Price is not an issue, describe your dream truckmount..

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Dan said: ↑
I'm really good with mirrors but I'm not sure how long I can hold 65 in reverse.
lol, there's an element of truth to that. One adjustment here in KY may entail backing up steep driveways or looser gravel. I've learned with the Toyota Sienna to make that adjustment.

When the wife and I lived in AZ, I worked for a paving company driving a dump truck. On real steep grades(mountains) you would have to back the truck up the twisty mountain gravel roads... If something happened to brakes or whatever, at least you could steer going down. Going down backwards down the hill, not a good idea. It was scary shat!

Reactions: Able 1

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My machine would come out of the world of old age tech. There are so many types of machines in this world that are so more advanced that do way more technical jobs with complete control.
Look at the way cars are made, computers are made, all being controlled with with accuracy
I would design a TM that would be able to be controlled remotely, rpm, heat, amount of lift even, think about how handy these things would be. Never have to go out to the truck to make adjustments.
Be designed more like AT type truck were you have the room to make it all happen.
Tim and his machines he builds for the wine industry is so flipping amazing. They have to control the temps of wine to the degree and they do it day in day out.
Tim looks at my legend and has looked on the web at other TM's and is amazed that new tech is not being introduced to them.
Tim has said that the TM's are on the edge of having to step up or go under due to newer environmental laws, water conservation rules, pollution laws, the more strict they become the more they will have to step into newer tech to get them there.
Not many years ago we just dumped hot water....now they are getting much better at keeping it in the system and not wasting as much. Pro Chem and there E-Idle these are here because I believe they need to be as the rules become harder on them to make them conform to newer rules.
The cost of fuel will more than likely go up again, and water is a major concern, and the cost to get it to us is always going to go up.
Get ready to pay more for them this is not going to come cheap, but it is the way things have to go, Business' will go under if they are not really making a profit to move into the higher priced machines. That does suck for a lot of us, but for the ones that can it will just solidify them and create more demand for them.
Not so many will just wake up one day and say I AM GOING TO BE A CARPET CLEANER as the cost will be much higher to just jump in.
Okay there is my speech and crazy foresight of what the future holds for cc's and this profession.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Look at the new vans we are now being offered, it is the future and it is happening now. We have to adapt to it or fade away with the old. This is the funny thing we are talking about it now but in 5 years from now if we are still here what will we be driving,
I love my van but she is rusting away slowly and no matter how much I love her...her time will come. I love the new vans and I would own one right now but my money and energy are focused on the things I want to make, when I get them done I will be doing what I love I really like carpet cleaning, and I will be driving a new style van. If I am not to old and crippled to do it.

Reactions: jwfoulk12

Mike Draper

exactly what i have now. I dreamed about building it for years. I carry every tool I need for all my jobs. Everything has an organized place to go. Plenty of heat and suction, Auxillary fuel tank for my Judson that holds an extra 32 gallons of gas, propane tank that can go 120 hours between fillups. Even have my own power supply on board for those apartments that have power turned off. 200 gallon fresh water tank. Bwtween all my jobs this year i only added 6,600 miles to my truck so fuel is not an issue. I love it.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Probably a high heat Butler in an extended 1 ton (Chevy/Ford?). Pimped with large waste tank, big blower, electric reels.

I just don't know how I'd fit all my stuff....

...and put spinner rims on it.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
A vortex truck with 2 SS570 side by side. Never down and true duel wand. Generator on board and all of the toys. Racks with lots of overhead storage.

Has any one bought a gorilla box truck yet. Just curious if they have sold one. Looks cool but you would think its made of stainless at that price.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
One that would not eat so much of my capital. I have spent $250k so far on trucks and if i stay in this business another 20 years I will drop another $500. The capital investments is killer.

I would love a truck mount that can equal our CDS 4.8's in performance and fit in a smaller foot print.

I truck that would allow us to park 6 indoors in place of the 4 we have.

Better yet one that does not have to be winterized every night in cold environments. One that can be parked outside so I do not need buildings like our friends in the south.

Chris A

Name
Chris
One that would not eat so much of my capital. I have spent $250k so far on trucks and if i stay in this business another 20 years I will drop another $500. The capital investments is killer.

Yeah but considering how much money they make that's a moot point. Look at trucking companies and guys that operate heavy equipment. Hell a new 4x4 crew cab dump truck for landscaping is 60k. Our equipment costs are still pretty low compared to other trades

hogjowl

Idiot™
There is no doubt that Tom is correct about the size of the investment we have to make in our equipment. However, there are options that provide the performance of his CDS units, in fact, there are cheaper units that perform better. I can purchase a $21,000 unit that will perform just as well as a $32,000 Butler. We can spend as much as we feel necessary, as long as we are capable of recouping our investment dollars.

But, this discussion is off the subject. Mikey clearly said "if price was not an issue".

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I like the aero tech and would of gone that route it they were available in 2006. Between the custom box, truck and machine it would of been just a little more for the aero tech. They just weren't made well when Shawn was involved. I would like to see stainless fitting everywhere the chemical touches. It doesn't add that much to the cost. I added it to my machine for just under 100 bucks. The Dwyer meter should be a 0-5 not a 0-10 and be adjustable. Having two controls allows for better precision which means less waste and saves money.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Yeah but considering how much money they make that's a moot point. Look at trucking companies and guys that operate heavy equipment. Hell a new 4x4 crew cab dump truck for landscaping is 60k. Our equipment costs are still pretty low compared to other trades
I was shocked to read Tom's complaint about the cost of equipment. He will spend 500K for his TMs over the next 20 years? And they will bring in 40M in that time? Cry me a river. He's the last person I would have ever thought would make a brokedick whine.

Reactions: jcooper and hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think the Aerotec is is an awesome machine and I would buy one in a minute. The monthly payment is not that much more than a fully decked out Butler. You just have to finance it two more years. The problem I have with an Aerotec is how inconvenient it is to drive in my market. You can't take that thing down some of the pig trails we have down here.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Becker

Name
Becker
Something reliable, not to loud, something that can dual wand, something that offers enough heat to dual wand, mounted in something that can hold what one needs for a biz that pretty much only does RES, gear enough for 2 wands. But compact enough to park and work in an over built community.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I like the aero tech and would of gone that route it they were available in 2006. They just weren't made well when Shawn was involved.

Gene, I feel a need to correct you-- sorta-- The Vortexs were made and designed and engineered by Aerotech when shawn was involved. And That is why Shawn lost the law suit with Aero tech. The problems arised when shawn had to scramble to find a new builder. That builder in Portland just wasn't as good as Aerotech. We need to thank Shawn for bringing the Vortex idea to AeroTech.

Shawn was with me in SF when he got the call about Aerotech's new demands in Revenue and he had to leave in a hurry to try to save his company. I was studying patent law n trademark law at the time and Shawn should have given into Aerotech because Shawn only marketed the vortex, Aerotech's engineers would design new improvements with each batch making them the "inventors"

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The best vortex machines were the series 777 number 10 and forward. Truck and truckmounts that work everyday for 14 plus years is just amazing.

Some of the original trucks got bad raps but that was a Venturi problem not an aerotech or vortex issue.

Whatever machine you buy if you don't maintain it it will fail and it will fail prematurely.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think the Aerotec is is an awesome machine and I would buy one in a minute. The monthly payment is not that much more than a fully decked out Butler. You just have to finance it two more years. The problem I have with an Aerotec is how inconvenient it is to drive in my market. You can't take that thing down some of the pig trails we have down here.

I'm with you on the pig trails....

I love everything about the power and set up of the Aerotech, just wouldn't work in my "neck of the woods" unless they could squeeze it into another type of extended van with great traction and maneuverability.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The best vortex machines were the series 777 number 10 and forward. Truck and truckmounts that work everyday for 14 plus years is just amazing.

Some of the original trucks got bad raps but that was a Venturi problem not an aerotech or vortex issue.

Whatever machine you buy if you don't maintain it it will fail and it will fail prematurely.

The 6008 series was the sweet spot....

Becker

Name
Becker
can anyone say what the best vortex was unless they owned them all?

Vortex was like that crazy chick you wanted to date, but never take home to mom, as she had no solid background, was a lost child.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
can anyone say what the best vortex was unless they owned them all?

Vortex was like that crazy chick you wanted to date, but never take home to mom, as she had no solid background, was a lost child.

You dont have to own them all....just work on them all...

Becker

Name
Becker
Different folks maintain their shit differently.

I'm ashamed to see past the barn doors of some of the cleaners I know.

Becker

Name
Becker
I used the same Hydramaster slide in from 1999-2012. 3 engines, but same pump and blower.
That little girl made me a lot of money, gave me a few head aches.

Now that machine in the hands of the average Joe 6 pack cleaner might have been a nightmare.
Over the years I have proven to myself I can fix and trouble shoot just about anything even beyond TMs.

My Thermalwave 2 years now, ane 1500 hrs, not even an adjustment of any sort. I feel like if I don't use my troubleshooting skills I might lose them.
Luckily I have a 405, that provides me with the slightest of hiccups.

Bjorn

well for 6k and some change all stainless steel simple easy to fix no propriety parts no computers just a simple robust little machine

newstuf011.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

Bjorn

you can have a lifan or brigs or mine has a Subaru the nice thing about the Harbor freight motor is you can replace it 7 days a week then buy the extended warranty you next engine is free. You can replace the motor cheaper than it is to fix most others.

In under an hour you can put a new motor on this machine.

Reactions: dgardner

Becker

Name
Becker
well for 6k and some change all stainless steel simple easy to fix no propriety parts no computers just a simple robust little machine

newstuf011.jpg

No disrespect, but $6,000?

Whats the heat propane, Heater Extra?

JonDon has a thermalwave 3000 hr ( Ernie's) for the $9k range. a 1/3 used up.

Is that a #3 blower?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom