PROCHEM'S ULTRAPAK EXTREME!

steve_64

What does that have to do with his comment on following the mixing directions?
If its spraying 4 to 1 you use 4 scoops. If you think its 8 to 1 and use 8 scoops but you're really spraying 4 to 1 then you are using wayyy to much.

I mix with a courtesy hose for hot water from the machine. Sometimes tap water just isn't hot enough to break it all down.

But I haven't got my sample yet. Thinking of osr and code red.

Mikey P

Administrator
What does that have to do with his comment on following the mixing directions?

Because it The Damon.

The man with the ability to fvck up anything.

Months before this UE came out, 3 separate LB employees raved to me about how easy it disolves, which personal was never a selling point in a prespray. Mixing bucket? Never used one. Ive been using a HF since about 1990, ive ALWAYS just dumped the powder in and shook the F out of it.

If im wrong and Damon is right, I'll give him a tuck tuck on November 4th..

Mikey P

Administrator
He has 4 cases on the way due to a delay in sending out an old auction prize.

Bruders may want to include one of these..

48634_1_400x400.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I swear to God guys!

Ok, I use a 7qt HF with 8:1 tip. I know for sure I get 12 gallons RTU out of it because I regulate it by doing 5 gallon bucket tests every few months to make sure my tip is still siphoning properly. Yes, I lovingly mix all my powdered presprays in a bucket. I found this is gives better dilution and the aroma therapy from the steam is helpful. I've always done this and don't have issues. I mixed 24oz in my bucket and the following result you saw in the pic. After some stick time, it flowed down my funnel into my HF just fine.

I don't just dump my powder into my HF and shake it. I found the foam inhibits the ability to properly dissolve the powder after a few shakes and at times makes it foam out the little hole in the lid. So bucket mixing for me. This is actually why I prefer liquid presprays, but all the good stuff in bulk comes in powders. Whats a girl to do?

steve_64

I do like mike does.

Not all products dissolve the same.
I've had products foam up but I stop using them if they do.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A lot of presprays foam up when being mixed. I usually have a bottle of volatile solvent handy when mixing. A couple of squirts cuts the foam allowing you to fill the bottle up. I just mixed up some code Red this morning. 8 scoops to a 1 gallon hydro-force. Mixed it in a bucket with hot tap water stirring with a stick. Stirred for about 2 minutes then poured it off into the hydro force. Dissolved completely with no residue left in the bucket.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What about that toxic ingredient.........Ethylene oxide...in the ultrapak extreme.

Says it has a sweet odor

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
It all about solubility... Only so much can dissolve in water in room temp.

@Nomad74, @Matt Wood

if ya dont want to see solids, maintain high heat in bucket to keep it dissolved, or use less with 4:1. You will still to dissolve it in hot water at about 160degrees or more for that amount concentration..

I learned this in 3rd grade....you can only dissolve so much salt in water unless you increase water temp. High brine water will crystallized when it cools..

Name
BradFenstermaker
I wrap my funnel with knee high panty hose to filter going from bucket to hydro force jug.

I use primarily powder for bulk and $$ savings.

Reactions: Jimmy L

laura@legendbrands

Whipper Snapper
Name
Laura O
Today I cleaned two places that were both a mess. The first place was a Tanning Salon that hasn’t been cleaned in years. The other job was an olefin carpet I did for free. My buddy just lost his son, and with all the people coming over to pay their respects, his wife was embarrassed about their carpet. The white Olefin cleaned up well but there was just so much wear it still looked rough.

The ultrapac doesn't seem to mix well. After mixing in my special bucket and agitating the water, it was all settled at the bottom. I tried experimenting mixing it with both hot and cold water and it still was problematic. I eventually surrendered and used a stick to mix it. I’ll continue to mess around with it and see.

One thing that concerns me a little is how safe, aka “green” is this product? The warning label about Ethylene Oxide has my attention. I wear gloves.

Here are some pics and before and after pics of my day.

Love the before and after pictures. If you are having problems with Ultrapac Extreme dissolving, can you give me a call @Nomad74 602-327-9117? or e-mail me l.ortbahn@legendbrands.com just have a few questions.

Regarding your concerns about how safe this product is... Dealing with the State of California on regulatory issues has gotten to be rather challenging and a little crazy too. I’ll try to make this short and simple.

It is unknown if Ultrapac Extreme does in fact contain Ethylene Oxide. One of the raw materials we use calls out Ethylene Oxide on their SDS in trace amounts. Where it gets interesting is that the raw material uses it in parts per million. Then we use the raw material as a percentage in our formula and it is further diluted and is broken down and/or evaporates during the blending process. Because of how California law is written, we must prove it is not in our product. Equipment capable of calculating Ethylene Oxide to the level it might be present in the finished formula of Ultrapac Extreme is very expensive to purchase. If ethylene oxide is present it would be less than 1 part per million.

To put this into perspective:

1 ppm would be 1 grain of table salt out of 1 million grains of table salt

or

1 grain of table salt in 770 lbs. of table salt

I would not be surprised if you start to see Prop 65 warnings on more things you come in contact with including your morning cup of coffee. Below is a link to an article about how the warnings in California are getting a little out of hand: https://www.businessinsider.com/california-cancer-warnings-coffee-2018-4

Tom Forsythe

There is a saturation point for every powder, which varies widely. For example we have one product that will hold 38% of the weight of the formula in water at 120 degree F, but it drops to 24% at 70 degrees F. This can lead to powder falling out of the solution overnight at HF concentration levels. Another product only holds 16.9% of the weight of the formula in water at 120 degrees F, but it only drops to 16% at 70 degrees F. This why some Hydroforce dilutions are not consistent when compared with ready to use dilutions

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Thank you Laura. I appreciate your in-depth explanation. California sucks. The product works great. Feel free to use my pics for whatever if needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom