Pressure Regulator Leaking

Name
I'm Rick James
I replaced my pressure regulator on my HMa couple of years ago and now its starting to leak down and out of the regulator shaft. Is there a rebuild kit, or should I just buy a new one?

Its the metal handle style.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
puscifeR said:
I replaced my pressure regulator on my HMa couple of years ago and now its starting to leak down and out of the regulator shaft. Is there a rebuild kit, or should I just buy a new one?

Its the metal handle style.

If it is the one with the large brass knob they will usually take a couple rebuild kits
before they are completely whipped (worn out) brass body.

Bob will be along shortly claiming there is nothing better than a SS Paraplate
and WTF would use anything else.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
If it is a brass one there is really only one o-ring in it. I rebuild mine in place on the truckmount. unscrew brass knob, remove c clip, turn machine on to an idle and gently pinch the return line going back to the tank. The plunger will fall into your hand. Change o-ring, I use viton ones, (get an assorted O-ring kit from harbor freight or ebay has a couple viton o-ring kits cheap). Then back together. 5 minute process.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
have i mentioned how great these stainless Paraplate Reg are....
they's the cats ass
fo real!

oh yea.....WTF would anyone use brass?

parap.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
idreadnought said:
If it is a brass one there is really only one o-ring in it. I rebuild mine in place on the truckmount. unscrew brass knob, remove c clip, turn machine on to an idle and gently pinch the return line going back to the tank. The plunger will fall into your hand. Change o-ring, I use viton ones, (get an assorted O-ring kit from harbor freight or ebay has a couple viton o-ring kits cheap). Then back together. 5 minute process.

What size O ring do i need?

Name
I'm Rick James
Re: Pressure Regulator Leaking UPDATE

I bought the O rings, funny I had to buy 180 of them. How and where do I put the o ring at. I unscrewed it and it didnt have one in there so I have no reference. I tried a couple different places but it still leaks.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

puscifeR said:
I bought the O rings, funny I had to buy 180 of them. How and where do I put the o ring at. I unscrewed it and it didnt have one in there so I have no reference. I tried a couple different places but it still leaks.
did i mention the Paraplate regulators.....?

paraplate.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James

puscifeR said:

Bump

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
brent...i have no idea WTF you got there...but a picture would hep.........
can you put a penny behind the spring and get more pressure?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
After you remove the brass knob can you pull out the stem?

If so does it have a rubber seal about the size of a dime and about 3/16" thick?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom