Propane tank

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
For those of you running a Little giant heater, What size propane tank do you have under the van and how long do you go between fill ups (hours of use)?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have the small one(10" diameter) . I use my #3 LG as a post heater and get about 30hrs truckmount running time. I would suggest getting the largest one that will fit under the van. I think I could have fit the 12" one under my GM extended van.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We always used 100lb belly tank, twice a week refills depending on hours run.

You can get smaller but then it just adds to your refueling trips.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Under my older truck I had a 18 gallon tank until the Northeast salt took it's toll on it.

The best I could find to replace it with was a 14 gallon tank from Manchester.

Anybody in need of one in Upstate NY, let me know. I still have it in storage from when
I pulled it off the van and went heat exchanger.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
11 gallon tank once or twice a week fill up with van running full force. If u have a 100 gallon tank and fill it up twice a week. Somethings wrong. No way u can be using that much propane

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
yes, lbs . I don't know it's been several decades since we used propane. I asked the only tech that was here then and that's what he told me.

Mike Draper

we have a 350 pound capacity or 85 gallons. last forever.:icon_cool:
P1000952.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Sorry we go by gallons my tanks an 11 gallon but holds around 7. Thats how we are charges so I dunno about pounds

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

Name
BradFenstermaker
My Tank is stamped 9.9 gals. Usually go 14 hrs of run time. If only residential I fill 1 a wk. Mix with commercial 2 times

Mike Draper

one thing to consider in cold weather. When you have a smaller tank "10 gallons" the propane evaporation is not the same as larger tanks. This makes a big difference in the winter when it comes to heating your water as it does not heat as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom