Powder rinses and fuel fired units..

Mikey P

Administrator
Zee had this to say in a auction and I thought it was worthy of a conversation

What exactly ion the formula is creating the issue?
Do other powders do the same?
A while back some of us were having issues with Soap Free causing corrosion on brass parts but this sounds like a different issue..

Masterblend Rage is good.

BUT.

If you have a fuel fired heater that operates with a flow switch- DON'T use it. The white powdery build up in your hoses and heater WILL get your flow switch stuck and get your burner burn full blast even when you have no water running thru the system.

It is dangerous.

I tested it a bunch of times where I normally run acidic rinses (Endzone, Last step) and my system is clean and never a problem anymore with the flowswitch. Now if occasionally I mix in the powder emulsifier (Rage) and meter it thru instead of the acidic liquid rinses, it is 100% of the times will create a flow switch stuck situation.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dunno....BUT....
where is his secondary shut off??? temp switch??

if mine stayed full blast, and it hits 250...it shuts it down...now granted it has to flow to hit it....but still....

all the more reason to (ha cant think of the word....:hopeless:)

more offten

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I use Procyon and yes the flow switches do fail but, always in the off position, I think this would be an issue no matter what rise was used. I do not see it eating bass and have used procyon for 10 years.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
You should bw running an acid rinse with an lg heater. Its ok to use one on occasion like dry slurry but not all the Time, deliming a machine is non existent with an acid rinse.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have used Dry Slurry forever and never had any build up or problems with my LG. I only used softened water and never delime the unit.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Perhaps its the specific flowswitch that is used on the El Diablos. (I used a propane burner for years from Duuuane that was a completely different flowswitch which didn't have that much of an issue)

I usually pull out the inside of the switch with the spring and just clean it up sometime polish it a bit and put it back and its good as new. But like I said its never a problem with regular water or acid rinse but with powder emulsifiers.

Two specific emulsifiers that presented the stuck switch problem. Rage and Kleenline (Shawn F). I can't comment on other powders because I never use them.

I use regular fresh water not soft water.

The termostate I set at 230-240.

When the switch is stuck the flame is on and I have watched my pressure build up over 2000psi inside the unit just from the heating up. I do think that it is rather dangerous for the system and or the person nearest to the heater.

I think the temp sensor is too far from the actual heater on the Diablo and even if you had it set at 150, the heater may explode before the steam from the out of control heater reaches the temp sensor.

I suggested to Masterblend a couple years ago, that the temp sensor should be a lot closer, if not inside, the diesel burner for safety. That way it would shut down the flame even if the flow switch is stuck on the on position.

Steve Smith

Perhaps its the specific flowswitch that is used on the El Diablos. (I used a propane burner for years from Duuuane that was a completely different flowswitch which didn't have that much of an issue)

I usually pull out the inside of the switch with the spring and just clean it up sometime polish it a bit and put it back and its good as new. But like I said its never a problem with regular water or acid rinse but with powder emulsifiers.

Two specific emulsifiers that presented the stuck switch problem. Rage and Kleenline (Shawn F). I can't comment on other powders because I never use them.

I use regular fresh water not soft water.

It's not the flow switch that is the problem.

It's the result of not using soft water.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's not the flow switch that is the problem.

It's the result of not using soft water.

It is the flowswitch AND powder emulsifiers problem Steve. Interestingly enough I never have any issues with regular water running thru the system except with the powders and this specific flowswitch.

I have been running truckmounts for the past 12 years so I know when and what happens to my units.

Its all good. though- I only use acidic rinses and never have an issue anymore. I just brought it up as a caution for those with less experience.

Steve Smith

Zee, I'm glad you found a solution that works for you.

I was just addressing Mikey's original post where you were quoted saying MasterBlend Rage is good, but it you have a fuel fired heater with flow switch don't use it.

What I'm trying to say is if you are using soft water you won't have a problem with the white buildup or the flow switch.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Zee had this to say in a auction and I thought it was worthy of a conversation

What exactly in the formula is creating the issue?
Do other powders do the same?
A while back some of us were having issues with Soap Free causing corrosion on brass parts but this sounds like a different issue..

Mikey;

It depends on the powder formulation, and more importantly, the builders used.

Some will leave a considerable residue.

Some are just like SoapFree, and will leave clean metal:

Our Dynachem Stainresist Powder;

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/inde...h_in_description=1&keyword=stainresist+powder

We usually recommend prespraying the powder . . .

and using a fresh water rinse for the least residue on the carpet fiber.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom