pro 1200 owners...question

hogjowl

Idiot™
At risk of sea sickness, I want to ask. Why did Mikey and Bruder have to get involved in this? Couldn't Interlink, or whoever it was at Sapphire that took the call from Interlink, think about the situation Dave was in and try to initiate corrective action on their own?

I just don't understand the carelessness that is so common in our industry from so many people.

Now, having said that, let me also say to David ... this is what you get for buying so many different trucks from so many different people. NOBODY cares about you the way they would if you stuck with one mfg or distributor.

How do you think a buttwad like me ever managed to get TCS to like me? I've just stuck by them all these years. I'm like that asshole uncle you learn to love.

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
David, your too nice. you should have jumped all over interlink to get that part asap. your tm is still under warranty isn't it? somebody over there needs to get big head slap.

and is bruders the only one at sapphire customer service who has a clue about what it takes to get the job done? if somebody in phoenix took a call from interlink the first question that they sould ask is "is this machine under warranty????????" if it is then the manager or vp of customer service should give it the hightest priority. no this or that, maybe this week or maybe not......just get this part out so david or any other guy can get the machine back on the road and making money asap.

interlink probably didn't treat it like a big deal because david didn't buy the TM from them. that shouldn't happen especially if the machine is under warranty. Sapphire needs to step up and kick some interlink ass so that this doesn't happen to someone else.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am afraid the days of the independent distributor are numbered, but there is absolutely no way these big guys can compete with the likes of TCS. Even though TCS doesn't sell anywhere near the number of SS machines Interlink does, I can guarantee you that Mike at TCS (or Taliban Will) would have been ALL OVER THIS until the appropriate actions were taken. And they would have know without asking that it was a warranty claim.

In fact, I have been telling David to go to them ever since his first issue with that unit. But he is a stubborn doofus who won't listen to me.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Well only 2 more works to be down a truck and income.

Hopefully it is the right part and ready to go in Friday after delivery.

I like my under engineered TM a lot after reading these type posts.

Marty that Will slap was hilarious. Bet he has trouble at the airport check points.

Mikey P

Administrator
Look you dufuses, Brudered and I are taking care of buisness here.

Can you quit your whining and try take care of your buisness and equipment in a more manly and professional manner?

20150318_151340.jpg

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
My last post on this because of the last issue I don't want this 1200 issue to take on a life of its own like last January. I greatly appreciate Dennis reaching out to me on day one. I had no doubt Sapphire would step up and take care of things. On the other hand I also know that Dennis would most likely not have reached to me had it not been for my past history with the 1200 when I bought it. I know Mikey was on the phone to Sapphire telling them to hurry up and make this go away before we have another repeat of last year. If I was a regular smuck that didn't post here I would have waited till Interlink was good and ready before it got it fixed. I mentioned to them that I was in communication with Dennis at Sapphire and that I think they should just over night the part and I'll have Sapphire get in contact with you. The service guy says "umm yea well Ill just order it regular and let you know when it comes in and it could be 2 weeks. If I do hear from Sapphire great but you have to have them call me" They wouldn't reach out. So thats it. It is what it is. Again Thanks Sapphire and Dennis for taking care of me. My only suggestion to you is go the route of Butler and get rid of all your service centers. They make you look bad. Take it in house like Butler. You have great machines and great people working for you and your downfall will be the people in the service field who don't care about you because you are one of many that they deal with and to them your all the same.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I think most independent distributors would have done a better job taking care of this situation. Most of the Sapphire distributors that I know would have had a few clutches on the shelf. It's less than an hour to fix and most of the time is spent burnishing the clutch.
I have Butler customers all the time asking for our help. I pay what you pay for their parts therefore, I don't stock Butler parts. We order the parts needed and I ask the customer if they want to pay for overnight shipping. If they do than we have it the following day. Sapphire, Prochem, Hydramaster etc.
You really don't want to get rid of distributors.

F

FB7777

Now, having said that, let me also say to David ... this is what you get for buying so many different trucks from so many different people. NOBODY cares about you the way they would if you stuck with one mfg or distributor.

How do you think a buttwad like me ever managed to get TCS to like me? I've just stuck by them all these years. I'm like that asshole uncle you learn to love.
It isn't often I say this but ... damn Marty when you're right ,you're right

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Sorry I said that was last post but I wanted to point this out and forgot in the last post.
I get there and they want proof thats its under warrantee. Guy wanted to see my invoice when I bought it. Really! Who carries that around? I had to call Olson's office and have them fax a copy or I was going to have to pay. Do they not have a way to look it up?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think most independent distributors would have done a better job taking care of this situation. Most of the Sapphire distributors that I know would have had a few clutches on the shelf. It's less than an hour to fix and most of the time is spent burnishing the clutch.
I have Butler customers all the time asking for our help. I pay what you pay for their parts therefore, I don't stock Butler parts. We order the parts needed and I ask the customer if they want to pay for overnight shipping. If they do than we have it the following day. Sapphire, Prochem, Hydramaster etc.
You really don't want to get rid of distributors.

You can not expect a distributor to carry every part out there....But one would expect them to at least have key components...or to be able to get things in a timely manner....

very few cleaners can afford to have there machines sitting waiting for a part...for some reason they have seem to of forgotten that these machines are what pays our bills...and if they are not running in a timely manner...no one is going to making money.....

If I ran my own shop.....unless it was something completely out of my control....I would do everything in my power to make sure no one was down for more then 24 hours...

Reactions: ronbeatty
F

FB7777

Great points Jim

As a distributor, It's not your responsibility to carry every part or component in stock, but with next or 2nd day delivery you should be able to negotiate reasonable terms with your customer.

People purchase locally for support, the money you save not stocking items can be used to get the items in a timely manner. You're making money off the part and install.

F

FB7777

Sorry I said that was last post but I wanted to point this out and forgot in the last post.
I get there and they want proof thats its under warrantee. Guy wanted to see my invoice when I bought it. Really! Who carries that around? I had to call Olson's office and have them fax a copy or I was going to have to pay. Do they not have a way to look it up?
Dave, you seem to have a really good business going. Like Marty pointed out, I think perhaps its time to deal with one of two distributors for everything. You won't get jerked around if you do.

We all provide extraordinary service to our top 10%, I don't give it a second thought if my A listers call with an emergency and in order to service them I need to bump Mrs " I call every couple years" 2 room customer

Money talks, that's why some of these schmucks aren't listening to you

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Many lessons for all here, not just distributors.

As a cleaner how do you treat a client that has an emergency? If they call you with a spill or pet accident, do you rearrange your schedule to squeeze them in? Think about it, these people are your bread and butter that provides a living for you.

How do you treat a first time customer or one that calls you infrequently? The same as your client?

Or do you snub them or put them off? Or worse penalize them because they are not a regular user of your service. ???

Short sighted thinking if you don’t do everything you can for that caller. Who knows what potential sale is at risk. Who knows what circle of friends they have or interact with. Worse, one of your clients may have referred them to you, only for you to kick them in the teeth.

So while we can all frown at the way this went down, the real lesson to be learned is how we treat our own clients or potential clients.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm with Lee. Any bearing company can match it or better the bearing in seconds. I wouldn't of waited. Nobody would of ever know it was replaced. They don't come with serial numbers for gosh sakes.

Gene

Mikey P

Administrator
agreed.

Having owned a Butler and two VATS, I take care of as much stuff myself as possible.

A farmer;s machine could have fixed that bearing for $150.

What did the two trips and grief cost?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom