Question Mikey

I have never run a V or AT. I do know I want a super suck machine for the obvious reasons.

Would you buy another V/AT or would you go with a slide in?

Are you afraid the slide in will not meet your standards?

Just curious.

I might upgrade to the 650, but I want to hear your side of the story.

Installing two machines seems like gas and overhead would be too much.

Mikey P

Administrator
For true dual wanding yes I would buy new Aerotech. IF I thought they will withstand the day when cintas bails

Not being convinced of that, if I had to replace my V tomorrow it would be with two well formulated slide ins

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
I have never run a V or AT. I do know I want a super suck machine for the obvious reasons.

Would you buy another V/AT or would you go with a slide in?

Are you afraid the slide in will not meet your standards?

Just curious.

I might upgrade to the 650, but I want to hear your side of the story.

Installing two machines seems like gas and overhead would be too much.

Why in the WORLD...would you want Mike's opinion.... :roll:

HE IS A HACK..... :oops:

He knows..... "nothing about nothing" ....he just owns a 1/2 assed BB board...."Geeeeez..!!!"

"WAKE-UP !" danny boy.... :idea:

Why not go with something like a 650?

Have you ever tried one?

I would like to go with two machines as well. Heck I have two and could do that.

Honestly if I could find a good used AT, I would probably pull the trigger. I'm just afraid it will be a constant battle with maintenance.

After several years I am a dual wand company. 80 percent of the jobs we do are. I just want more performance.

Will upgrading to 2.5 vac ports make that much difference.

The vac is great on some jobs and not so great on others (poly).

Still we do extra dry strokes so no big deal.

The only problem with two machines is you need a really big truck and that is a problem in the city.

I want a Nissan NV. I can just keep what I have and always upgrade to the 650 if a good deal comes along.

I did a restaurant last night and the performance was great. Great heat and suck.

It does ok just not great on poly carpets. Nylon carpets are a cinch to dual wand.

Maybe I should just try to get more performance out of what I have.

I'm just not convinced cutting my tank up for an extra 1/2 inch will make that much difference and besides I need the 300' of hose I carry.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Mikey P said:
over 100k

[quote="Chris Adkins":1eqiu6zo]Whats a tricked out at go for these days?

Fook that!

I don't want to spend more than 30k[/quote:1eqiu6zo]

Hey ..CRACK-HEAD.... :roll:

Look at the SPEC"S....All you have to do in UP-GRADE on the BLOWER....Jeeeze... :shock:

The ...."HP"...is just "HIGH PRESSURE"....Which is USLESS....because the HX cannot take more the 1000 psi pressure... !gotcha! So when you go into the HP mode ...you have to use COLD water...It by-passes the HX.... :oops:

ps You have the NISSAN motor...use it to its capacity... !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Too much food, I can't think straight, is there a current production 5.9 unit out there?

"There was a....ThReAt.....but it was ScIeNtIfIcAllY squashed...." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Just curious how difficult it would be to swap blowers, and how much more performance there would be?

What blower do you have...NOW...? GD 408 or Sutorbilt..?

I use in-line filters and the basket in the tank.

I change filters between jobs or sometimes during the job.

I have tried 4 to the door but notice no difference with one vac port plugged and running two inch to the machine.

The blower is square.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Then you have a Gardner/Denver...408 .."good blower" plenty of SUCK.. 8)

Come off the Tank with a 2 1/2 inch adapter...CUT HOLE IN tank lid...!

Then run 6 foot of 2 1/2 hose to front of unit...

Install cool -cuff...

Then run 50 foot of 2 1/2 hose on you 1st run from machine....then reduce to 2 inch...

It will BLOW YOUR MIND.... :lol:

ps RUN on HIGH...& you now own a 650....running on medium.... :shock:
"About a 350.00 mod....if you have 2 1/2 hose".... !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
S4011185.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
I guess you don't dual wand with your tools. You just crank a second machine. :roll:

Can U spell.....D...I...L...D...O..... :roll:

"If you weren't such a BD....you could have a REAL w-tank built...." :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry:

S4010987.jpg

S4010989.jpg

just trying to HELP.....cheep ass.... :mrgreen:

"You can leed a horse to water...................................................................... :roll:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
danielc said:
So what size is my blower?

Its a 408 CFM blower Daniel.

Does your biz model really support a big V/AT truck ? Unless you're doing 500 foot hose runs daily, high rise commercial, and have another tech that's going to dual wand with you every single day, to increase production. I don't see why you would need it except for pee pee envy.

PS. And if you plan on buying a used V/AT for 30k..... be prepared to drop another 15-20k in it within the next 2 years to fix what already is failing, or what just hasn't failed yet.

I worked for a company that bought a used for around 40k. It was great to have....when it wasn't at Aerotech getting fixed. But I know they dropped right around 13k the first month just replacing the blower, and some other stuff.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My Thermal Wave does everything my 6008 did.........it's all in the set up......

K P

If you already did 4tothe door,then running a 2 1/2 inch port on the tank is not going to be any different.The problem with all the production machines is they run them at maybe 2/3s capabilities,so if you could rig that governor up a few hundred rpm,this would give you the most bang for your buck.

Back
Top Bottom