QUESTION......For all you "EnCRAPers"....

Fletch

HOW LONG BEFORE...The commercial accnt. "Buys their own CIMEX & has the DISHWASHER
cleaning the CARPET..."After-all"..There is no SKILL involved in enCRAPPING....

Great quote from a glorified janitor! :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jeff,
Sorry but I was unable to see the "M.D" in your profile... :roll:

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... d941b3108e

I said disenfectant.... :shock:

My son carries his own spray bottle of sanitizer....

He should have realized....From his cleaning experiance...That laying on the floor
in a sweaty work out shirt...That what ever was in the carpet, would "WICK" through
that shirt on to his SKIN.... :!:

I cannot not SAY... that the MRSA...could have been prevented by HWE...BUT...I DAMN SURE
think ....There is atleast a 99% chance that 230 degree water,High Flow Rinse, & a EPA
REGISTERED DISENFECTANT...would have INCREASE the ODDS of resolving the VIRUS.. :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WELL JEFFREY...?????

Did you Click on the LInK.... :oops:

Any other SmArtAss COMMENTS...You would like to add to the Discussion... :roll:

We are Eagerly awaiting you InFinAte WisDom...."From you ILLUSTRIOUS career"

1 year.... :roll:

TIP OF THE DAY..!!!!! Don't enCRAPP your diApErS...."You may get a rASh"

Sooooooooooo. run along NOW ....."I think it is time for your bottle & a NAP..Sweet dreams..

duckster

You keep your horse and buggy out of our way and we speed by in auto mobiles. Stop whining. We beat you out because we are better at selling our solution to the environmentally concerned public which by the way is GROWING in numbers.

You sound like a buggy whip salesman complaining that those new fangled kerosene burners will be the end of the world. Catch up with us and learn why our customers are your former customers. Anyone working out on a carpet in a gym after it has been treaded upon by people whose sweat is dripping on the floor for even ONE day doesn't have both oars in the water.

Don't just read, comprehend.

Fletch

And I didn't see "PH.D." by yours! To put it plainly, to imply that one is "unskilled" because they may use an Encapsulation method is to ignore the fact that HWE industry is replete with those with no more education or skill than a nut-less monkey! I am confident that my education level far exceeds the average carpet cleaner, and most likely yours. But to be clear, that does not make me any better than anyone else! You are the one that seems to want to use that as an issue instead of answering the valid arguments that have been brought forth.

Of course, it does not take an educated person to do this work! Hot Water Extraction: So easy a dish-washer can do it! It helps if that person can learn, adapt, and understand. The industry is full of good people that are smart with the tools they have. Insulting remarks that suggest that some people are beneath you, is always a losing proposition. I have known “Doctors” that can barely tie their shoes. They can do their job well, but practically nothing else.

I would be personally cautious in applying an insecticide if you are not certified by the State to do so! (Most require a license). Regular Microban, applied properly, would “sanitize,” not disinfect (two different things). The question is, in all likelihood would the gym have paid extra for the sanitizing treatment? Most will not, so whether it was Encapped or HWE’d it would have made little measurable difference.

To be shrill and demeaning towards other methods, without admitting the inadequacy or the true effectiveness of your own method, I see as unnecessary. Suggesting Microban is a positive direction, and it would be equally effective for both HWE and Encap, so what good is the point of bashing another method? The issue is whether we should be pressing disinfectant; is it not?

Greenie

duckster said:
Only when the old soak-n-suck method doesn't work which is like .............................ALWAYS!

Are you for real?

If I had to do some daycares, and it wasn't an obstacle course, I have a wicked hot TM and use a 24" glided drag wand at 1000 psi, and make short CLEAN work of it.

I have one unit here I would sell, and I know Kevin Brenny has one for sale in TX cause i built a custom 9 jet Greenhorn manifold for it, and custom Glide.

If I had more time for new projects, I'd build these 24" glided drag wands, they are money makers, just take a MANLY TM with high heat to capitalize on them.

ps; and regardless of all the goofy smileys, I tend to agree with Harper, some jobs shouldn't be shampooed.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm with Jeff here,

sorry Harper but people might start taking you more serious if you drop the smilies on every sentence looks VERY childish and unprofessional.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"BaBy-SaFe" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...really... :oops:

Is Jeffrey...One of your cleints... :?: "Might want to check that ClAim"... :shock:

If he is ...."what do you use to remove the "FOol-AiD" stains from his LIppY-Cup... :wink:

Now,Jeffrey...."Edu-Ma-KatIoN"...."Yoou stilll are in KiNDerGaRdEn"....around here... :?

Sooooo...Kindly Raise your Hand before you BluRt-out & disrupt the class... :!:

Matter of FaCt...You go to the corner and Take a "tImE-OuT....... :cry:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thanks Bill,

I was Just using them as hand puppets...To try to hold the little-ones attention....!

The disussion went down the tube's...after the 1st reply from the encapp EXPERTS..

I really don't care how they "clean"......It is just that there chance of success is truely
limited...&... It really..IMO..sets the industry back 20 years...!

CleanEvo

Guys who think that encapping is actually cleaning the carpets better are either miss-informed or lack experience in this industry, and I'm not bashing anyone... I was there once.

We all know it's relatively easy and a low investment to get into the encapping end of this business. Not everyone can afford to start out with a truck mount, I didn't. But to go around saying that encapping is superior, you are fooling yourself... and worse, you are fooling the customer. Sure there's the odd wick back issue that encapping "appears" to clean better... but over all you are leaving waaaaaay more soil behind than a good HWE will. I now HWE 99% of the time and I never have wick back issues, it's just a matter of flushing the spills out properly and extracting well.

I have commercial customers that I used to encap, who have commented on how much better the carpets look since I used the TM on them. And honestly, they really don't know the difference in the methods and probably could care less... they just know the carpets look better, and I leave there feeling a lot better about it.

For you guys who only have encapping equipment, consider at least using pads or bonnets to remove some more soiling. There's also nothing wrong with a good porty followed up with a bonnet, takes longer but works very well.

duckster

HARPER said:
"BaBy-SaFe" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...really... :oops:

Is Jeffrey...One of your cleints... :?: "Might want to check that ClAim"... :shock:

If he is ...."what do you use to remove the "FOol-AiD" stains from his LIppY-Cup... :wink:

Now,Jeffrey...."Edu-Ma-KatIoN"...."Yoou stilll are in KiNDerGaRdEn"....around here... :?

Sooooo...Kindly Raise your Hand before you BluRt-out & disrupt the class... :!:

Matter of FaCt...You go to the corner and Take a "tImE-OuT....... :cry:

Act like an adult Harper or have your mommy write your messages.

It's children like you that ruin a good board. You started the fight, now STFU.

We pointed out at least once here that your son did not practice good common sense working out on a gym carpet, point your accusing finger at your precious son. If your son was playing with matches and burned himself you are the kind of person who would file a suit against the match company.

See what breathing all those gas exhaust fumes did for you? You are not half as smart as you once were. Get on the short bus. Don't forget your helmet.

I see where your son got all his smarts. The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Easy there MIKE.... :!:

YOUR gonna sLiNg your BONNET........ :shock:

My son didn't INSULT YOU..."I did"...So Stay on TOPIC....

Now .....Take your time and eNlIghTeN me as to the FINE art of enCRAPPING... :roll:

I hope I didn't ScrAtCh...your little PINK underbelly... :oops:

Ps ..If it is my little "EmOtIonConS"...That are upsetting you..I will REFRAIN...

So ...I now will wait patiently for your reply...Feel free to reveiw the process on You-Tube..

ron markam

EX SERIAL ENCAPPER,PADCAPPER, whatever you chose to call it. While it MAY may the carpet look better go back and extract and you will see the real deal.The water will be black as tar and if that is not enough to convince you I do not know what it will take. Yes we still encap but it is done with much leess frequency .I have no problem with anyone that chooses to do this regularly BUT at some point that carpet has to be extracted.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
It's children like you that ruin a good board. You started the fight, now STFU.

Wow, you have a GRAND TOTAL of 187 posts and you wand to come here and and complain about somebody calling one of your methods hackish? Get real its this real in your face atmosphere that MAKES this board. Either put up with it or go find another whinny sissy board to play carpet hero on.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
MRSA is staph, it lives in your nose and throat, likes moist conditions to thrive, reproduces every 10 to 30 minutes, if you don't kill it is can come back stronger

if he got MRSA from the carpet I would think he had to be moving around on the carpet to create friction, your sink is the body's first line of defense so he would of had to create an entry pont

I had cleaned many carpets, ever way you can think of, for a local University, dorms, offices and weight room

had many a university chemistry student doing a term paper swab the carpet and grow it in a petri dish

results were interesting, you might be suprised by the heat created with friction from a bonnet

Best result was with high flow 290 water coming out of the Vortex, using a sanitizer called sani-brite, lots of vacuum passes came out the best in the petri dish. So the get it clean and get it dry stands the test of time.

but the sanitizer leaves behind a residue which is also a mild skin irritant and tests from several hours after cleaning bacteria was growing again

I think in the end the best thing to do might be to clean HWE the carpet and spray the carpet after cleaning with peroxide but peroxide after cimex or bonnet might have the same results

I would think the 150 comment is for hard surfaces but even then once it hits a hard surface it cools very rapidly

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Or in the situation of health sinks such as this. They should be getting a full carpet cleaning monthly and a low moisture process that would include some type of sanitizer weekly as well as post spray sanitizer applications daily and good air flow over night with regular filter changes. If it was hard surface I bet they would be paying for some program like this utilizing a product like Betco's AF315 ran through an autoscrubber daily. But heaven forbid that carpet should have to be cleaned with such care. I mean come on something with many many times the suface are of a hard floor and yet facilities should not be expected to clean it everyday like a hard surface floor. :|

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
just buy one of them christi brinkly/chucky norris system and work out at home :lol: :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
HARPER said:
Do you guys...encap...Daycares,Gym's,Dentist and Doctor's offices....... :oops:

This was the initial post....

BTW My son is doing fine...They put him on some BAD ASS antibiotics...

The owner of the gym is his freind...There was never any legal action mentioned..
He just made him aware what the doctor said...The owner shut down immediatly &
spent 2 days disenfecting the gym..As he should have..!!!

AGAIN...He should not have been working out on the floor..!!!

The MRSA virus can be FATAL to children and persons with compromised immune systems..

As you know by now...I am not a FAN of encrapping...That is my PERSONAL choice....!

But as MANY circumstances we face in this INDUSTRY..."WE should ALWAYS try to MIDIGATE any DAMAGES that we may encounter..!

"IMO"...Any daycare or medical office SHOULD cleaned PROPERLY and DISENFECTED to
the best of our ability...From this day on I will make SURE all these facilities are aware
of the liability they may incur ....When they choose to SAVE on this INFERIOR process..!

DavidVB

I'll second the thought about price and education. Will building owners or facilities managers ever be convinced to spend the money to properly maintain their carpet? A few maybe, but most continue to shop price and I don't see that changing. We'll truckmount commercial if they are willing to pay for it but I think its nuts to fire up a truck mount and run a wand for 8 or 10 cents.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Periodic cleaning technique is irrelevant regarding organism control, if there are not daily countermeasures.

duckster

goomes said:
Periodic cleaning technique is irrelevant regarding organism control, if there are not daily countermeasures.

That is true. My wife worked in a health club back in the seventies. They disinfected the entire gym every night. I don't know if it is legally required, but it should be. Would you walk into a hospital for treatment if they didn't disinfect at least once per day and you knew it? Not if you wanted to come out vertical as opposed to horizontal.

It would not matter if carpet was steam cleaned, vlm or nuked. The sterility is something the facility alone can effect.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't care how you other guys clean, what method you use, or how you price. There are always going to be folks who clean with portables, use encap. and practice bait-n-switch techniques. I'll say hi and smile at them just as I will with any other cleaner. However, I learned the hard way that encapsulation cleaning is not cleaning and does not stand up to normal scrutiny over an extended period of time. The dirty sock syndrome will strike eventually, and you will lose the account.

So, my feelings are, it's a great maintenance method, but without regularly scheduled HWE cleanings mixed into the cleaning schedule, the cleaner is just fooling the customer.

And you can only fool them for just so long ...

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Truth be told, no method of carpet cleaning can truly "sanitize" a carpet. Some methods pull more contaminants from the carpet than others. And HWE has the potential to recover the highest amount of soil in a single shot. Encap is intended to serve as a maintenance system that will keep the carpet looking better/longer between HWE cleanings. However no method of carpet cleaning can honestly be touted as "sanitizing" a carpet.

Some time ago we heard from a cleaner who told us the schools he was cleaning with Releasit were testing better than other schools in his state. Their school district tested the school's carpets for mold content and the cleaner told us that his schools were testing with lower mold content than other schools in his state. Well that got us to thinking; perhaps the polymer was holding the mold in suspension. So we had a lab scientist do some testing with Releasit. Here is a PDF of the test results...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Polymer ... arpets.pdf

Please do NOT take this test as a statement that Releasit is an anti-mold product. We are not stating that at all. All we're noting from this test is that there was an interesting quantifiable reduction in mold in a carpet that was cleaned with Releasit. A lot more testing would need to be done in order to confirm what we saw in this singular test. Yet, these test results were interesting to see.

My reason for referring to the test here is that this research seems to indicate that the polymer may be capable of holding certain types of contaminants in a polymerized state, thereby possibly reducing the contaminants impact on the indoor environment. But as I said above, NO method of cleaning should be considered to be a sanitizing method of carpet care (not encap, not even HWE). And I do agree with the comments above, HWE would be a better choice when cleaning health sensitive areas such as daycare centers, etc.

The encapsulation method is intended for keeping typical commercial carpets looking their best between periodic HWE cleanings. It affords the building occupants the opportunity to enjoy cleaner looking carpets on a day-in day-out basis. And it enables the carpet cleaner to provide the service in a profitable manner. Thus in its intended application, encap becomes a win-win for both parties.

Greenie

The best part of this thread:

"...The encapsulation method is intended for keeping typical commercial carpets looking their best between periodic HWE cleanings. It affords the building occupants the opportunity to enjoy cleaner looking carpets on a day-in day-out basis. And it enables the carpet cleaner to provide the service in a profitable manner. Thus in its intended application, encap becomes a win-win for both parties. "

F

FB7777

The encapsulation method is intended for keeping typical commercial carpets looking their best between periodic HWE cleanings. It affords the building occupants the opportunity to enjoy cleaner looking carpets on a day-in day-out basis. And it enables the carpet cleaner to provide the service in a profitable manner. Thus in its intended application, encap becomes a win-win for both parties.

even Rick agrees that it is appearance maintenance and has very little to do with actual cleaning

thats accomplished during the HWE portion of the commercial cleaning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom