold. I still wear them today, 15 years later. Merrill shoes were made with this problem in mind.

My wife got it in one of her feet from Lord only knows what. She never exercises. She went to all kinds of doctors and had a thousand recommendations. The shots to the tendon helped temporarily but after a series of them not working for long, they finally did the surgery. It took her a year to get over the surgery and finally get to walking normally, but it eventually worked and she is fine today.

I'm glad I just switched shoes.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Jamesh921 wrote:

hey when you jumped out of the truck......did you have it then??? or was it that 1 week you had it???

I suffereed with Plantars for over 3 years before jumping out of the bed of the truck. The hard jolt when my heel hit the ground was the cure.

I wouldn't suggest doing it, but it did work for me.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I have had problems for years with planters. Went to three different doctors. Most gave me shots and fitted me for shoe inserts (orthotics, sp?). It would help for a while, but the problem never went away. I finally went to a doctor in Dallas that tried a different approach. Yes, he gave me shots because my swelling was bad and prescribed Celebrex for 30 days straight. He gave me a wrap that goes around my ankle and another strap that supports my arch. I wore those for 60 days straight. I was given a list of stretching exercises, boots to wear to bed and specific instructions for deep tissue massage and went to physical therapy for a month. It really helped. When I have a flare up or know I'm going to be on my feet all day, I put on the ankle\arch straps again. Heal spurs are a result of not taking care of the problem. Mine are huge.

If you'll stretch as soon as you get out of bed, that will help. It's the first thing I do when I step out of bed, every single day!

Merrells are great shoes and New Balance 993 are worth every penny.

amygeorge

Name
Nate W.
amygeorge said:
I have had problems for years with planters. Went to three different doctors. Most gave me shots and fitted me for shoe inserts (orthotics, sp?). It would help for a while, but the problem never went away. I finally went to a doctor in Dallas that tried a different approach. Yes, he gave me shots because my swelling was bad and prescribed Celebrex for 30 days straight. He gave me a wrap that goes around my ankle and another strap that supports my arch. I wore those for 60 days straight. I was given a list of stretching exercises, boots to wear to bed and specific instructions for deep tissue massage and went to physical therapy for a month. It really helped. When I have a flare up or know I'm going to be on my feet all day, I put on the ankle\arch straps again. Heal spurs are a result of not taking care of the problem. Mine are huge.

If you'll stretch as soon as you get out of bed, that will help. It's the first thing I do when I step out of bed, every single day!

Merrells are great shoes and New Balance 993 are worth every penny.

amygeorge

That's a true Texan!! :mrgreen:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Marty said:
Merrill shoes were the ticket for me. I still wear them today, 15 years later.

I'm glad I just switched shoes.

I bet your wife is also Marty, crikey, fifteen years in one pair of shoes..... :p :shock:

Touch wood, I guess I have been fortunate, I've never heard of this problem let alone suffered from it.

Lucky I'm still young and fit I guess. ??

But I may start doing those exercises Lisa recommended for when I get old, just in case.

Does anyone know what causes this Plantars (?), prevention is better than cure.

Shorty.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Ya, exercise causes it. At least for me. I was running on the treadmill and woke up the next morning with stabbing pain in my heal and arch. It's been about 3 months now. I'm ready for a shot of something.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I think i landed wrong or something playing ball a few mths ago..... at the time i remember my whole foot throbbing...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I believe they are one in the same. Heel spurs...plantar fasciitis. I started with pain about 10 years ago. Had inserts made ($300), injections, stretching. Then it just went away. It kicked up again last year, and more injections, stretching.....and I was wearing "night splints" while sleeping. They helped. Right now....no pain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom