PMF Mach12 Titanium wand loaner program

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Bill Miller approved 1.5 wand, only if I'll hike with him at 630 am.
image.jpeg

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I believe @D Luke has an update for us..

Seriously the more I use this wand the more I like it.

The manifold is super adjustable which is great, but have you ever had that feeling when you're watching TV and you have 200 channels to pick from so you can never settle on any one thing? Well that's kind of how it felt, no matter how great it was cleaning, you always felt like you could make a tweak here or there.

Anyway, after using it for a while you realize there is really only 2 ways to go. Manifold way back on the curved bracket pointing toward the glide for more shear, or manifold tight up against the head for more traditional set-up.

Settled on it like this:
20160106_124859.jpg

From the other angle you can see the manifold is just barely resting on the tube (the horizontal adjustment is actually bottomed out as close as it will go):
20160106_124920.jpg

That's how I have found it to work best, but it's easy to adjust and test.

I don't know how to say it any other way that hasn't been said, but this wand is fantastic.

Mike has mentioned that he doesn't recommend it for trashed stuff. I guess that's true if you're comparing it to a rotary, but as far as wands, it cleans just as good (or better) than any other wand I have used be it 2", heavier, or unglided.

Highly recommend you don't let the 1 1/2" tube deter you. This wand in no way feels like a toy like I thought it might. Super light yet flows air like a 2" and the beefy valve handle makes it so the tube doesn't feel too thin.

Length seems perfect. I think Mike said it is 1" longer than stock.

Just an all around pleasure to use. At least get your mitts on the test model if nothing else.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Better include some negatives. All that jumps out at me is:

-PMF vac adapter is high quality but way too long. Hoping to either find a whip I like or look into having someone flare the wand end to 2"

-The support pin between the lips is of course a hairball magnet.

-Edges about as well as a typical Green Glide. I thought it might be a bit better with the 2 piece glide.

-If you set the manifold back on the curve for high shear the jets will dig in to the carpet if you extend the wand way out in front of you to clean under a table/bed/whatever.

Reactions: Jimmy L

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
If you don't want to cut them off you could take the manifold brakets and bend them around a curved object like maybe a 1" or 1.5" object and create more of a ARC type bracket that would keep the jets the same distance from carpet but give you a more shear effect. For those that are into that.

I'm not so sure how effective the shear part is as a fiber that is 100% wet with no shear is still 100% wet with full shear.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm losing patience with this................why not send one to everyone at the same damn time?

We are going on 45 days out and I see nothing!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'm losing patience with this................why not send one to everyone at the same damn time?
We are going on 45 days out and I see nothing!

Jimmy, not to change the subject, but weren't you testing out a new stair tool a while back? I'm in need! You remember who made it?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No never tested a new stair tool. I wanted PMF to make a 2 inch tubed version of the swivel head stair tool. But they don't listen.

Mikey P

Administrator
@Lee Stockwell if you get the first one are you willing to mess around with the manifolds?

Jim is short on time..

Derek and mine definitely needed tweaking. The pmf assembler has a different idea of perfection than what us nerds do.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
THIS IS MADNESS! PMF GETS YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT MAKE THAT FOOKIN 2 INCH TUBE SWIVEL HEAD STAIR TOOL! JC! PMF!

BITCH!

Reactions: jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom