Pro1200se

steve_64

I mentioned popping the hood and my guy said better to leave it closed with a fan blowing at front of truck to allow it cool down under the truck too,
Said all the air would just go out the engine and not cool the underneath.
I don't believe it. Opening the hood allows all the hot air to escape imo. I see a very notable difference doing it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I don't believe it. Opening the hood allows all the hot air to escape imo. I see a very notable difference doing it.
Probably cools engine just doesn’t allow
Airflow throughly the engine under the car to cool underneath the van was what he was suggesting

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ok update, dealership says it’s two injectors and the engine needs to be torn down to fix.

No evap code. Like Empire came up with.

No problem with the catalytic converter.

But Chevy won’t touch it with after market parts, so no it’s a rough run Wednesday to Empire at 8 am for a quick pull of clutch and other parts, they’re gonna put a stock belt so I can drive it back and hopefully get it worked on.

Then once it's all fixed back to empire to reinstall parts.

2.5 hours times two! Probably $300-$500 for the Empire I would guess.

But the engine problems are under drivetrain warranty!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ok update, dealership says it’s two injectors and the engine needs to be torn down to fix.

No evap code. Like Empire came up with.

No problem with the catalytic converter.

But Chevy won’t touch it with after market parts, so no it’s a rough run Wednesday to Empire at 8 am for a quick pull of clutch and other parts, they’re gonna put a stock belt so I can drive it back and hopefully get it worked on.

Then once it's all fixed back to empire to reinstall parts.

2.5 hours times two! Probably $300-$500 for the Empire I would guess.

But the engine problems are under drivetrain warranty!
Engine doesn't need to be torn down to replace 2 injectors. Your dealer should be able to work on it as is. They're making you jump through hoops you shouldn't have to.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My local Chevy dealer hates me for not buying through them and gave me that “after market parts” excuse. The Chevy dealer that TCS bought it from said no problem and fixed the problem under warranty.
Mine from Oklahoma that dealership ain’t an option.

I probably don’t remember the exact problem but it runs like shit to maybe a compression problem

steve_64

Seems reasonable, but I didn’t see any change in my temperature gauge.
The van engine temp doesn't change but the temp around the front of the van and when I get in to go to the next job its nowhere near as hot inside.

steve_64

The hood is part of your cooling system. Just like the fan shroud. I have never had to pop the hood. Going to run my CDS for 6 hours straight on Thursday. Shouldn't be a problem.
The hood is designed to keep water out and needs that air movement to dissipate the heat. A fan underneath may work but I'm not running extension cords and putting a fan in the driveway. Popping the hood works for me on hot days.

steve_64

And the fan shroud is designed to cool the coolant in the radiator. That's what cools motor. That's why opening the hood doesn't effect engine temp. That's regulated by the thermostat.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I wonder if they'll do anything for all the guys left holding the bag from purchasing the last greatest direct drive ever...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom