Positive Thoughts And Prayers Please

Willy P

Name
Willy P
My 15 year old son is going through a battery of tests, scans and such. He's been running a fever since before Christmas and complaining about hip pain. No cold or flu symptoms, just really weak and he doesn't have any energy. The doctors are stumped so far. Today it's a CAT scan. I'm at a loss and feel horribly powerless. Thanks

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Praying for you and your Family Willy. Hang tough brother we are with you during this time of need.

Chris & Cat

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Thanks. The sense of being unable to do anything is overwhelming. I may indeed be a crusty old SOB, but I love my children deeply and would go to any length for their health and safety. CAT scan today with more blood tests. I just feel so useless.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Thanks. The sense of being unable to do anything is overwhelming. I may indeed be a crusty old SOB, but I love my children deeply and would go to any length for their health and safety. CAT scan today with more blood tests. I just feel so useless.

Your a Wonderful Father! and FAR from useless! Turn off all the attention grabbing things in the way and focus on your son today.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm sorry he is going through this, and you as well.

Could it be a problem with bladder or kidneys that he feels in the hip? Any recent injuries to the area?

I hope they find his problem and it is quickly and easily taken care of.

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's the toughest thing, seeing your child suffer but not able to do anything to help. :dejection:

Hopefully they get it figured out and he springs back up soon.

You're a good caring man, despite what I say about you! :p

Hang in the Willy!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Willy. God speed to your son feeling better

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Prayers for your son and family. Hang in there, it is so hard not being able to just fix it
for them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Willy I ain't much of a praying man but I will say a few prayers for you and your son.

Let us know

Mikey P

Administrator
Our whole virtual community here will be hoping, thinking and praying for you and your son today Willy.

Good luck buddy, keep us up to date please..

Jerry

Supportive Member
Thoughts and prayers for you Willey, hopefully its just a virus or something simple, God is in control!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Not a good day. The CT scan revealed a mass 3 centimeters by 6 in his pelvic area. I took him and his mother over to children's hospital to meet with an oncologist. They did say it could be something other than cancer. They'll do the biopsy tomorrow. Keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming.And hug your kids.

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
He's still not out of the woods yet, but the signs are towards improvement. I stayed in his hospital room with him last night and he didn't get much sleep. In a lot of pain. They did up his pain meds after taking into account hiss 6'5" and 235 pound frame, but they based the meds on a normal sized 15 year old.He's not your average bear. ( I'd have made him a little bigger, but my foot slipped:winky:) But the fever is dropping steadily and he ate a little bit tonight for the first time in 10 days.His blood pressure has stabilized and he's absorbing up to 90% the normal amount of oxygen. He's just really weak after all this. I'm so very proud of his emotional strength- not a tear or anything after meeting with his oncology team, just quiet determination. Most all of us would have been filled with fear , but not my boy.
The bad - they figure his appendix became septic, and the tissue formed around it. There's going to be further surgeries, and not pleasant ones for him, but not until they get his strength built up. He's on a strong regimen of intravenous antibiotics and the surgery he'll be up for isn't pleasant because of the way the tissue has formed around the site. But it's way better than where we started.

Don't give up on the prayers or positive thoughts PLEASE!
He's still just a sick little boy.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And not just for my boy. He's still in the oncology ward and some of the little kids and babies there just break my heart on pieces. They're tiny little bodies fighting so bravely is tough to see, but also as inspiring as the staff that tends to them.

Reactions: Soxpac
Back
Top Bottom