QUESTION......For all you "EnCRAPers"....

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
encapman said:
The encapsulation method is intended for keeping typical commercial carpets looking their best between periodic HWE cleanings.

Encapsulation = toilet paper
HWE = shower

You can wipe all day, but you still have to wash your ass.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
You guys are too funny. You're getting way too political about this. Lighten up a little. All these methods are just tools in the toolbox. You'll naturally want to select the right tool to fit the task at hand, like any professional businessman would. When it comes to commercial glue down carpet, encapsulation is a mighty powerful tool to have in the arsenal, but it's not the only tool. So choose the best method that will keep the carpet looking its best so you can keep your customer happy and maintain a profitable business. That's simple.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hi RICK,

I here great thing's about your Product....!

I Have one Question for you... :?:

Do you recommend that Daycare's, Nursery's, or Dentist offices... be Encapped or HWE...

(Assume that both process are being performed by a PROFESSIONAL)

Thank's

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
encapman said:
Truth be told, no method of carpet cleaning can truly "sanitize" a carpet. Some methods pull more contaminants from the carpet than others. And HWE has the potential to recover the highest amount of soil in a single shot. Encap is intended to serve as a maintenance system that will keep the carpet looking better/longer between HWE cleanings. However no method of carpet cleaning can honestly be touted as "sanitizing" a carpet.

Some time ago we heard from a cleaner who told us the schools he was cleaning with Releasit were testing better than other schools in his state. Their school district tested the school's carpets for mold content and the cleaner told us that his schools were testing with lower mold content than other schools in his state. Well that got us to thinking; perhaps the polymer was holding the mold in suspension. So we had a lab scientist do some testing with Releasit. Here is a PDF of the test results...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Polymer ... arpets.pdf

Please do NOT take this test as a statement that Releasit is an anti-mold product. We are not stating that at all. All we're noting from this test is that there was an interesting quantifiable reduction in mold in a carpet that was cleaned with Releasit. A lot more testing would need to be done in order to confirm what we saw in this singular test. Yet, these test results were interesting to see.

My reason for referring to the test here is that this research seems to indicate that the polymer may be capable of holding certain types of contaminants in a polymerized state, thereby possibly reducing the contaminants impact on the indoor environment. But as I said above, NO method of cleaning should be considered to be a sanitizing method of carpet care (not encap, not even HWE). And I do agree with the comments above, HWE would be a better choice when cleaning health sensitive areas such as daycare centers, etc.

The encapsulation method is intended for keeping typical commercial carpets looking their best between periodic HWE cleanings. It affords the building occupants the opportunity to enjoy cleaner looking carpets on a day-in day-out basis. And it enables the carpet cleaner to provide the service in a profitable manner. Thus in its intended application, encap becomes a win-win for both parties.

As I said above... HWE would be a better choice when cleaning health sensitive areas such as daycare centers, etc.

Todd Anthony

Just spray down some super heated hot water mixed w/encap and extract with cotton pads . OPE style .

What about abstraction that is suppose to kill all the germs , isnt it ?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Rick,

"SAY iT AIN'T SO"........ :oops:

"Section B was cleaned with a well-known"HOUSEHOLD EXTRACTION CLEANER"... :shock:

My GOD MAN... :!: Do you really feel that was a FAIR test... :roll:

What was the machine..a BISSEL....Or the Monster power of the "RUG DOCTOR".....

Now that is the KINDA-OF bogus information that is SHAMEFUL... :oops:

I have heard really good things about you & your company...However...Do you really
think that THIS BOARD...would not see right through that HYPE...

Todd Anthony

tmdry said:
Spoken like a true Professional.

That was a joke Bill , Encapman said lighten-up !!!!

No one HAS to encap anything but if you dont chances are some other janitor will , that is the way I look at it .

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ok,

I will give you encappers, one more shot to convince me that this is a viable process.

At this point I cannot find one REDEEMABLE QUALITY in this process.

Here are a few points that the encappers try to use to justify this process. I am going to
poke a few holes in these justifications.

1.Less expensive to encapp than HWE.
2.Buildings are more acessable.
3.Priced more competive.
4.Better dry-times.
5.Less wicking issues.

1.Yes, Very low start-up investment.However you will scrubb yourself out of business
in about 1 year.."It has to be extracted eventually." While you guys boast of cleaning
@.07 sf and making a $100.00 an hour...Beware next month a guy just "like you are"
will be doing it @.03 sf...You are WHORING the industry.!

2.Truckmount owners are not going to haul hose up 10 flights of stairs.For even .25 sf.
If we want the job...We will bring or rent a respectable portable..and ACTUALLY CLEAN
the carpet.!

3.The prices you guy's quote are embarrassing..We were cleaning carpet's 30 years ago
@.15sf ...If you are going to screw the client..at least make enough so you can buy some
real equipment...You are going to NEED IT to get the crap out in a year..! BTW...Not
only are TM owners arrogant..We are also LAZY..Don't worry about raising your prices..
There is NO WAY we are going to crank the truck for .15...

4. Dry-times are not an issue with the proper equipment and TECHNITION..Remember
we are actually cleaing the carpet..Only increases the dry time about 30 minutes..less
with air movers.

5.Wicking of soil is the "heart" of your process. Smear around chemical...&... Hope it WICKS
into a crystal...So the cleint can Finish the job tommorrow..That you charged them for today.
If you recieve a complaint.? Do you blame -it on the cleint for NOT finishing your JOB properly.
Wicking of soil is easily removed with the proper chemicals or post padding with SP..
(90%) of wicking issues & browning are promoted by inferior cleaning processes like yours..!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Joe, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

Fair bloody dinkum mate, you're worse than a broken record the way you keep going on and on and on, ad nauseum.

I think I'll go back to reading the other joe's propaganda, but I'm buggered if I know why.

Maybe I'll just keep on bypassing both of you.

As has been said before, it's all part of a system, and how each one chooses to use that system is up to them.

I still have my t/m plus a large porty; for when these encap; jobs need flushing, which does happen.

But I'm also looking at a bonnet type machine as well for certain applications.

They are all just tools for tools with legs to utilise to the best of one tools ability.

This seriousness is getting ridiculous beyond compare.

What's next. ??

Sieg heil ??

Ooroo,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Bit beside the point now that you guys have gone all millitant on each other - but here's a pic of the water that came from my gym. It includes blood, sweat and tears lol :lol: Seriously though, some dipstick had cut himself on the kick boxing bag and kept going, blood spattered everywhere in one room. I'm fairly sure that HWE was the ONLY option in this place.

gymwater.jpg

Powerburst, 175 and and hot as could get her. Strange thing is it didn't really look that dirty.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My comment was made to Rick about spoken like a true pro.

We use both hwe and encap, works great let me tell you. I love having tools.

Hey Joe,

There are companies doing very well using tools in their arsenal quit crying me a river and move on.

At first i felt bad for you bro, but now you just sound like a whiny little bitch. Grow up man.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I don't think he's whinning, but merely making some good points. As i've stated...i bonnet cleaned for years before TM....and there's no comparison...when people explain bonnet/OP cleaning as some sort of extraction...PLEASE!!! You're taking dirt from one room, and smearing it into another room (if you don't change pads often enough)...and when i first heard of encap....huuuh??? Spray down and scrub into carpet and leave???? WTF??? O.k., i get it, it looks better...but give me a break....it's a hack job anyway you slice it. Why not do this.......pre-vac, pre-treat, HWE, post bonnet and THEN spray your wonderful/miracle sauce on the carpet to catch/encap future soil/stains???? No.....that would be too hard and would cut into profits....there are quality cleaners and hacks...which one are you? :?:

duckster

It is always a battle between techniques. You have the dry foamers, the encapers, the portys, the TMs - all battle for the number one spot (sorry if I left a technique out). Each has its good points and YES, each has its bad points and I will not be goaded into naming them so give up before you start. Read on.

Nations practice the same stupid game. Religions have been doing it for thousands of years. Jackasses and Elephants fight it out; not in zoos but in the news.

In the end while it looks like a game of who HAS the biggest one, to anyone watching it is more like who IS the biggest one.

Can we put this dead end discussion to rest or does someone else have something to prove?

Man, the testosterone flows like a raging river in this place sometimes.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
encapman said:
You guys are too funny. You're getting way too political about this. Lighten up a little. All these methods are just tools in the toolbox. You'll naturally want to select the right tool to fit the task at hand, like any professional businessman would. When it comes to commercial glue down carpet, encapsulation is a mighty powerful tool to have in the arsenal, but it's not the only tool. So choose the best method that will keep the carpet looking its best so you can keep your customer happy and maintain a profitable business. That's simple.

I think some of you guys need to get a life. LOL Read what I wrote above. All methods are good. Encap is a killer method for maintaining CGD (commercial glue down) carpet. But we'll use whichever method is appropriate, wherever it's most appropriate. As I said above "When it comes to commercial glue down carpet, encapsulation is a mighty powerful tool to have in the arsenal, but it's not the only tool. So choose the best method that will keep the carpet looking its best so you can keep your customer happy and maintain a profitable business." End of story.

Joe, you wrote... "I don"t do much commercial work any more." ---
There's probably a reason for that. You're a man that is completely entrenched in truckmount cleaning.
Your truckmount is the identity of your business. Heck, it's even your message board icon...
harpers.gif
There is nothing wrong with your approach. So stick with what works for you. You are using THE ABSOLUTE BEST method for servicing the types of accounts you that clean --- i.e. RESIDENTIAL ONLY. And since you are a "residential only" cleaner, it sounds like you're good to go. And if you ever decide to venture outside the world of "residential only", into the realm of commercial cleaning, you'll no doubt learn (rather quickly) that employing some additional methods will prove very helpful to you. In the meantime, don't assume that encap is not effective for commercial carpet care - because it is. It's highly effective! Just as your truckmount is effective in the realm of what you service each day.

John G.

It is funny to watch a few guys paint with such a broad brush trying to back up what they think.

However, you ASSume there is only ONE way to encap.

We encap EVERYTHING, with OP, we remove soil, we use a cleaner "PadCapPro" that KILLS bacteria and viri and after years of encapping
places we have no such problems, no such build up.

Maybe the problem is, you have been "trying" the fastest, cheapest way to clean and then want to paint all encappers as doing the
same, simply not true, it isn't the method, it is still the person doing the cleaning and making sure it is being done right.

Blanket statements like
OP/ENCAP/BONNETS are good on commercial grade carpet for a "clean" appearance, but there's NO WAY any LOGICAL person can say it's a better cleaning system than HWE. While no system will remove 100% of soil, HWE will out clean pads/cimax anyday...when used both methods together you get great results. just my .2
just shows more ignorance about how to clean than anything else.

Seems like nothing changes over the years concerning the difference between truth and bs.

John G.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Cimex and OP users always have that hYPnOTiSEd blank stare about their process.
You can see it by all of the "SHAMPOO" boards trekies who came in support of their "Master".

:shock:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I used to use the "encap" process on commercial but when I got the TM I just couldn't do it anymore. The biggest issue I had was emptying a 110 gallon waste tank and seeing black water come out from a carpet that I had encapped just 4 months prior.

Sorry but no way a couple of gallons of encap juice is doing a damn thing when you can run 100 gallons of steaming hot water thru a carpet and get black water.

As far as price goes, I can do 1000+ sf/hr with the TM & charge .10/ft and still make a decent profit while doing the most thorough job possible. Luckily, prices around here aren't that low yet but it can be done profitably. By the time you add in the cost of the encap solution, pads, bonnets, etc. the savings aren't much for using such an inferior method.

Then you get to what we call "trashed" carpet. A couple of years ago I listened to an encap supplier tell customers that they would have to encap trashed carpet one night, it would look terrible - but don't panic, come back the next day, vacuum like crazy and encap again.

That's ridiculous, how can that be done profitably, much less credibly? Twice the profit for the supplier though.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
On a personal note...

Rick, that was a very Professional response to my provocative post. You are a "Class Act"..
I am not located that far from Rick's operation...And I can tell you that He is one of the good EGGS.. As I re-read the post ...
My post .... "reads" as a character attack on Rick.. :oops:
That was not my intentions...please accept my apolagy.!

As far as "Whining"...Don't think so... I have been very "blessed" Financially...I am retired..
I just can't get this BIZ..out of my blood..! My son is expanding the biz & I just hang around
to piss him off..!

He is constantly looking for the "silver bullet"...It doesn't EXIST..! We do have a several
large commercial accnts... However most are golf courses & office buildings...They are
HWE at aprox. .38 sf...we do have 8 restuarents that are under contract...

He recently ENCAPPED...one of these restuarants with-out my knowlege...The manager
called me the next morning...Inquiring what was going on..?? The facility has cameras,
He was pissed that we had changed our procedure with-out notifying him !!!! He informed
'ME" that he is very familiar the Dry Cleaning process & it will not work for his franchise..

Although the carpet looked fine..He DEMANDED that we return the following evening to HWE.
"The water was BLACK.."

All in all....It has been a enlighting discussion..."Different STROKES for differant FOLKS"

ps sHorTy...Stop looking up my sKirT... :lol:
I realize that you are DOWN UNDER..."Beautiful Country"..... :wink:

hogjowl

Idiot™
My experience has been the same as yours. I still use the encapsulation method on a regular basis on my monthly and quarterly commercial accounts, but my understanding of the systems capabilities has changed. From using it exclusively, at first, I have evolved into using it, as I mentioned above, between regularly scheduled hwe cleanings. The reason for this was the severe nature of the soiling I found in my accounts after being forced to hwe them, for odd reasons, after a long period of time using just encapsulation.

Two examples:

I have a very large country club I clean quarterly. They are very good at vacuuming their carpets daily, and they use good quality vacuums. I had been encap. cleaning this account from the day they first opened their doors. Something like 5 years, if memory serves. They had just one area in their dining room that finally got to the point that encap. cleaning just was not doing well, so I asked them to let me hwe it. I figured I would hwe the whole DR while there. Super black water in my waste tank. The improvement in the overall appearance of the DR was noticable from the rest of the facility. So, they now have one hwe scheduled in a year.

Another account is a very large church. I clean some areas monthly, some quarterly, some twice a year and some areas yearly. One area that is cleaned monthly is their very large daycare, and the main hallway that is on the ground floor of their main building. These two areas, of course, get a great deal of soiling. Their staff, as does the staff of the country club, vacuums daily with good commercial equipment. I have had to change these areas from monthly encap cleaning (using the padcapping method) to monthly hwe cleaning. Padcapping just couldn't keep the soiling at bay. Even with monthly hwe cleaning, the water is black every month.

The areas of this church that I clean quarterly, and otherwise, are padcapped on most occasions, but I will hwe them now on a regular schedule, because I get absolutely black rinse water out of them when I do.

And please ... don't get me started talking about you people who use this method on residential carpets. I've been down that road before, too.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
duckster said:
It is always a battle between techniques. You have the dry foamers, the encapers, the portys, the TMs - all battle for the number one spot (sorry if I left a technique out). Each has its good points and YES, each has its bad points and I will not be goaded into naming them so give up before you start. Read on.

Nations practice the same stupid game. Religions have been doing it for thousands of years. Jackasses and Elephants fight it out; not in zoos but in the news.

In the end while it looks like a game of who HAS the biggest one, to anyone watching it is more like who IS the biggest one.

Can we put this dead end discussion to rest or does someone else have something to prove?

Man, the testosterone flows like a raging river in this place sometimes.

Now thats the type of posts we like to see!!! 8)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty I've done as you have with a couple of my accounts after 5 years of shampooing and then using the TM to extract.

BLACK WATER!

I get alittle nervous now and possibly lose sleep knowing I probably didn't do the right thing by starting to eNcaP/SHAMPOO it in the first place.

In these days and times all it takes is some slick talking HACK to work his way in the door and steal your accounts because you scampooed it.

DO WHATS RIGHT!

Back
Top Bottom