Quickbooks vs. Quickbooks Online (With Service Monster)

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Currently running Quickbooks 2013 and they will no longer support this version so it's time to upgrade.

Trying to decided if I should stick with the software install on my computer or transition to QB online.

Anyone make the conversion from Quickbooks software to Quickbooks online?

How did it go for you? Is it much different?

Are you using QB Online with Service Monster and how is that working out?

I also do payroll through Quickbooks, so I will be continuing with this as well.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am in the process of converting to qb online. I don't have a lot of payroll and don't use service monster. It's more of a cost savings, paying monthly instead of having to buy a new program every few years. I am just recovering from a situation where my accountant has fled the coop along with my paper work and it is costing me a fortune to redo everything from bank statements and so on. If I had been on the cloud, everything would be entered and I could just deny access to the old accountant and give access to the new accountant. What we were doing in the past is give the accountant all paperwork and she would send us back completed entries on a flash drive. Worked great until she took off. Qb will give different deals, depending if you are dealing with them yourself or dealing through an accountant with multiple customers. My new accountant is suggesting that my monthly fee will be aprox $10-$15 per month, depending on what package I want. The other nice thing is that all updates are done automatically, (tax tables, payroll updates and so on)

Reactions: PrimaDonna

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
You may check with your Accountant he may be able to get you a discount.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I'm in the same boat (using 2013). Tried a QB online trial and didn't like it at all. Seemed like QB lite to me.

It's also quite a bit more expensive if you figure a desktop version amortized over the 3 years it's supported is only about $6 a month for full functionality.

Unless having your expense data accesible in the cloud is really important to you (obviously your customer and revenue data is already there with SM) then I would get 2016 desktop, which is what I'm going to do.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom