Prochem Everest Resurrection!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Oops sumbitted before finishing the post. This is an everest we resurrected.
everest1.jpg
everest2.jpg

everest3.jpg
everest4.jpg

everest5.jpg
everest6.jpg

everest7.jpg
everest8.jpg

everest9.jpg
everest10.jpg

everest11.jpg

These are the Guys that performed the "laying of of the hands" that brought this back to life. Bud is on the Left and T-Dub on the right
everest12.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No..but it does have all new "wear" items, belts, gauges,hoses,chemical metering system etc. It is already installed and working for my good friends in Oregon. The used it for the first time yesterday and are extremely happy.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
steve g said:
I think you guys should have stayed with prochem blue

Would have if I could have got Prochem Blue Powder coat for the price I got teh red and Black we would have. We got the powder coat done at a screaming deal and the customer was ok with the choice before we did it (machine was pre-sold)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks. I have 50 or more pics I just choose a few to post. This is the 3rd one we have ressurected. We will be starting a Legend Ressurection this week.

T

The Magician

Nice job John......You must have bought up all of Nicks red spray paint cans. :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
John..

Does it have the NISSAN motor... :?:

if ..so..he has a great unit... 8)

I like the RED... :!:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes it is the Nissan Carb unit.

Nice job John......You must have bought up all of Nicks red spray paint cans.

Everything except the blower and the covers where sand blasted and powder coated.

lance

John, how much would it cost to do the job like you did? Did you replace the gauges or clean them up? How much time did it take for tear down and rebuild?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
lance said:
John, how much would it cost to do the job like you did? Did you replace the gauges or clean them up? How much time did it take for tear down and rebuild?
We was in it about 3k of pocket (parts,powder coat and labor) so around 4k if you brought one that looked like that to us. We replaced all the gauges,hoses,belts,brass etc.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
As long as the motor blower and pump are good it can be rebuilt. Now with that not all machines are worth rebuilding. The carbureted Nissan with only 4k was worth the investment.

Able 1

Name
Keith
What kind of paint do you use? Anything different for the hood?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Most of that was powder coated, the only "paint" was the black on the dash, and radiator. The air filter cover was painted gray, and the blower was painted grey.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Most of that was powder coated, the only "paint" was the black on the dash, and radiator. The air filter cover was painted gray, and the blower was painted grey.

Yeah, should have thought it was... :oops:

John, awesome job on the unit. Tell TW and Bud they do great work. I had a blast installing it with my brother-in-law. Once the truck is totally finished, I'll post some pictures of the inside. Truly a nice piece of equipment!

paulworkinger

Hi John,

David just clued me in on this post....great job of restoring the unit. We are jsut about done with our 'tweeking' of the installation. David said he will take some photos of the final installation and we/ll post it for everyone.

Thanks again for the great job!

N

NJ104

Hey John how much less is it to resurrect a Truck Mount. Is that what you do and if so how much roughly would it cost to do a resurection

John Olson

Name
John Olson
All depends on what I buy/you buy the machine for. As long as the frame is sound,engine,blower and pump are solid then it can be a good option

steve g

Name
steve garrett
if you buy an older machine I think the ones that were used out west here where its really dry like in AZ, NV, CO etc are going to have alot better frames I am talking prochems. when I ran prochems down in the swamp of central texas after a few years they would look like they had been in the ocean for a few years, contrast that with my machine up here in utah, its pushing 9 years old and does not have one spec of rust on the frame.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom