rat nasty pics, b4 & after.

Mike Draper

So, we vac'd, pre-spray (extreme clean) , cimex with extreme clean and vol.40, rotovac and then studebakers. the whole house looked like this. This house was a foreclosure. Because everyone on here is so bitchy about charging the same price for everything no matter what, we did that and lost our ass. hey Marty, blow me.
nasty-7.jpg

nasty-6.jpg

nasty-4.jpg

nasty-5.jpg

nasty-1.jpg

nasty-3.jpg

nasty-10.jpg

nasty-2.jpg

dday

Jim Martin said:
how long did it take and why did you lose your ass......

I was wondering the same thing ... "losing $$$" is not the same thing as "making fewer $$$ profit."

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: rat nasty pics, b4 & after.

Kevin P said:
Its called delamination and that one aint worth it.

How can you tell its delamination?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

K P

Experience.It still might be attached,but I could probably get 10" with a power stetcher(at least)reluctantly.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Poor installation in the first place.

Yes there could be SOME delamination, but the bulk of that is not. It can be repaired to the point of reducing any visible wrinkles below a noticable threshhold. I wouldn't stretch much over 4", even though it COULD be stretched more. Don't kill it.

If it was worth cleaning it's worth finishing the job.

Mike Draper

Here is my Question: For you guys that think its unethical to charge more for certain jobs over others...

Would you?
* spend way more time on this job to make it look like i did, but charge the same $ per sq. ft. as you always do because that's the right way to do business?
* charge the same as you always do and clean the same as you always do so the end result is a hack job, but at least you didnt lose money because you hurried through the job?
* explain to them as i did that I cant charge my normal rate because I have to do a restoration clean which is much more involved and time consuming, then charge more $, make money, and make them a happy custy that no longer needs to replace the carpet?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Because everyone on here is so bitchy about charging the same price for everything no matter what, we did that and lost our ass.

Mike Draper said:
Here is my Question: For you guys that think its unethical to charge more for certain jobs over others...

Would you?
* spend way more time on this job to make it look like i did, but charge the same $ per sq. ft. as you always do because that's the right way to do business?
* charge the same as you always do and clean the same as you always do so the end result is a hack job, but at least you didnt lose money because you hurried through the job?
* explain to them as i did that I cant charge my normal rate because I have to do a restoration clean which is much more involved and time consuming, then charge more $, make money, and make them a happy custy that no longer needs to replace the carpet?

so how did you lose your ass.....??????

carpet looks good BTW.....

Name
BradFenstermaker
Nice work Mike!

I would of given them the 3 options you listed.

Pushed for the 3rd cause thats what it needed. Everyone has a budget, let them choose.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
That's one of the best before and afters I've ever seen. Great job Drapes.

Mike Draper

It was one of the worst residential homes I've cleaned. I only cleaned 250 sq. Ft. An hour. Th pictures don't do justice to how dirty the carpet really was.

S

sam miller

Mike Draper said:
I didn't lose money, I'm being a smart ass.

No way! Really/

I wish I would charge more for really crap carpets sometimes I do!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
nice work! i charge a different rate for each and every job depending on various factors. if you give them the price before you start, it can't be unethical.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You did an amazing job Mike, it looks fantastic. While the carpet isn't what I'd consider high quality, your cleaning allows it to be shown and sold and not look like dump.

For us price is going to be dictated by the amount of time needed to sufficently clean the carpet. Light sold load can be priced cheaper, heavier soil load, needs to be charged more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom